Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Feedback for Parenting (inc sub-fora)

• 03-02-2018 3:12pm
    Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello folks

If you are an After Hours frequenter, you might have seen a sitewide feedback thread recently. One of the many great points raised were that individual fora could benefit from feedback threads locally.

So, we'd like your views. What you like about the forum (and maybe where we can build on that) what you don't like and how we can fix those bits, and just general ideas and suggestions that you feel could make this a better forum.

To keep all the information together, this feedback thread will cover all the sub fora too - but just mention which forum your feedback relates to - abbreviations such as TTC, ASD N&T, Preg are fine for this thread.

Looking forward to hearing your suggestions!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Parenting.

I feel people who just browse here sporadically, tend to rush in and comment very harshly against single/separated fathers too much. Not sure if there's much that can be done on it, but I find that a bit off putting.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Do you think that a dedicated fathers chat thread would help encourage separated /single dads to post more, or would that have the effect of single dads feeling more marginalised?

I'd be unimpressed by generalisations made against single parents, so as a mod, I'd act on it if I saw a reported post.

I know there was a forum request for a single parents forum a while back but it didn't get the numbers required and there was a chat thread, but it didn't get many posters at all which is a shame.

Advertisement