Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travelling to America for a UFC Event - Advice, Tips, Costs etc

1121314151618»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 ShaneSweeney

Anyone thinking of heading to MSG for UFC 244 this year?
    Fairly stacked card so far and looking like they’ll keep bulking up the main and prelims

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Dollar rate making this more expensive that is was years ago to head however some very nice fights on that card would be some craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 ShaneSweeney

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Dollar rate making this more expensive that is was years ago to head however some very nice fights on that card would be some craic.

Yeah, dollar not half as sweet as it used to be. In NYC that weekend so going to head to it once tickets are got next week hopefully. A cracking card so hopefully a sell out and there should be a buzz. Always nice to meet a few Irish over

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭dashoonage

I see plenty of tickets floating around the presales for 244. My usual section is 231 dollars , i think i paid 580 dollars for the mcgregor card and 390 for the gsp card for the same section. 231 is chape for the msg...there are tickets for 181 dollars as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Burkie7

Does anyone know when they announce the venues for UFC events for next year? Planning on heading over to Vegas for the first time to watch one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,839 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Burkie7 wrote: »
    Does anyone know when they announce the venues for UFC events for next year? Planning on heading over to Vegas for the first time to watch one

There international fight week event falls on the saturday of the first full week of July every year. Calendar says 11th July for 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Burkie7

rob316 wrote: »
    There international fight week event falls on the saturday of the first full week of July every year. Calendar says 11th July for 2020.

Cheers mate that's a great shout. Is it always on the first full week yes? It makes sense but it would kill me if they done it the week before ha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Cheers mate that's a great shout. Is it always on the first full week yes? It makes sense but it would kill me if they done it the week before ha

Usually but it would be insane to book anything this far out. I remember UFC 189 had its date confirmed in January of that year, and even that was quite far out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

If you can spare the few quid, book a few rooms for each weekend. It'll cost you the first night as a deposit, but it's fully refundable.

When I did UFC 100 it saved me plenty. I made 4 bookings. 2 each for the Mandalay Bay and the MGM for each of the 2 possible weeks it could be.

When the date and venue was confirmed I cancelled the 3 I no longer needed and got my deposits back. I think I actually made a few quid profit as the exchange rate had changed to my benefit.

The prices for my dates and venue all bumped up once the event was confirmed so I got a great deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

I’m planning on going over for international fight week next year as well.

Been to the last Dublin card and have been to Vegas once before but going to a big card over there has been on my list for a long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Fight week is brilliant, see so many fighters in expo and in hotel lobbies and the fight shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fitzparker

I would urge anyone heading to vegas to just book the cheaper hotels on the strip (luxor,excalibur) still only a 10 min walk from MGM.

im just back from my 4th time there (haven't been for a UFC event) but stayed in the excalibur for the second time, you only sleep in it and only 5 mins to MGM, luxor a little longer

i wouldnt stay anywhere different, rooms are perfect and clean.

even the likes of hooters (now OVO) 10 mins
    tropicana (10 mins)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

fitzparker wrote: »
    I would urge anyone heading to vegas to just book the cheaper hotels on the strip (luxor,excalibur) still only a 10 min walk from MGM.

im just back from my 4th time there (haven't been for a UFC event) but stayed in the excalibur for the second time, you only sleep in it and only 5 mins to MGM, luxor a little longer

i wouldnt stay anywhere different, rooms are perfect and clean.

even the likes of hooters (now OVO) 10 mins
    tropicana (10 mins)

Tropicana was done up relatively recently I think? Park MGM (formerly Monte Carlo) is worth checking, might be 10/15 more a night but should be a nice step up.

If you're only there for the fight and piss up, cheap and cheerful all the way, if you're doing a bit longer and 'doing vegas', it's one of the cheapest places to get really good 4* and some 5* hotels.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Park MGM was renovated when it changed from the Monte Carlo but the rooms look pretty drab. I was in Vegas last May, stayed in 3 separate hotels over 9 nights. I checked out the Park but didn't like the look of it. Ended up in the Luxor, Ballys and Vdara.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Park MGM was renovated when it changed from the Monte Carlo but the rooms look pretty drab. I was in Vegas last May, stayed in 3 separate hotels over 9 nights. I checked out the Park but didn't like the look of it. Ended up in the Luxor, Ballys and Vdara.

Ah really? I did the Monte Carlo in a normal room about 7 years ago because it was super cheap, and then in a suite 3/4 years ago, and it was definitely tired, I assumed with the revamp they would have made it nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Anyone with fight club membership going to be going 281 in msg? Tickets on sale tomorrow and I'm looking for anyone that could purchase one on my behalf

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Any luck with this? I haven't had a FC membership since 2016 but hoping to grab tickets in the General Sale tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Beersmith

No but actually I didn't bother as the prices are insane. Cheapest tickets around 600e

Advertisement