Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Churchlands Delgany Development

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,342 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

loyatemu wrote: »
    the entrance is clearly via Delgany Glen on the plans https://churchlandsdelgany.ie/site-plan/.

I believe there will be an entrance beside Laurence's eventually when the the next phase is built.

Interesting site plan, things look nicely spaced out IMO.

Only thing I'd be wary of is the creche at the back of the development is going to result in a lot of traffic in mornings and evenings going by peoples front door.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

awec wrote: »
    Interesting site plan, things look nicely spaced out IMO.

Only thing I'd be wary of is the creche at the back of the development is going to result in a lot of traffic in mornings and evenings going by peoples front door.

Numbers 73 to 75 will have a lot of people doing u-turns outside their home!

Numbers 73 to 75 will have a lot of people doing u-turns outside their home!

Yea.

That said, there's a chance the creche never gets built anyway. Wood Group have planned creches before and not built them in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

the entrance is clearly via Delgany Glen on the plans https://churchlandsdelgany.ie/site-plan/.

I believe there will be an entrance beside Laurence's eventually when the the next phase is built.

very odd considering it reduces to a single lane.. one car only at that point.. you can see it on the map.... doesn't make any sense.. I have the WCC plans they submitted to WCC and it states main entrance will be at Lawrence's

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

Yea.

That said, there's a chance the creche never gets built anyway. Wood Group have planned creches before and not built them in the end.

The road will open up for phase two opposite those houses

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

I see the Building Regs changed today. Near Zero is the next big thing, so the spec of these is outdated already.
    Speaking of which, the website says they all have solar thermal panels (which are old hat) but the photo shows Solar PV panels, which would be better.
    Which is it?

https://churchlandsdelgany.ie/specification/

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

recedite wrote: »
    I see the Building Regs changed today. Near Zero is the next big thing, so the spec of these is outdated already.

These homes have an A2 BER rating. Once you improve on that the law of diminishing returns applies.

Speaking of which, the website says they all have solar thermal panels (which are old hat) but the photo shows Solar PV panels, which would be better.
    Which is it?

The photo does not show PV panels. PV panels are connected to cables, not pipes.

2011 wrote: »
    PV panels are connected to cables, not pipes.
    Ya don't say :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mccartas

Which is it?

https://churchlandsdelgany.ie/specification/

The brochure states Churchlands will achieve the new NZEB standards.

mccartas wrote: »
    The brochure states Churchlands will achieve the new NZEB standards.
    The printed brochure? A brochure is not a legally binding document, it is a marketing prop.
    The development would not be required to meet new NZEB standards because the building is already underway. Its possible the builder volunteered to be the first builder in the country to build to future standards, but unlikely.

In any case, a house with a fossil fuel boiler and solar thermal panels, as per the website spec, would be unlikely to pass the 2010 building regs, let alone the new NZEB ones.

• Advertisement

The printed brochure? A brochure is not a legally binding document, it is a marketing prop.
    The development would not be required to meet new NZEB standards because the building is already underway. Its possible the builder volunteered to be the first builder in the country to build to future standards, but unlikely.

In any case, a house with a fossil fuel boiler and solar thermal panels, as per the website spec, would be unlikely to pass the 2010 building regs, let alone the new NZEB ones.

Nonsense.

The houses in Seagreen, that Churchlands is pretty much an exact replica of, all have thermal solar panels and gas boilers.

Nonsense.

The houses in Seagreen, that Churchlands is pretty much an exact replica of, all have thermal solar panels and gas boilers.
    Probably the same then. I made a comment on that thread.
    I never actually set foot inside a Seagreen house though. Have they got the solar powered radiator at the top of the stairs?
    A guy came up with that idea a good few years ago as a workaround for compliance with the 2010 regs. Yes, there are some days in Ireland when there is enough heat in the sun to heat all your hot water plus the radiator. And there are days when you want your heating on. But those days rarely coincide. So while it may work on paper (with a bit of mathematical trickery) its not so good in real life.

How are those solar powered radiators doing today, on a typical dull November day when you want the radiator to be on?
    You're not going to get anywhere near NZEB compliance with that trick.

