Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FRAGRANCE SPLITS - *SEPTEMBER 2022*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,526 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

beertons wrote: »
    Which bottle is which?

Also, if I buy any more nice smelly stuff, my woman will think I'm playing around.

It was on the packing tape! Aventus is the large cube, Orange the slender smaller bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

My Aventus arrived at work earlier on today. After I managed to unpack it (took a while, nicely done Pat! :) ), I have had a quiff sniff of it and it seems to be lovely. Looking forward to trying it properly though and seeing if it moulds well to me!

Also that Bergamote Soleil is absolutely lovely, will definitely be trying that one out to see if it suits also and if some should be ordered if and when you might do a split on it!

Thank you once again Pat, super stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Came home at lunch hoping to find a parcel waiting for me only to find everyone was out so I Missed the gls man :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭OldRio

Thanks Pat. All arrived fine. Great job.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭supue

Great job Pat - back to Aventus after a couple of months break and can actually smell it once more. I tried the Amouage last night on the way home from work - decided against trying it for work today as it's quite strong, however lovely scent once it settles.

I'll defo be on the lists for Thursday - anything I don't fancy I can just offload on my Dad as a gift :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Pat you're a legend aventus is just superb can't wait for the next splits. Arrived on time in mint order a credit to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,891 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

thanks again pat. much appreciated

New splits early lunchtime today unless I get caught up at work!

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭looperman1000

Hi Padraig Mor, please put me down for anything you offer. I will be back early lunchtime too. Definitely don't wanna miss out! Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Hi Padraig Mor , please add me me to Creed and Amouage Jubilation please.

Thank you.

• Advertisement

Hi Padraig Mor, please put me down for anything you offer. I will be back early lunchtime too. Definitely don't wanna miss out! Thanks!
    You'd be broke - I'm increasing the range to 15! Have a look and see what you fancy.

ciaran76 wrote: »
    Hi Padraig Mor , please add me me to Creed and Amouage Jubilation please.

Thank you.
    Hadn't planned on doing Jubilation this time - am doing two other Amouage, but could do Jubi again if there was sufficient interest. I'm doing 8 Creeds this time - all will be revealed at lunchtime!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭ciaran76

ok at Lunch I will give you a new order.
    Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

would like to get in on this if possible?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Vic Ferrari

Hi, I'd like to get on the list, thanks

Oh!! I thought it'd be one or two! :D
    Ill wait til you post up the list then and pick a couple :D

Cheers

Update 18/5/17 - new splits listed. Please post requests on this thread

New developments, info, etc:
    1. I hope to buy a labelling machine soon so you can expect bottles to be labelled from the next round of splits.
    2. Also moving to all glass decanting equipment soon as I'm unhappy with performance of some plasticware.
    3. Unhappy with empty bottle situation - I'm finding supply problematic, and I'm having to wash them when I get them. Am looking at moving to crimp - type bottles, but will require significant investment in a bottle crimping tool.
    4. Splits have already been opened to previous purchasers!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

New splits

Creed
    All Creeds €55 / 50ml

No need to rush - Creeds will remain 'perma-open' and I'll keep doing them as long as people want them! i.e. when one split fills, I'll open another flacon for ordering. Note all Creeds - especially Aventus - are subject to short delays in getting stock at the supplier.

AVENTUS
    nd.9828.jpg

The legend! No other niche fragrance has received a fraction of the attention as Creed’s pineapple / smoke concoction. If the tales are to be believed, one squirt of this will have women flocking to your bed and other men cowering before you! Can the reality match the vast hype? Of course not – but I have to say it is really nice. Long lasting too – a few squirts will do you for the whole day. So why doesn’t everyone rush to the shop to pick some up and then seduce some virgins? Because it costs so bloody much! The newly launched Aventus 50ml bottles retail at approximately €200 – but wouldn’t you rather forego the packaging and pay ~70% less instead?!

Flacon #4
    1. DuffleBag
    2. Cyal8r
    3. Supue
    4. Relikk
    5. statto25
    6. CastorTroy
    7. wetlandsboy
    8. deandean
    9. Knex
    10. ciaran76

Flacon #5
    1. sunny2004
    2. Cyrus
    3. JayReale
    4. Kaizersoze81
    5. Chester Copperpot
    6. looperman1000
    7. SalthillHead
    8. scurran19
    9. Padraig Mor
    10. RocketRaccoon

Flacon #6
    1. return guide
    2. Cabo
    3. Easy Rod
    4. kevmcdonnell
    5. Robson99
    6. TimeToShine
    7. stryker mcqueen
    8. Manzoor14
    9. 542779

.......................................................................................................................................

GREEN IRISH TWEED
    cregitm_aedp20-01__7.jpg
    Flacon #1
    1. s_carnage
    2. ike
    3. capefear
    4. Mitch Buchannon
    5. MickH503
    6. Rod Munch
    7. frag420
    8. Cyal8r
    9. Manzoor14
    10. Supue

Flacon #2
    1. stryker mcqueen
    2. Clonmel1000
    3. y0ssar1an22
    4. jpb1974
    5. dudeeile
    6. Relikk
    7. looperman1000
    8. Ch1co
    9. CastorTroy
    10. dar83

Flacon #3
    1. hollypink
    2. Bartyman
    3. Genius2013
    4. moby2101
    5. ciaran76
    6. Knex.
    7. SalthillHead
    8. Vic Ferrari
    9. cabo
    10. Manzoor14

.....................................................................................................................................

VIRGIN ISLAND WATER
    creed-millesime-virgin-island-water-edp-vapo-75ml.png
    Flacon #1
    1. Padraig Mor
    2. jpb1974
    3. quadrifoglio verde

.......................................................................................................................................

