Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I am the Necrus - Walrus Reveal Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Holding on to the lead this early in the game is much harder than making a comeback towards the end...

giphy.gif

I hear ya, there are 10 rounds in this one, thats like what...2 nights?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

ONE MORE ROUND

ONE MORE ROUND

ONE MORE ROUND

• Registered Users Posts: 14,820 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

LeVar and Aris 1st and 2nd...

giphy.gif

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Fcuk it.

ONE MORE ROUND it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

ShaneU wrote: »

You're up there fairly close to us too though. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

This round was a spur of the moment idea that I decided had to be included. Trouble was I already had 9 categories – and hence the 10 category Walrus was born :P

It’s also the first category where we have duplicate entries – 2 in fact! A sample of a few songs I was thinking of when I came up with this:

Format here: Bottom track scores 3 points as we have 2 dupe entries. I’ll reveal 19th to 4th as per usual…. Let the top/bottom crew sweat it out – will a dupe feature in either top or bottom pile???

In 19th Place, scoring 6 points:

Deja Boo

Pink - Me & Bobby Magee

We’ll have to wait for another Walrus for Pink to do well folks. This one just doesn’t resonate with me, and while I like Pink’s more upbeat stuff and absolutely loved her live… well here we are with this track.

6 points is generous :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

giphy.gif

Not to worry Shane, many of my choices are off the beaten track, so I don't think I will stay long up high.
    Round 3 will probably be the start, I picked a song that is rather low tempo and I don't think it fits Necro's style.

• Advertisement

In 18th Place with 7 points:

LeVar

Linkin Park - She Couldn't

It’s another case of love the band, not a fan of the track here unfortunately as the Walrus Wizard doesn’t manage to weave his magic in this round. I take it this is stuff recorded in their early days and released after Chester’s death? Yeah, just did nothing for me sorry to say.

Boo, you suck Necro!!!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Necro wrote: »
    In 18th Place with 7 points:

LeVar

Linkin Park - She Couldn't

It’s another case of love the band, not a fan of the track here unfortunately as the Walrus Wizard doesn’t manage to weave his magic in this round. I take it this is stuff recorded in their early days and released after Chester’s death? Yeah, just did nothing for me sorry to say.

Ohh that's interesting.. opens it up a bit

In 17th place with 8 points:
    ShaneU
    Queens of the Stone Age - Outlaw Blues

Strange that this ends up so low as I am typically a QOTSA fan – let’s blame Bob Dylan for that :P Again I just didn’t get anything from this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭Reberetta

A CONFESSION

Yours truly, Reberetta, forgot that the 21st century began on Jan 1st 2001, and submitted a song which was released Sept. 2000. I apologise in advance and hope we can look past this technicality when it receives maximum points due to its inevitable finish in first position.

If it finishes last however, I think we should re-evaluate this error, and permit an allowance for me to submit something else in order to make up for the innocent mistake and the unfair advantage other competitors gain from it.

In 16th Place with 9 points:

Osh

Jurassic 5 – Improvise

Now we’re getting somewhere. I enjoyed this track. Went down a few places after a couple of relistens but yeah I’m grooving this one.

In 15th place with 10 points:
    JP Liz V1

Tina Turner, Kygo - What's Love Got to Do with It

Admittedly I winced when I saw this one initially, we had a Kygo remix in my previous Walrus that I absolutely savaged (Green entered it I think). Thankfully, they haven’t altered this one so much and I don’t have to do it again :P

In 14th place with 11 points
    Tusk

Seven Bridge Road (Live) – The Eagles

Yep… recurring theme I think… just can’t put my finger on it! This one didn’t really resonate with me that much if I’m honest. It’s alright, and I'd prefer it to the songs prior but I think that’s about the best I can say for it.

In 13th place with 12 points:

Green&Red

Boy & Bear - Fall at your feet

The entrant seems to be a fan of these lads, I seem to recall him entering them into previous Walruses. This one was a nice track, if a bit slow for my own tastes to give it a higher ranking.

In JOINT 12th place, with 13 points each:
    Trigger
    &
    JohnGreenFan

Make You Feel My Love - Adele

Adele is normally a huge hit with me, and would easily top the pile… unfortunately for you both, it’s my least favourite song of hers. Her voice is almost unrivalled in the modern day imo, but this track is just so slow and sombre it’s a bit sleep inducing. Still a good song, but here would be about right for it imo.

• Advertisement

Another Bob Dylan hater!

In 10th place, with 14 points:

Kolido

No Doubt – It’s My Life

Ahhhh Gwen. Old No Doubt tracks are great, new No Doubt tracks… erm. Not so much. Still, this poppy upbeat number is enough to bag this entrant 14 points.

Think I forgot we could submit covers for this... Bringing an Original Track (salvaged from the cutting room floor 20 years later) to a Covers of Fan Favourites Battle is like bringing a Gun to a Drone fight...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

Necro wrote: »
    In 10th place, with 14 points:

Kolido

No Doubt – It’s My Life

Ahhhh Gwen. Old No Doubt tracks are great, new No Doubt tracks… erm. Not so much. Still, this poppy upbeat number is enough to bag this entrant 14 points.

New?

That song is 17 years old

In 9th place with 15 points
    Reberetta
    Smashing Pumpkins – Let Me Give The World To You

This is a dangerous band to enter, because I find some (NOT ALL) of the Smashing Pumpkins stuff borders on sleep inducing. There are elements in this, the dreary guitars and Corgan’s tone however I definitely enjoyed this much more than I expected.

That song is 17 years old

I wasn't referring to It's My Life, more their overall work.

Yippee! 15 points not a disaster.

• Advertisement

"Trainwrecks hide underneath your umbrella".

-Billy Corgan, God.

Advertisement