Anyway, still a good house compared to Charlesland and all the old Greystones housing stock.

Probably the same then. I made a comment on that thread.
    I never actually set foot inside a Seagreen house though. Have they got the solar powered radiator at the top of the stairs?
    A guy came up with that idea a good few years ago as a workaround for compliance with the 2010 regs. Yes, there are some days in Ireland when there is enough heat in the sun to heat all your hot water plus the radiator. And there are days when you want your heating on. But those days rarely coincide. So while it may work on paper (with a bit of mathematical trickery) its not so good in real life.

How are those solar powered radiators doing today, on a typical dull November day when you want the radiator to be on?
    You're not going to get anywhere near NZEB compliance with that trick.

Anyway, still a good house compared to Charlesland and all the old Greystones housing stock.

Yea they have that radiator. It's no use in the winter.

Generally, in the summer you will never use your gas boiler, and in the winter you'll use it for both heating and water, though you will not need it on much.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

further south it's likely to be some minor junctions being closed,

I wish they'd get working on this bit now. I reckon it'd make a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Cheeseplant

Hi All,
    Those that have bought recently can you tell me if you have needed to have your current house sold/ be sale agreed at time of booking the house?
    The last time we went looking at new houses in 2016 they were very particular about having our house sale agreed or sold despite not being able to guaranteed when they would be issuing contracts...

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Cluster

Hi All,
    Those that have bought recently can you tell me if you have needed to have your current house sold/ be sale agreed at time of booking the house?
    The last time we went looking at new houses in 2016 they were very particular about having our house sale agreed or sold despite not being able to guaranteed when they would be issuing contracts...

If its Woods then this will apply. I had to have this in place for my house in Seagreen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Cerco

Cluster wrote: »
    If its Woods then this will apply. I had to have this in place for my house in Seagreen

IMHO this type of decision is taken by the estate agents rather than the developer alone. Either way it makes little difference.
    Best of luck Op.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Cluster

Cerco wrote: »
    IMHO this type of decision is taken by the estate agents rather than the developer alone. Either way it makes little difference.
    Best of luck Op.

possibly yes.

Cluster wrote: »
    possibly yes.

Thank you both

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭lfen

Anyone buy in the first phase? Looking to get an idea of when the first phase is due to be completed.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 thenewguys

We both a semi d in the first phase, and were told August/September for completion although all seems to be moving very slowly, especially when you look at Eastmount...

thenewguys wrote: »
    We both a semi d in the first phase, and were told August/September for completion although all seems to be moving very slowly, especially when you look at Eastmount...

Eastmount is timber frame, these are block, so they'll be slower.

Eastmount is timber frame, these are block, so they'll be slower.

Thanks for that info

Didn’t realise Eastmount were timber frame. Thanks for that. Prices are extortionate in Eastmount. €470k for a 3 bed!

lfen wrote: »
    Didn’t realise Eastmount were timber frame. Thanks for that. Prices are extortionate in Eastmount. €470k for a 3 bed!

Were Eastmount launched? Where did you see a price list and can you post same ? thanks

Were Eastmount launched? Where did you see a price list and can you post same ? thanks

I had registered on eastmount.ie and got a call to say they were going on sale earlier than expected, Dec 11th. They gave me the pricing over the phone so can’t share, sorry.

Would be interested to know how many sold so if you get any info you might share? Thanks!

lfen wrote: »

Nothing wrong with timber frame really.

470 for 3 bed is high though even by Greystones prices. I think the Churchlands houses were about 430 for a 3 bed.

Did they give you floor area sizing or anything?

Nothing wrong with timber frame really.

470 for 3 bed is high though even by Greystones prices. I think the Churchlands houses were about 430 for a 3 bed.

Did they give you floor area sizing or anything?

Sherry set up a portal just google Eastmount and floor plans are available

thenewguys wrote: »
    Sherry set up a portal just google Eastmount and floor plans are available

You got a link? I googled but can't find floor plans and the eastmount.ie website is just filler content.

I did find though that they are 120 sqm, so they're only slightly bigger (5sqm) than the larger 3 beds in Churchlands.

• Advertisement

You’ll get info via the portal at eastmount.sherryfitz.ie

Advertisement