ROYAL OUD
    nd.12317.jpg
    Flacon #1
    1. Manzoor14
    2. looperman1000
    3. Manzoor14

......................................................................................................................................

ORIGINAL VETIVER
    creorbm_aedp10_01__2.jpg
    Flacon #1

........................................................................................................................................

SILVER MOUNTAIN WATER
    cresmwm_aedp20-01__7.jpg
    Flacon #1
    1. Mitch Buchannon
    2. Ch1co
    3. Genius2013

.........................................................................................................................................

HIMALAYA
    81yesxIAk5L._SY355_.jpg
    Flacon #1
    1. looperman1000
    2. looperman1000
    3. LesIsMore

.........................................................................................................................................

BOIS DU PORTUGAL
    o.3884.jpg
    Flacon #1

Amouage
    Amouage is a luxury perfume house established in 1983 by the Sultan of Oman, who hoped to revive and redefine the ancient Omani art of perfumery uses the traditional materials of Middle Eastern perfumery, such as frankincense and myrrh.
    All Amouage €24 / 10ml

INTERLUDE - this one divides opinions! Supposedly nuclear performance.
    nd.15294.jpg
    Bottle #1
    1. Padraig Mor
    2. dudeeile
    3. looperman1000
    4. LesIsMore
    5. JayReale
    6. Easy Rod
    7. wetlandsboy
    8. Padraig Mor #2

.............................................................................................................................................

MEMOIR - another opinion divider!
    nd.10145.jpg
    Bottle #1
    1. Padraig Mor

Hermes
    TERRE D’HERMES PARFUM (PURE PERFUME)
    €25 / 25ml
    This is one of THE best mass market designer men’s fragrances. If I had to have only one bottle of fragrance, it would be this. Why? It’s suitable for every occasion but still smells classy. The scent itself opens with a kind of grapefruit blast before settling down to a long lasting woody smell. A commentator I saw somewhere online put it best – this smells very ‘professional’ (even though I couldn’t really define what makes a fragrance smell professional!). I hummed and hawed about splitting this as it’s widely available but in the end decided to go with the highest concentration available – Parfum (AKA pure perfume – much stronger than the Eau de Toilette concentration this mostly sells in) so go easy on that trigger.

61yGqmGLSaL._SY355_.jpg
    Bottle #3
    1. UsedToWait
    2. D Hayes
    3. dar83
    4. deandean
    5. OldRio

Bottle #4
    1. Paully D
    2. Kaizersoze81
    3. Vic Ferrari
    4. quadrifoglio verde
    5. Cyrus

Bottle #3
    1. return guide
    2. Robson99

Atelier Cologne
    I've been working my way through the large number of offerings from Atelier Cologne so you don't have to! Many of their colognes are in a similar vein - light, fresh - but not all. These are some of the best (IMO):

BERGAMOTE SOLEIL - €27 / 25ml
    nd.35155.jpg
    Orange Sanguine is the one that gets all the attention, and you son't hear much of Bergamote Soleil. However, I very recently got a decant of this and was very pleasantly surprised - this is another citrus freshie but is better than Orange Sanguine IMHO. A long lasting smell of bergamot lemons - really very nice.
    Bottle #1
    1. martineatworld
    2. dar83
    3. dar83
    4. kevmcdonnell
    5. LesIsMore

..........................................................................................................................................

POIVRE ELECTRIQUE - €40 / 25ml
    o.37176.jpg
    I got a sample of this and was blown away. Very unlike most of their range, this is much 'darker' and more a nighttime fragrance with a blast of pepper and a long release of incense and wood. I get quite a Creed Spice and Wood vibe from it.
    Bottle #1
    1. Padraig Mor
    2. capefear
    3. Clonmel1000 moby2101
    4. UsedToWait
    5. stevveyg
    6. martineatworld
    7. y0ssar1an22
    8. LesIsMore

Bottle #2
    1. TimeToShine
    ..........................................................................................................................................

OUD SAPHIR - €40 / 25ml

nd.30817.jpg
    Another 'bad boy' from Atelier - this is a really nice, creamy leather fragrance; a bit more 'wearable' than Tuscan Leather.
    Bottle #1

SERGE LUTENS
    Chergui EAU DE PARFUM
    €26 / 10ml
    Frankly, I don't know much about this one other than it seems to be a very highly regarded sweet / amber / tobacco fragrance. Anyone fancy a punt?

CHERGUI
    nd.2762.jpg
    Bottle #1
    1. Padraig Mor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Relikk

Stick me down for some GIT and Aventus please, P. Thanks. :D

Is it just me, or is Boards acting up big time at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭statto25

Stick me down for Aventus please Padraig

Creed
    Green Irish Tweed
    Royal Oud
    Amouage Interlude

for me please Padraig Mor

• Advertisement

It is acting up!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Ch1co

Green Irish tweed please Padriag Mor

• Registered Users Posts: 15 LesIsMore

Please put me down for Poivre Electrique and Interlude.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 LesIsMore

Please put me down for Poivre Electrique and Interlude.

I'll keep on top of requests as far as I can for the next while, but am having serious trouble with the site! I'm also busy at work approx 2 - 4 but will be back after.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,778 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I think I'll join the consensus this time and could I be put down for
    Green Irish Tweed
    Aventus Creed

Please and thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Ch1co

Would also llike to get sliver mountain water as well. Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Creed
    Green Irish Tweed

For me please and thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

Think it would be a nice gift for my OH - please put me down for Green Irish Tweed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Bartyman

Hi Padriag Mor,

Could I have Green Irish tweed please ?

Many thanks

Advertisement