Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Thoughts on Juventus to be called Piemonte Calcio in Fifa after PES deal

• 18-07-2019 9:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 41

As the title states, thoughts on Juventus to be called Piemonte Calcio in Fifa after PES deal

More information on the situation via BBC News:

"Fifa 20 will not feature Juventus, after Konami, the games company that makes Pro Evolution Soccer 2020, signed an exclusive deal with the club.

Players of Fifa 20 will instead have to search for "Piemonte Calcio" if they want to play as Juventus stars such as Cristiano Ronaldo and Aaron Ramsey.

Piemonte Calcio will have its own badge and kit, designed by EA Sports.

This marks the first time in 25 years that Fifa will not hold the licence for the Serie A champions."

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Given I only play FUT, this isn't really a massive issue. I never use their kit or stadium.

If they'd lost player likenesses, it would have been devastating for them. But just losing the crest, jersey and stadium isn't going to be that big a deal for the overwhelming majority of Fifa players, I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Did have quite the impact on EA's share price though: https://www.cnbc.com/2019/07/16/ea-slides-after-losing-licensing-rights-to-ronaldos-team-juventus.html

I'm not too bothered. The game itself is most important to me. PES6 was an unbelievable game and its enjoyment wasn't reduced by playing with the Merseysides, Patagonia, or Athenakos FC. Same with the Sensible Soccer re-release.

It's unfortunate, but get the gameplay right and I won't care if I'm playing with Juventus or Black & White F.C.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 14,223 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

While I'm happy Fifa are losing something, exclusive content is a load of shíte. EA sports ended NFL 2k by buying exclusive rights to the NFL. It leads to worse games. Thank fúck konami have editing and option files, because if it didn't, it would have been EA sports doing whatever they liked with FIFA over the years and no competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

in my head I keep seeing this as Piebald Calcio in no small part due to Juve's black and white strip.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,954 ✭✭✭Liamalone

No thoughts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,223 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Liamalone wrote: »
    No thoughts

But you still posted them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

Caldio Agnelli would be a better name.

Advertisement