Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Mi Smart TV 4S 43" 301.90e

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

kennyt wrote: »
    Be interested in your verdict when you get it.
    If it works for soarview.

Thanks

It had a DVB-T2 tuner so should be ok for Saorview

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

bondja80 wrote: »
    you can try this site https://www.powerplanetonline.com/xiaomi-mi-tv-4s-v53r-55-4k-ultrahd-smarttv-android-os-led
    it cost 468.95e. Don't know how reliable is the site, I never ordered from this site. It is Spanish web shop.

I ended up cancelling the one from amazon and going with this one.
    Cheers for posting link..
    Looks like it will be with me on Monday which is pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭bondja80

sham69 wrote: »
    Ok, when you get it, test it, write review here (picture sound gaming...)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭statto25

Do you want him to do a little video too of him using it?

yes boss!! ;)

• Advertisement

yes boss!! ;)
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

chinese smart tv? no thx...they'll probably be spying on you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

fryup wrote: »

Not to mention Korean, Taiwanese and American TVs all spying as well.

https://www.zdnet.com/article/fbi-warns-about-snoopy-smart-tvs-spying-on-you/

It's a pick your poison world these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭statto25

machalla wrote: »
    Not to mention Korean, Taiwanese and American TVs all spying as well.

https://www.zdnet.com/article/fbi-warns-about-snoopy-smart-tvs-spying-on-you/

It's a pick your poison world these days.

They are all spying and stealing from each other. There is no getting away from it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Str8outtaWuhan

bought this on 8th, money left account on 14th still no sign of a delivery date even though still in stock, any ideas if this will ever be delivered?

• Advertisement

bought this on 8th, money left account on 14th still no sign of a delivery date even though still in stock, any ideas if this will ever be delivered?
    you can chat, they have chat in english language, or send them email in english and they will answer you in english.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Loadedscream

you can chat, they have chat in english language, or send them email in english and they will answer you in english.

Same with me, emailed support and they asked me to wait but no sign of any date. Might just cancel at this rate.

did that last week, they said they are waiting on delivery time, bit annoyed as usually amazon.de are pretty sharp on these things, plus its a brilliant spec for the price, better than most out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭kennyt

I ordered this one too.
    Delivery date of 15 may though

I ordered this one too.
    Delivery date of 15 may though

Yeah me too :(
    When I paid for it it said Monday the 20th April.
    I didn't get a shipping update so messaged them and they said 20th may, bit p'd off but hopefully it will be worth the wait ...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

fryup wrote: »

Meh - when buying any tech nowadays you are basically making a choice to wilfully submit your personal data to either the Chinese, the Americans or the South Koreans so far as I can see.

There's not much getting away from it at this stage.

I'm thinking of buying one of these for the bedroom, has anyone received one yet, and if so could you give me the measurements between the bottom feet < cm? > as I intend putting mine on a tall boy rather than the wall, and obviously I have limited space it can rest on.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Are people concerned about the (in fairness not that big a %) negative reviews on the smart features?

translated from German:

After about 3 months of using the Mi TV 4S 55, I come to the following judgment.

The hardware is very good. Processing and value is flawless. In this price segment I would even say almost unbeatable.

But what the device delivers in terms of user friendliness and ergonomics is under all sow.

Normally you might think that Google TV, Android is running, so I can do everything as usual on my mobile phone and apps from the Google Play Store are known and you have the same look and feel, also with regard to expandability.

And now Xiaomi comes into play. Of course, the Android was adapted and modified. Only a fraction of the apps go from the Google Play Store. Ok, that was to be expected.

The software that came with the device welcomes you with the message that the device is offline. No matter whether WiFi or in my case directly connected via LAN. The patchwall that should start does not start, instead you can find it in a kind of TV menu. You can then start the patchwall via FB.
    It should also be mentioned that the WLAN works if Ethernet is connected, but it cannot connect to anything. You have to pull the plug on the Lan Port first.
    This network error then also extends to Live TV. The HBB programs only go sporadically, you have to restart the TV first, which I had to do very often in the 3 months.
    In addition, the software supplied had massive sound problems on Live TV. Sound does not work after switching on. Only live TV mind you. Start over again.

It was the first time that I tried to search for services for this TV on the Internet. It shouldn't be the last time. To say it in advance. A cobbled together German forum can only be found with great difficulty. There is no help there, the distribution of these televisions is too small. A Xiaomi official won't show up so quickly either.

First information about bugs and other problems can only be found in the Indian forum. Because there is the actual sales location of this TV type. It's funny.
    There you will learn that almost all of them have similar problems.

Then came the longed-for update. Yuhhuu.

Sound and network bugs have been fixed. For this, the device was totally shot down in terms of usability. Obviously there were problems with some software for the German market license. The old patchwall was switched off "no longer available in your REgion", only by fiddling you can reactivate it.

