Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,414 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Urgh Puyol,, and not even moments one.
    Young fella is happy though. Same country as PIM Raul so at least one of us is smiling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Moments Schweinsteiger. Not the worst!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Blazer wrote: »
    Urgh Puyol,, and not even moments one.
    Young fella is happy though. Same country as PIM Raul so at least one of us is smiling.

Same as this. Couldn't be much worse.

Have my club rinsed now, just over 100 players and 2000 coins. Didn't even play past 11 wins at the weekend as I couldnt have been bothered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Just saw that I sold a Hungarian 75 rated LB from CSL for 6k - I presume someone was desperate to complete that league SBC?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Boulders8 wrote: »
    Just saw that I sold a Hungarian 75 rated LB from CSL for 6k - I presume someone was desperate to complete that league SBC?

Hungry, North Macedonia and Finland were the most expensive for me. The former two only need 5 players but all the players are minimum 6k now. Finland was a bitch cause it needed 11 though :(

150k profit overall though on my first run through, mainly thanks to De Ligt.

• Advertisement

Realized I have 3 days left to do the last 2 icon swap tokens I need, so running some squad battles in the background while working this morning

Upside, loads of cool new SBCs to plough through simultaniously.

That Eriksen card looks pretty cool as well. Even if they don't get the upgrade, it's a nice gesture to make it available for relatively easy requirements. (EDIT: Hang on, did it release before the incident? Its just a coincidence?)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Realized I have 3 days left to do the last 2 icon swap tokens I need, so running some squad battles in the background while working this morning

Upside, loads of cool new SBCs to plough through simultaniously.

That Eriksen card looks pretty cool as well. Even if they don't get the upgrade, it's a nice gesture to make it available for relatively easy requirements. (EDIT: Hang on, did it release before the incident? Its just a coincidence?)

Yeah it released on Friday so just a mad coincidence. Was wondering were they just going to give it to everyone for free given what happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Finished the europe SBC, opened the ultimate pack and got Szcezny and Donarumma. Will open the rest later, hopefully will give a better return then that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

They’ve added 3 new Swedish players, a 92 Eliason, 93 forsberg and a 94 lindelof

Really cool idea. Great that you can do all 3 too and not have to pick only 1.

Great to see new players being given big upgrades

Coming in around 350k for all 3

• Registered Users Posts: 17,414 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Did the 85+,
    Had a choice of Thiago Silva, Neymar , De Bruyne and FoF Hazard..obviously went for him since Neymar is only 70k now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Lindelof looks like the best CB in the game, nice addition to the Utd team :D

Got 88 Kimmich from my player pick… not too bad.. all untradeable fodder anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

That Lindelof card looks mad and for only a 86 rated squad

Hopefully we see more nations over the next week or two

Omg Lindelof, I’m so happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Do ye not think the content is a to little, to late?

The game is practically dead, and is probably going to go down as the worst FIFA so far.
    They've been better with content this year, it's the only.tging keeping.kost playing as the game itself is absolute awful.

I really hope the new pes engine is a success and we might finally.get a decent football game.

Might run this for some fun this weekend...

Nuqi74M.png?1

RossieMan wrote: »

The game is practically dead, and is probably going to go down as the worst FIFA so far.
    They've been better with content this year, it's the only.tging keeping.kost playing as the game itself is absolute awful.

I really hope the new pes engine is a success and we might finally.get a decent football game.

Wasnt aware PES was getting a new engine.

I had tried the last few and they weren't bad but just lacking somewhat.

This FIFA engine is really poor for 2021.

Its effectively attackers against defenders, like the training drill you do where theres two boxes and three teams play possession and the team without the ball works between the boxes to win it.
    Often in games one pass from your/their 1/3 and its 3v3, midfield is just bypassed with 40 yard passes.

I'd like to actually play a game again where you could really pin some down with good play and passing that was accurate.

EA cant provide it with this engine so itll be much of the same next year unless they announce something major.

Just another thing to go back on two previous points people made on here.

The max level in objectives is NOT easy to achieve.

Last season was my first full one and I was maybe two levels off the max.
    I was getting all the objective cards, playing 30 WL, some Rivals, only maybe 1 SP.

