Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fifa 19

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

RobertDL wrote: »
    There are usually promotions on black friday?

Yeah Fifa 18 was half price if I remember rightly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,077 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Server down for anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Down for a while now, two hours or so. Some managed to log on, but it didn't work for long.

wonski wrote: »
    Down for a while now, two hours or so. Some managed to log on, but it didn't work for long.
    I am logged in now playing seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Luap

Any interest in a PS4 league?

• Advertisement

Luap wrote: »
    Any interest in a PS4 league?

Yep I would.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Is the Hobanator/Firmino hand over eye celebration in the game?

• Administrators Posts: 53,356 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Got up to div 4 in seasons, I've noticed that at this level everyone seems to play as either Madrid, Juventus, Barcelona or PSG? Is it like this the whole way up to div 1?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Yep I would.

Literally just checked for a PS4 FIFA 19 league, no sign. I'd be interested too lads.

Is it just me or is Salah pretty meh in this game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

awec wrote: »
    Is it just me or is Salah pretty meh in this game?

Pretty accurate in terms of form.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

19 has sussed me out, normally pick St Pats and beat "most" other players in local and sometimes online when matchmaking finds another fool like me playing with a sub 60 team.

Sub 60 teams are not an employable strat in this one :(

Throwback to 15 when it worked, french lad quit after this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,954 ✭✭✭Liamalone

dreamers75 wrote: »
    19 has sussed me out, normally pick St Pats and beat "most" other players in local and sometimes online when matchmaking finds another fool like me playing with a sub 60 team.

Sub 60 teams are not an employable strat in this one :(

Throwback to 15 when it worked, french lad quit after this.

Missing your point here dude. Bronze teams no longer overpowered? Is that it? AAAAAW

• Registered Users Posts: 7 RobertDL

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Fifa down to €39.99 (from €59.99) on the PS Store. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Wilberto wrote: »
    Fifa down to €39.99 (from €59.99) on the PS Store. :)

And the USA get it for 30 dollars so make sure to inform any American friends ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

Liamalone wrote: »
    Missing your point here dude. Bronze teams no longer overpowered? Is that it? AAAAAW

Damn I miss Fifa 15, what has happened to this game

Damn I miss Fifa 15, what has happened to this game

Back to sleep Walter, they're still looking for you ffs

Missed out on promotion to Div1 in online seasons by a single point. :(

Still haven't cracked that Div2->Div1 promotion and it's breaking my heart.

awec wrote: »
    Missed out on promotion to Div1 in online seasons by a single point. :(

Still haven't cracked that Div2->Div1 promotion and it's breaking my heart.

Highest I got was 3. What are you using to beat teams anything you noticed to get up through the divisions

• Advertisement

Highest I got was 3. What are you using to beat teams anything you noticed to get up through the divisions
    Not massively. A large part of it is just the pure luck of matchmaking. Also I'm playing on PC and the standard is lower than console.

The one thing I did notice is once you get past div 3 every single person is playing as either Juventus, PSG, Real Madrid or Barcelona. So unfortunately unless you're absolutely amazing you'll probably have to play as one of these teams as well.

It's seriously dull, but I want to try win div 1 then I'll go back to playing as more interesting teams. The amount of times I've had Juventus v Juventus, PSG v PSG etc is ridiculous.

Also don't use team press. Everyone uses this in lower divisions. In higher divisions you'll get destroyed and your team will be fcuked by half time.

Can't buy a win now, must be 8 losses in a row. Got to love FIFA sometimes. Can't pass, can't tackle, players won't make runs, this game really can drive you crazy. :(

Sure you can buy a win, a draw or an extra match :)

On a serious note I must try online seasons, haven't played it in two years. Ultimate mode gets on my nerves sometimes.

Are most of those games played in fair play mode, or is it full of time wasting etc
    ?

It's a game, tis only a game

Liamalone wrote: »
    It's a game, tis only a game

Sure it is, but who didn't want to throw their pad towards the telly after conceding last minute goal from a guy who barely tried to play :)

I am one of the most calm and relaxed players around here, though, lost 549 games in fifa 19 ;)

Have I ever complained? :)

Good run now after fixing the broadband and getting Rui Costa and Futmas Balotelli. These are fun to play, and won I think 6 or 10 in a row. If not more :)

Sure it is, but who didn't want to throw their pad towards the telly after conceding last minute goal from a guy who barely tried to play :)

I am one of the most calm and relaxed players around here, though, lost 549 games in fifa 19 ;)

Have I ever complained? :)

Good run now after fixing the broadband and getting Rui Costa and Futmas Balotelli. These are fun to play, and won I think 6 or 10 in a row. If not more :)

I have never even thought about chucking a joypad, never. If you have, not you in particular, then stop playing ffs. It, they are, only games :)

Sure you can buy a win, a draw or an extra match :)

On a serious note I must try online seasons, haven't played it in two years. Ultimate mode gets on my nerves sometimes.

Are most of those games played in fair play mode, or is it full of time wasting etc
    ?
    It's mostly fair play but you get the odd dick who time wastes, passes to his keeper for keepy-uppys etc.

It's fairer than FUT because you aren't getting matchmade against guys who have spent money to build an insane team.

Does anyone find that sometimes online games are pretty sluggish? Like players seem to be slower, passes are softer and require way more effort, it's as if the game is being played on grass that's way too long.

The game doesn't stutter, but I wonder is this some sort of lag? It happens from the very start of the game, it's not fatigue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭chris_ie

I had been playing the odd time online when I was on a fixed wireless connection. Had some good matches and others were just either laggy, stop/start, or had button delay, so I'd end up just switching it off. Got fiber to the home in there recently, ping of around 10ms and wired to the console. Matches were fine but recently again they've starting getting alot of button delay, like you mention players feel sluggish with a lot of stray passes. Some matches might start off fine then just go to crap, although the other player seems to be able to make passes etc fine. Out of about 8 matches last night, 1 was fine. Not sure if it was a massive coincidence I got opponents with poor connections or something else was up. Ping was fine during this time and speeds unaffected (300mb - not that speed matters that much).

Does ultimate team work differently to seasons? Seasons is p2p as far as I know (so pinging a few different servers wont catch all connection issues if there are any), is UT server based?

• Advertisement

Finally got to Division 1 seasons. :D

Advertisement