Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Greystones lost and found thread. [All Posts here]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,610 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

ah right...post edited since so?!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭NibNib

Hi all,

Lost my wallet on Friday 16th March, most likely in the carpark of Tesco Greystones. It is a white wallet with multi-colored pattern on it. I have all my cards, my driving license and over €50 in it.

Have tried Tesco and Greystone Garda Station but no joy. Really upset over this. Hope someone might have spotted it and sent me a PM.

Thanks x

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Weetraybake

Well that grey cat turned up on our door step in Charlesland Wood last night. Was very friendly but a little scared. We took him in for the night, fed him this morning and let him out for the day. I have rang Greystones Vet and the Wicklow SPCA. Lets see what comes back or if he comes back. The last I saw of him this morning was chasing another cat, so nothing wrong with his instincts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

He's outside ours now with food... Can't bring him in with our two and the neighbours' cats in here!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Weetraybake

If he is crying outside your house, send me a PM. Don't mind taking him into the hallway for the night as cold out there tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

I am pretty sure that I have seen that kitten playing outside this stretch of houses loads of times when walking back from the bus stop. The first time I saw him would have been close to 2 weeks ago, I reckon. Maybe it belongs to one of them?

Super friendly, just wants to play. Can normally been seen playing with leaves and rocks. Hope the owner is found, I'd be devastated losing a cat like him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭DK32

He's back at my place again tonight. Can't let him in so I just stayed outside with him for a while. Would love to keep him. Super friendly cat.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Any chance of a photo - I at least am still missing a cat from January - further back in the thread - tortoise shell with white markings.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

There are pics back on page 2 of the thread. You may not be able to see them if you are behind a work proxy as they linked in from Flickr.

EDIT; attached for those with no access to flickr

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 jedishelly

Came home about half 1 last night, and that grey cat was crying outside our house in Charlesland Wood. He was very hungry, so gave him some food and took him in. We can't keep him ourselves unfortunately. We've a cat and a dog of our own already, and I'm pregnant.

We're going to try and get a home for him over the next few days. If we can't, we'll try and get him into Sharpeshill. We've got cats from there in the past, and they take great care of them there. This little fellow is absolutely gorgeous, wish I could keep him myself!

Let him out for the day. Came back this evening for another feed but wasn't too interested in coming inside. Have given him a comfortable bed in the sheltered corner of the porch in case he comes back later. Hopefully have got someone sorted who's able to take him in permanently!

A happy ending to the saga of the grey cat, I hope. He came back to us in the Wood again this afternoon, so I brought him in. My friend has decided to adopt him and is bringing him in to the vet as I type! :)

She's going to keep him in for a while to get used to his new home. I'm sure they'll be very happy together!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭zerohamster

Im glad he found a happy ending!
    I fed him earlier in the afternoon and stayed out with him for a while.
    I'm not allowed pets in my house so I couldn't adopt him as badly as I wanted to find a way.
    We had called him Whisper as his name despite his vocal nature haha :rolleyes:
    Hope he has a long happy life in his new home :D

On another note, someone left a bit of money shopping today at about ~7-7.20 and I handed it over to one of the shop assistants.
    If you lost money then you probably know what shop you were in and how much so I won't mention the shop name in case someone else pops in and claims it.

In case the shop assistant pocketed the money when I left you can say for sure that you know if was handed in and not to take any excuse. (hopefully the said assistant's morals would mean that didn't happen but just in case).

PM me what shop you were in if you lost money to be sure if this applies to you so you don't accuse someone wrongly as Im sure mulitple people could have lost money.
    I'd rather not be to blame for someone making an ass out of themselves.

Did the grey cat get adopted by the friend? Saw him just there at my house in Charlesland Wood sitting at the door but no collar?

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Jazbee

Hi, I found an iPhone in greystones today around 2.30pm. It has been handed into the Garda station there as we don't live in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Palmtree

Hello,
    I live in the park near the crescent and since Monday I have a ginger and white cat that is at my door trying to come in. My husband and daughter are allergic to cats so I cannot let the cat in . I am very worried as the weather is terrible at the moment but still the cat is there at 6.30 in the morning and comes and goes through out the day. Does anyone know does the cat belong to anyone? Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭audreyp

Do you have a pic? I have a ginger cat but he is an indoors one (not allowed outside) but my neighbour has one too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Palmtree

Hi, I am at work will put a pic up tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

We saw him the other day trying to follow us into the crescent, I think hes a collar on and has a funny mark on his nose that looks like a cut or scratch but it's not

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭hamstervision

jedishelly wrote: »
    A happy ending to the saga of the grey cat, I hope. He came back to us in the Wood again this afternoon, so I brought him in. My friend has decided to adopt him and is bringing him in to the vet as I type! :)

She's going to keep him in for a while to get used to his new home. I'm sure they'll be very happy together!

We had this little guy at our front door this morning. I went out to the bins and he tried to come in. We're in Charlesland Wood. We brought him through the house and left him out on the garden side where it's safer with some food. We couldn't leave him in our house as our 3 cats wouldn't have been too welcoming.

Lovely cat - hopefully just was out for the night?

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

We had this little guy at our front door this morning. I went out to the bins and he tried to come in. We're in Charlesland Wood. We brought him through the house and left him out on the garden side where it's safer with some food. We couldn't leave him in our house as our 3 cats wouldn't have been too welcoming.

Lovely cat - hopefully just was out for the night?

Its been sitting by our front door last two nights. Comes running over whenever we come near the door. Cant let it in as we have house rabbit white might not get on with a cat. Very nice looking cat, anyone claimed it yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Jimjay wrote: »
    Its been sitting by our front door last two nights. Comes running over whenever we come near the door. Cant let it in as we have house rabbit white might not get on with a cat. Very nice looking cat, anyone claimed it yet?
    Why not, cats love rabbits

6925391026_49c5ca565d.jpg
    sheba by pixbyjohn, on Flickr
    lol

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    Why not, cats love rabbits

6925391026_49c5ca565d.jpg
    sheba by pixbyjohn, on Flickr
    lol

I was thinking the rabbit would eat the cat :-)

Just wondering if anyone has brought the cat to the vet to be scanned?
    Chances are it may have a chip identifying who the owner is.
    We still hope that our cat missing since January gets scanned somewhere at somepoint so we can get her home.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭audreyp

We would have brought him in yesterday but it was before work and the vet doesn't open till 8:30 and we couldn't let him into our house cause of our many many cats.
    If we see him around this weekend or after work we will drop him up to Alan to Blacklion to see if he recognises him or if he has a chip.

Hope your cat shows up, very sad losing a pet.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Oldlegs

Sorry for ruining the flow of the Thread - but this post is NOT about a Grey Cat :-)

Purple/Pink Ladies Glasses found kerbside Saturday afternoon (Apr 14th) outside Hungry Monk.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭dudmis

Found on Tue Apr 17th, a male white - ginger collie - huskie - lurcher dog, under 2 years old. He is not neutered. No picture provided.

(Source: http://www.lostandfoundpets.ie/rk8upm)

• Advertisement

Taltos wrote: »
    Small female cat lost Delgany near Kindlestown Wood.
    Not collared but is chipped. Will respond to the name of Selma, most likely by rolling onto her back and chirping like a bird.
    While she is 3 yrs old now she still looks and behaves very much like a kitten.

Tortoise in colour with white chest and white paws.

SillySelma-1.jpg

Just bumping this in case she has turned up somewhere.
    Missing now 3 months.

SelmaCol.jpg

Advertisement