So thought maybe it was random.

Same again this month, theres only days to go and I've two levels to go.
    I'm on this a fair bit so wouldn't consider it a gimme to get it for average playtime. It seems to take hardcore levels or else the Squad Battles count for a lot and I dont do them.

Second point was someone said headers were O/P since the update.

I barely scored any over the last week, never mind hit more crosses so you were just seriously unlucky as I have Lewandowski and Volland so they ain't 5'5 players either.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I was getting all the objective cards, playing 30 WL, some Rivals, only maybe 1 SP.

I'm on this a fair bit so wouldn't consider it a gimme to get it for average playtime. It seems to take hardcore levels or else the Squad Battles count for a lot and I dont do them.

I barely scored any over the last week, never mind hit more crosses so you were just seriously unlucky as I have Lewandowski and Volland so they ain't 5'5 players either.

I must play this game too much, I got the level 30 objective player two weeks ago.

Got Lewa from my 85+ PP decent 91 fodder.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

This weekend league just gone I came up against like 5 opponents who spammed crosses in to their big guy up top most of the game.

Another thing I noticed was lads using the offside trap a lot more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

RossieMan wrote: »

I find it very hard to think what they can do , skills are too op and autublocking but if they weren't it would be damn near impossible to score and defend respectively. If midfielders actively came back to defend to it would make it very hard to break down too and I don't think people want more 1-0 games .. it's very hard to make a game that is both enjoyable and competitive

Can't agree there, Level 30 of Objectives is dead handy. As long as you do you the Bronze, Silver and Gold every week you will get there easy with all the other stuff that will fall in like Objective Players etc. I tend to have them all done with two weeks to go without really putting too much focus on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,954 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Mr Moon wrote: »
    I must play this game too much, I got the level 30 objective player two weeks ago.

Got Lewa from my 85+ PP decent 91 fodder.

Yes, You play too much, in a couple of years You'll catch yourself on and realise what the game is.

EA Sports ..... screw the customer lol

Frisbee wrote: »
    Can't agree there, Level 30 of Objectives is dead handy. As long as you do you the Bronze, Silver and Gold every week you will get there easy with all the other stuff that will fall in like Objective Players etc. I tend to have them all done with two weeks to go without really putting too much focus on it.

Agree with this. My first time getting to lvl 30 and I was surprised at how easy it is… did all of the bronze, silver, gold barring one gold objective two weeks ago that was mental (something like volley with a Dutch player and score with a German in one rivals game etc etc.) and hit lvl 30 early last week. Didn’t take long at all, and I didn’t do many objective players.

Anyone else got peeved off with this 'initialising' craic when matchmaking? Dang it annoys me so! :(

15 defeats later, still only a game, messaged every one saying gg .... Nobody scored 10 against me though, a couple of nines though :)

Calvin wrote: »
    Agree with this. My first time getting to lvl 30 and I was surprised at how easy it is… did all of the bronze, silver, gold barring one gold objective two weeks ago that was mental (something like volley with a Dutch player and score with a German in one rivals game etc etc.) and hit lvl 30 early last week. Didn’t take long at all, and I didn’t do many objective players.

I skipped that entire week of Gold Objectives bar the 3.5k Rival points as it was just not worth the hassle.

Frisbee wrote: »
    I skipped that entire week of Gold Objectives bar the 3.5k Rival points as it was just not worth the hassle.

I did the squad battles one alright as I had it paired with silver beasts, so was easy enough but skipped the rivals ones… they were ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Done 29 player picks.
    Golovin fof 90 rated
    5 88s a handful of each 87,86,85,84 and majority 82 remainder

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Done 29 player picks.
    Golovin fof 90 rated
    5 88s a handful of each 87,86,85,84 and majority 82 remainder

Done 22 myself - 12 of the 81+ and 10 of the 82-88 ones which initially I ignored as didn’t realise they were player picks.

From the 81+ got 82x1, 83x4, 84x1, 85x3 and 87x2

The 82-88 gave 82x2, 83x3, 84x1, 85x2 and 86x2

Also got 88 Kane from the 85+ player pick. Not a FoF in sight but did give me enough fodder to finish Gimenez and complete Lindelorf

Advertisement