Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Budgeting for a Home of Building Home

• 14-06-2021 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭

Could anyone point me in the right direction as to whats involved in building a home. The plan is to build a timber frame home from -mod snip timber cabin typical site-. We have a site. I'm trying to put together a budget & in my head I'll have to budget for the following:
    - Planning
    - Percolation Testing
    - Engineers Fees
    - Foundation
    - -snip- fee
    - Electrical wiring
    - Plumbing
    - ESB connection
    - Landscaping which would involve mainly my time

What am I missing.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

the supplier won’t be able to comply with building regulations, I’d advise caution.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Could anyone point me in the right direction as to whats involved in building a home. The plan is to build a timber frame home from -mod snip timber cabin typical site-. We have a site. I'm trying to put together a budget & in my head I'll have to budget for the following:
    - Planning
    - Percolation Testing
    - Engineers Fees
    - Foundation
    - -snip- fee
    - Electrical wiring
    - Plumbing
    - ESB connection

What am I missing.

Budget substantially to bring the shed up to house standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

Have you got planning? Is this a single storey garden shed you're looking to live in or a proper two storey timber frame house?

- Planning
    - Percolation Testing
    - Engineers Fees
    - Foundation
    - -snip- fee
    - Electrical wiring
    - Plumbing
    - ESB connection

What am I missing.

Solicitors' fees
    Road opening/Irish Water connection if to mains, drilling well if not.
    Septic tank/treatment unit
    Floors
    Tiling
    Kitchen

Advertisement