-Chromecast and also every Mi Cast simply switched off. Just doesn't work anymore.
    -The Netflix app tears down the entire system, freezes the input and you can only pull the plug.
    -Standby mode has been made unusable. If the device is in standby for a longer period of time, it takes 2 minutes to switch it on, which makes a cold boot.

The whole software appears cobbled together. The switchover times are getting longer. If you don't run the TV Cleaner par times, some apps in the background consume the memory, so that nothing works anymore.
    The 8 GB in advertising are of little use, half occupy the system, if you install 1-2 Apss, grease Netflix or Prime because the memory is missing.

This is a television where you have to have a system administrator standing next to you. Switching on and watching is not possible, something will not work again. Restart, pull out the plug. Look for solutions in forums, use Google translator because there is no German support. On the EU side there is neither the device nor any television. There are Mi boxes.

As good as the Xiaomi smartphones are, I have one myself, but simply throwing such a TV on the German market with this pathetic software is not possible. Other manufacturers have solved this much better.

I will keep TV now and hope for software updates. But I would not recommend him to anyone. Too bad. Because the look is pretty nice.
    6 people found this helpful
    Helpful
    Comment Report abuse
    Translate review to English
    Max
    1.0 out of 5 stars “What's going on with this TV? "UPDATE *** UPDATE
    Reviewed in Germany on 9 December 2019
    Size: 55 inchesStyle: 4K Ultra HDPattern Name: SingleVerified Purchase
    “What's going on with this TV? said the nice DHL messenger to me.
    According to him, the TV is selling bread right now.
    His car is full of these things, and I can tell you why.

Packaging / Assembly:
    Super packaged and very easy to assemble.
    With me, the good piece hangs on the wall.

Design / workmanship:
    from the front, the TV looks very good. The metal frame looks great and looks stable, the edges are pleasantly thin and make the TV look modern. However, it is not
    thin as an OLED. Anyone who wants to impress with the design should not access here. I
    particularly like the remote control. It is the perfect size, the buttons are a treat and thanks to Bluetooth, the annoying aim is eliminated. Very good!

Sound:
    Flatscreen ... that's all you need &#55357;&#56837;

Connections:
    Everything you need. HDMI 2.0 supports 4K with 60fps.
    The sound can be output via ARC. Super convenient, as this allows you to control the volume with the TV remote control.
    Unfortunately, when using ARC, the Mi TV no longer shows a volume control on the display. It's a shame.

Tuner:
    Has everything you need today. Whether satellite, cable or antenna. Everything runs wonderfully and the HD transmitters can be decrypted via the CI + module. However, switching time is slightly longer compared to other TVs.

Software:
    Before the Xiaomi I had a TV from Sony from 2015. Android ran on it absolutely horrible. That was really not solemn.
    Different with Mi TV.
    Everything runs smoothly and hardly anything can be waiting.
    After the resting state it comes from time to time to small jerks which you can absolutely forgive.
    A little more negative I noticed the playback about Zattoo. I don't know why but compared to the tuner, the image looks very restless and jerky. Seems not to be 50fps.
    Runs significantly better on other devices.

ICAL QUALITY:
    Here we come to my personally most negative point.
    If I were to describe the image quality in one word, it would be “mass fit”.
    I think Xiaomi hit the taste of the broad mass here.
    Everything looks colorful and harmonious, nothing stands out extremely negative. But if you
    look at the picture more closely and have other TVs as a comparison, then the Xiaomi looks quite old.
    In addition to a LG C7 (bought my for 800 €) the Xiaomi unfortunately does not look good at all.
    The backlight from the Mi TV shines through and makes dark areas look gray (clear problem with LCDs with LED backlight)
    Highlights burn out very quickly with the Xiaomi and colors are more matte than powerful.
    The brightness is just standard.
    HDR is probably integrated, but you can see absolutely nothing of (rather marketing).
    The criticism, of course, relates to the direct comparison.
    I had acquaintances here who called the picture beautiful and hammer.
    If you watch TV and TV shows and don't have too much demands on image quality, you'll be more than happy with the TV.
    Oh yeah
    I'm definitely not a fan of motion smoothing and other “image enhancements”.
    According to marketing, the software irons the image smoothly and makes video look super smooth. Uh ... NO, looks horrible, turn it off!
    Even when calibrating, you won't be happy with the TV. Below the custom image profile you can adjust only a few points such as brightness and contrast. It's a shame.

Price:
    450 €!
    Here you get a lot for your money!

Conclusion:
    The image quality could not convince me personally, but I find it absolutely convincing for the broad mass.
    The software runs very smoothly and the equipment offers everything you need in the price range. By and large, the Mi TV has left a positive impression, but due to my opinion about the image quality, I can only give 3 stars.

