Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I am the Necrus - Walrus Reveal Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

yeah, I don't fancy my chances either. . .

• Registered Users Posts: 30,339 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Rap round next. Perhaps my least favourite kind of music. Better prepare myself for it...

Same here, that's why I decided to go with R'n'B, it's more tolerable.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Rap round next. Perhaps my least favourite kind of music. Better prepare myself for it...

Irish Aris wrote:
    yeah, I don't fancy my chances either. . .

Same here, that's why I decided to go with R'n'B, it's more tolerable.

:D

All will be revealed at circa 6.30pm this evening.

What I will say is that the bottom 3 were bottom 3 by some distance...

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

That's me there so. Best thing about this round and game in general is I discovered an album I had on vinyl about 20 years ago but never listened as I never got around to spending €1200 on Technics as a 15-16 year old.

It's probably not the greatest hiphop album of all time but it has some of the best hiphop tracks of all time.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Hip-Hop, Rap – some smooth R&B? All the order of the day here. I’m a fairly big rap fan, much like country the emphasis is on the voice and the lyrics. If they ain’t on point, it ain’t gonna do well.

Couple of examples…

• Advertisement

Lettuce begin :) We actually had two duplicate entries in this category….

How did they fare? How did YOU fare? I guess we will find out in the next hour or so.

tenor.gif?itemid=12182257

In 19th place with 6 points
    Trigger
    Walk on water – Eminem

The Beyonce part of this really ruined this for me. I love Eminem and have listened to almost everything he has released but for some reason I never got into this song at all. It seems a bit lazy (by him) if I’m completely honest.

In 18th place with 7 points

Osh

Blackalicious – Sleep

Hmmm, I can vibe on this.... sort of. But again it’s not really my kinda thing.

In 17th place with 8 points

LeVar

Lupe Fiasco ft. Skylar Grey - Words I Never Said

It’s another song I just couldn’t get into at all unfortunately. The chorus is pretty decent but that’s about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Yep, knew this round would be a problem for me... There goes the lead...

• Advertisement

In 16th place with 9 points

Irish Aris

Salt'n'Pepa-Expression (The Brixton Bass Edit Remix)

Salt’n’Pepa, yeah not really a fan. Couldn’t find the remix on Spotify so listened to it on YouTube but it’s not really my thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Yep, knew this round would be a problem for me... There goes the lead...

You obviously didn’t know Necro great-great granny is from Cavan

In Joint 15th with 10 points

Reberetta & Sawduck

Skee-Lo - I Wish

Lyrics are decent in this, I did enjoy it. Slipped down a bit on repeat listens though, it just didn’t ‘Wow’ me.

In 13th place with 11 points

Kolido

TQ – Westside

Good track, some smooth vibes to it. Little bit slow for my taste though.

In 12th place with 12 points
    JohnGreenFan
    Black Skinhead - Kanye West

Yeah… so when I saw this initially I was dumping it down the bottom such is my disdain for Kanye, but you know what it’s actually not terrible. It’s powerful, for sure.
    But yeah, it was severely limited by my disdain for the guy so this is about as high as it was ever going to go :/

In 11th place with 13 points

Arghus

Exhibit C - Jay Electronica

Really enjoyed this track, gave something very different and delivered nicely. Good entry.

In 10th place with 14 points

S1ippy

Warren G – Regulate

Also enjoyed this. I do think the song is a tad over rated when we talk about this type of genre, but yeah I definitely like the track regardless.

Completely forgot that Eminem would be the cheat code for this round

In 9th place with 15 points

Mustang shelly

Lighthouse Family – High

Hahaha, I think there’s an entrant here that might lose their sh1t about this. But I like the Lighthouse Family, and I really enjoyed this blast from the past.

RasTa wrote: »
    That's me there so. Best thing about this round and game in general is I discovered an album I had on vinyl about 20 years ago but never listened as I never got around to spending €1200 on Technics as a 15-16 year old.

It's probably not the greatest hiphop album of all time but it has some of the best hiphop tracks of all time.
    tenor.gif

In 8th place with 16 points

RasTa

Mobb Deep - Survival of The Fittest

This is my kind of thing, gritty, urban and real. Like Arghus’ entry before it, there’s a cool different vibe off this one and I really enjoyed this.

• Advertisement

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29h4hvor56d50wqh5v2ga9xmqkpta6bnlqlnps5cl3&rid=giphy.gif

Saw Doctors should be along next

(But I do like that song)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Necro wrote: »

Mustang shelly

Lighthouse Family – High

Hahaha, I think there’s an entrant here that might lose their sh1t about this. But I like the Lighthouse Family, and I really enjoyed this blast from the past.

200.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Necro wrote: »

Mustang shelly

Lighthouse Family – High

Is it hip hop though :thoughtful emoji:

In 7th place with 17 points

JP Liz V1

Party Up, Up in Here - DMX

Love this track, I am a big fan of a lot of DMX mind so it helped knowing this track already. Good choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,339 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

fixXxer wrote: »
    Is it hip hop though :thoughtful emoji:

Smooth R'n'B ;)

In 6th place with 18 points
    The purple tin

House of Pain: Jump Around

Ha, the quintessential song for this category imo. I’d have posted it in the opening blurb if it hadn’t been entered. I mean it’s almost universally loved so how could it not place fairly high?

Genuinely surprised that the tracks that duplicated did, and this was a solo entry.

In Joint 5th with 19 points EACH

Rikand & ShaneU

A Tribe Called Quest - Electric Relaxation

Nice double pick here, again really enjoying the underground feel to this track.

And that brings us to our famous 6 remaining contenders
    Clarabel
    Deja Boo
    Tusk
    fixXxer
    Gru
    Green&Red

9cd502381cb3beed49a5d0b3060cb25d.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Need to see what Tusk entered

• Advertisement

In 20th place with 5 points

Gru

Pharrell & Jay Z - Frontin'

One would be forgiven for thinking they might do well when one of the artists features in my opening blurb on the category. A problem however arises when you want nothing else other than for the other half of this duo to spontaneously combust. I hate Pharrell and his horrific rapping voice, it’s especially evident in this song. So unfortunately it must be cast down into the bottom 3.
    BlankLoneChuckwalla-size_restricted.gif

Advertisement