Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UFC 263: Adesanya vs. Vettori 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭PatrickDoherty

50-45, completely different levels, good athlete vettori but no brain.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Decision ain't too straight forward,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Adesanya just a completely different level of fighter as everyone knew.

Christ he's an unlikeable twat though. Vettori shrugged off a really bad eye poke and and an awful kick in the balls and Izzy's clowning around and mocking him. More he's talking about "showing respect".

• Registered Users Posts: 19,147 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Scorecards don't really tell the story.

Pretty bad fight.

Christ he's an unlikeable twat though.

Agreed. Can't take to him at all. Touch of the Jon Joneses off him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭PatrickDoherty

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Scorecards don't really tell the story.

Pardon me, at what point was that any way competitive?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

The Italians will be doing some gesticulating after staying up to watch that.

You wouldn't think Vettori was fighting for a title.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I missed the first round but can't disagree with the scores there. Vittori kept giving him enough space to pick his shots, mindless stuff. Issy could have kept at that knee and finished it I reckon.

Yeah still not a likable sort but I doubt he cares.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Marvin got one meaningful takedown and a couple of jabs throughout the fight.
    Easy nights work for Izzy, maybe 49-46 at a stretch but scorecards correct for me. Love watching him fight but hate the childish antics and showboating he does.

Pardon me, at what point was that any way competitive?

50-45 would indicate total domination if you weren't watching the fight.

This wasn't total domination. Izzy won the rounds but it wasn't a one sided beat down by any means

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

I thought it was an interesting enough fight Izzy keeping the pressure. As to the showboating, it's clear if Adesanya gets respect he shows respect but if his opponent acts like a high school bully he gets triggered.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

50-45 would indicate total domination if you weren't watching the fight.

This wasn't total domination. Izzy won the rounds but it wasn't a one sided beat down by any means

If Izzy won the rounds, then 50-45 is the only possible score you can give that fight. There were no 10-8 rounds, no point deductions etc. 10-9 x 5 is 50-45.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Definitely Izzys fight
    Thought the score card was harsh though

If Izzy won the rounds, then 50-45 is the only possible score you can give that fight. There were no 10-8 rounds, no point deductions etc. 10-9 x 5 is 50-45.

I'm not arguing with the score.

I'm saying the score doesn't really tell the story of the fight. He wasn't THAT dominant.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,490 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Izzy just does what's necessary to get his hand raised unless he feels like he has a point to prove, a bit like Usman.
    He's not going to entertain much anymore.
    Anyways Moreno was the star of the show, delighted for him. Major kudos to Figueiredo too for how he handled the loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,344 ✭✭✭Homelander

I didn't particularly care who won between Leon and Nate though like a lot of other people I was staring in a mix of disbelief and anger as he started showboating and clowning around when Leon was on the ropes. That has to be the stupidest thing I've seen in a card in a long time.

Enjoyed the card. Title fight was pretty awful. I don't know how someone here was giving multiple rounds to Marvin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,500 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Interesting that Belal Muhammad didn't get a post-fight interview. People saying that they saw Dana White taking a call in the final round and speculating it was from Ari Emanuel. They probably saw him pounding on his Palestinian flag before the fight and weren't taking any chances.

Diaz is gas. He gets his ass kicked for 24 minutes but then pulls out one big moment right at the end to save the brand. If McGregor loses next month they may as well go ahead and make that trilogy. It'd be the only thing that would make sense for both of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,813 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

wonder what nates issue was there anyway that he didn't go swinging for Leon

is it possible that his tank was just empty and that was all that was left or just a poor fight IQ?

There's a time to showboat but that was ridiculous

I mean usman will be knocking out Leon should they ever meet and I'd imagine like one of the commentators said that last minute might well have cost Leon a title shot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

mailburner wrote: »
    wonder what nates issue was there anyway that he didn't go swinging for Leon

is it possible that his tank was just empty and that was all that was left or just a poor fight IQ?

There's a time to showboat but that was ridiculous

I mean usman will be knocking out Leon should they ever meet and I'd imagine like one of the commentators said that last minute might well have cost Leon a title shot
    Diaz is absolutely brain damaged he can't even speak!

• Registered Users Posts: 54,579 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I must have watched different end to Diaz fight..

He tried to close the show with a minute to go. He couldn’t get the job done..

• Advertisement

Eoinbmw wrote: »
    Diaz is absolutely brain damaged he can't even speak!

He's always spoken a bit funny, I think he just has a speech impediment.

cloudatlas wrote:
    He's always spoken a bit funny, I think he just has a speech impediment.
    Or smoking weed his whole life has had an affect.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Or smoking weed his whole life has had an affect.

Yeah, must be the aul Reefer Madness!

Yeah, must be the aul Reefer Madness!

I mean smoking can affect your voice but it doesn't mean he has brain damage. In fact I felt he was the person who gave Conor the best replies in a press conference.

cloudatlas wrote: »
    I mean smoking can affect your voice but it doesn't mean he has brain damage. In fact I felt he was the person who gave Conor the best replies in a press conference.

Nah, it's definitely the reefer madness!

Nah, it's definitely the reefer madness.
    I presume you seen this.

I presume you seen this.

Yes.

Clear evidence that smoking weed has caused Nate Diaz to talk in an unusual way. Damn that marijuana! How many more lives must it take before it's made illegal?

MrStuffins wrote:
    Clear evidence that smoking weed has caused Nate Diaz to talk in an unusual way. Damn that marijuana! How many more lives must it take before it's made illegal?
    Are you making an assumption that I'm against weed now?
    Constant use does affect a person though.

Are you making an assumption that I'm against weed now?
    Constant use does affect a person though.

He's always spoken like that https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7tbUy6rWHM

Unless he started smoking a load of weed during the developmental period of his brain. Idk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭eddie73

Yes.

He has taken a lot of hits to the head too. More than average. Don't rule this out.

Advertisement