Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

ACCA questions!

Options
  • 21-05-2021 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭

...Hi all, hoping someone can help with some questions I have for ACCA... I've decided to go back and finish my exams, as I have 11 of the 14 done... Just wondering the following...
    1. I have 1 of the compulsory and 2 of the optional exams to do, and am not sure if I can attempt one of the optional before doing the compulsory one.

2. I had completed P1 and P3 which is now just one- but the expiry date of this is June 22- I am wondering has anyone been in a position where they had an exam expiring, and if there could be leeway... Any chance of me doing an exam in the last 12 months was taken away due to covid (i'm not sure if they took place but i know any class studying was not possible)

...TIA to anyone that can help answer- feels a bit odd deciding to go back and finish them after a good few years away...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

You're probably better off asking ACCA directly.

https://www.accaglobal.com/uk/en/footer-toolbar/contact-us/global-offices.html#Ireland

I know in general they want exams to be sat in order..... Knowledge > Skills > Strategic Professional. I'm not sure about your query specifically about Strategic & Options papers.

https://www.accaglobal.com/lk/en/student/exam-entry-and-administration/enter-an-exam/exam-progression-rules.html

There is an option to pay for an earlier exam at the same time you want to sit a later one. So for example, if you hadn't done F9 but wanted to do SBR you could enter for both in one sitting and only attempt the SBR paper.

Good luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

The Essentials and Options are considered one Module: Strategic, and ACCA say they allow you to order your preference within each Module, so they should let you do Options before SBR / SBL unless there are some obscure caveats...

On time limits. P1/3 had to both be passed by June 2018, so I don't know how much leeway there will be three years on, but all you can do is ask. Lots of tuition providers were doing online lectures, so I expect you will need a good case as to why you could not avail of that if the Covid/classes explanation is what you use in your request. I also assume you have checked you can finish within the overall time limits regardless of whether SBL has to be sat?

Advertisement