Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comfortable underwear

• 27-05-2021 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭

I usually wear Calvin Klein trunks for comfort as they don't have a pee hole or seam between the legs.

I have a cyst on my left testicle and sometimes the left cord feels enlarged, so sometimes I get aches down there. Also my balls often feel warm.

I'm looking for supportive underwear that might also take the heat away.

Does anyone have a similar issue(s)? Any recommendations for supportive and cooling underwear?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

I bought bamboo underwear, primarily for hiking (wicks, keeps you cool and dry), but find myself wearing them more day to day.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,177 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Lycra shorts..
    So comfy, and not too warm...

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭mr.anonymous

I've ordered a pair of bamboo boxers from BAM in the UK got try them.

Do you think briefs would be better again?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Briefs all the way for me - great support of my “low hangers” very comfortable and none of the creasing/scrunching up/complete lack of support from boxers.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Grey Fox

I guess cotton is usually a good option if you want to keep things cool down there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭targus

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭into_the_wild

Try SAXX. Been using them for years and never looked at any other brand ever since

• Registered Users Posts: 16,340 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Stick with the underwear you like and add a jockstrap.
    I've a similar issue and find the jockstrap gives far better support and relief than any of the other alternatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Fils

I got bespoke underwear made for myself, have a very, ah… front-oriented bollocks. My weiner is even worse, hanging very far forward in an elephant's trunk kind of arc.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,694 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

French connection / FCUK boxers... getting those for ages...got a 5 pack for 40 euros there a while back, comfy and long lasting...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Skuxx

I've never worn anything that beats Lululemon in terms of comfort and quality.
    They are pricey no doubt but if you can catch them in a sale then I'd definitely recommend!!

https://www.eu.lululemon.com/en-lu/c/mens/bottoms/underwear?sz=24

I've ordered a pair of bamboo boxers from BAM in the UK got try them.

I have these and a pair of Saxx on the way. I'll let you know the verdict :)

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Ruggabugga101

Am a briefs man - have low hangers and these ones have been my preferred brand for 3-4 years now. They do boxer briefs if that's your thing and also ladies, kids and other stuff.

UK based but ok to order here, is for a UK cancer charity but saw online they now have an Irish ambassador so maybe they'll select a charity here soon.

Anyway, they are the business and are cotton.

https://www.myoddballs.com/

Edit: Saax are sold in Elverys too.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭ClosedAccountFuzzy

I usually buy more expensive underwear, but decided to give Next a try online and bought some hipsters.

They are abysmal! There are lines of stitching on the inside. First and last time I buy those. You get what you pay for, in this case anyway.

Saxx's Vibe boxers were great. Comfortable, supportive Ballpark Pouch stops you sitting on the lads, breathable cooling fabric. Little bit of ride up on the legs but ok. Also found I could sleep in them (instead of switching to loose fitting pj shorts). €28 from surfdome.ie. Ordering direct from Saxx in the USA seems to incur an import charge. Surfdome and Elverys seem to have a limited selection. Saxx don't just do a basic white though.

BAM bamboo boxers. €21 + €5 p&p from their website, UK based. Comfortable and breathable, the bamboo viscose is cooling. But minimal support for your balls, not like the Saxx at all. Seems to be sustainable and responsibly sourced if you're in to that.

I think I'll be ordering more Saxx. I'll try briefs at some point too.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭into_the_wild

Saxx's Vibe boxers were great. Comfortable, supportive Ballpark Pouch stops you sitting on the lads, breathable cooling fabric. Little bit of ride up on the legs but ok. Also found I could sleep in them (instead of switching to loose fitting pj shorts). €28 from surfdome.ie. Ordering direct from Saxx in the USA seems to incur an import charge. Surfdome and Elverys seem to have a limited selection. Saxx don't just do a basic white though.

BAM bamboo boxers. €21 + €5 p&p from their website, UK based. Comfortable and breathable, the bamboo viscose is cooling. But minimal support for your balls, not like the Saxx at all. Seems to be sustainable and responsibly sourced if you're in to that.

I think I'll be ordering more Saxx. I'll try briefs at some point too.

Great outdoors store, Dame street sells them too by the way

Advertisement