Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mute thréad for all views to improve discovery

• 16-04-2021 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭

At least on mobile, when I visit the site I see the same threads constantly. Half of them i would never read due to lack of interest in those topics.

I would love to be able to mute them and never see them again in any view except my profile where I could unmute. Then the space could be taken up by threads that rank lower but are of more interest to me.

Thanks for reading.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,156 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

You already have the ability to follow specific threads and specific forums. Does this not deliver what you are looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,540 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

I think what they're looking for is that, for example, they could click/tap on some kind of 'delete' or 'minus' icon beside a thread title in, say, the soccer forum, and that thread would disappear from the list of threads they are looking at.

So somebody who has no interest in any of the EPL club superthreads could curate the forum so that they would never even see the links to those threads within the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Beasty wrote: »
    You already have the ability to follow specific threads and specific forums. Does this not deliver what you are looking for?

I think OP wants to be able to discover new threads in addition to their followed threads. They're looking at the page which shows the threads with the most recent posts. If there's a thread they're not interested in that's constantly appearing beacuse it's a busy thread, it's taking up a slot that would otherwise show them a different thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭TenLeftFingers

Beasty wrote: »

It doesn't aid discovery of new threads, nó. That would help track existing threads, but thats not my issue here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭shtpEdthePlum

Mod note - you need to be a member for 3 months before you can post in Feedback.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,540 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Any follow-up on this at all, a month later?

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Not at the moment osarusan, our time has been taken up with some new things we've been working on and which we will post about in the next few days. Possibly it's a feature we can look at in the future if enough people want it.

Advertisement