UPDATE ***
    After a few months I wanted to share some things that I noticed on TV. Here is a small list of problems with software and image quality:

-Bluetooth connection to a headphone (Bose QC35) is very bad. The volume is constantly fluctuating and synchronous is different.

-The sound is also not synchronous via ARC. Here it also takes a long time for a connection to be established and from time to time the soundbar does not want to connect to the TV. ANNOYS!

-After hibernation, the TV has big problems with performance. WLAN tears off, menu hookes strongly and image settings adjust. After the last update, the remote did not work either.
    I don't know why Android shows signs of aging after such a short time, in everyday life this is extremely annoying.

- With Prime, movies receive 2-3 times a message that the copy protection via HDMI could not be ensured. Film breaks off every time. It's very annoying. Do not know what it is, via HDMI only the soundbar is connected.

- After my girlfriend then wanted to watch Oldschool TV, much the bad service on live TV on. There is no direct button to get in there, you have to enter the app via the main menu or change the input. Program guides and info are nested in menus and cannot be found at first. The TV is not designed for live TV, no pleasure.

-ZATTOO jerks quite weird. 50fps are not that, picture hangs very often despite LAN. ANNOYS!

- Then something about image quality. The black value is really not good. The film strips are permanently gray, changing the angle of view makes everything matte and unattractive. I don't know if I'm already too spoiled by OLED but the TV really can't do more than bright scenes.

I didn't want it to be true but Android TV just stays the old jerkelbox. In everyday life really no pleasure. The price of 400 € currently does not justify itself. In case of innovations I will update.

UPDATE
    I gave up the TV. Meanwhile, I only have problems with that part.
    Short summary:
    - Remote control constantly seduces the connection
    - Sound is missing when starting TV channels
    - Audio via HDMI is catastrophically displaced (lips are not synchronous)
    - After each waking up from standby, the surface jerks at its finest, sometimes no operation possible (only helps restart)
    - Prime shows the copy protection error again and again (film breaks, app does not remember the time already seen)
    - After standby, the TV almost always loses the Wi-Fi connection (restart)
    - Multitasking virtually impossible (Prime eg Sits back)
    - Disney + has problems with audio via HDMI (picture stops to sync), but does not work)
    - on Netflix the image freezes spontaneously (annoying extreme)
    - volume over HDMI is not displayed (you never know how loud)
    - TV simply turns on itself ??? (I come home and the thing just runs ... creepy)
    - Sometimes the TV changes itself the app (I watched Netflix and suddenly opens YouTube ????)

My conclusion after several months:
    totally unmatured scrap. The TV may be cheap and works in the beginning. Over time, however, more and more problems arise.
    Can not recommend the TV absolutely!
    5 people found this helpful
    Helpful
    Comment Report abuse
    Translated from German by Amazon
    See original ·Report translation
    Yo
    1.0 out of 5 stars Unfit
    Reviewed in Germany on 19 October 2019
    Size: 43 inchesStyle: 4K Ultra HDPattern Name: SingleVerified Purchase
    I join a few here who are overwhelmed by the mostly positive reviews of this device. We had ordered the 43 "device and had been in operation for about a week before we sent it back. The device was" reduced "," at an introductory price "of 339 euros. After only two weeks, it was already UVP. Strange These reviews ... This price ... An eternal fight.
    Incidentally, even the price of 339 euros is not justified. Image and sound are again significantly below the quality of cheap televisions, which were recently criticized by Stiftung Warentest. The streaming services such as Netflix and Amazon Prime were unusable. Netflix content was not sufficiently colored and motion pictures were blurry and pixelated. Prime UHD content could not be displayed at all. The picture was much too dark. If you had worked your way into the deeply hidden menu for the user-defined picture settings, you could get a gray washed out picture in "UHD", with which you could at least see some details. As mentioned, any cheap television can do that better. My experiences were then confirmed by a well-known trade magazine after a few days. Not only sound and image are therefore unusable, the operation is extremely poor. Only the Android functions can be highlighted positively here. The feel of the remote control is also very neat, but a few buttons are missing for good operation. If the return on Amazon hadn't worked so well, I would have complained about the lack of grip on the device ...
    6 people found this helpful
    Helpful
    1 Comment Report abuse
    Translate review to English
    ←Previous page
    Next page→
    Questions? Get fast answers from reviewers
    What do you want to know about Xiaomi Mi Smart TV 4S 43 "(4K Ultra HD, Triple Tuner, Android TV 9.0, remote control with microphone, Amazon Prime Video and Netflix)?
    Ask
    See all 867 answered questions
    Need customer service? Click here
    ‹ See all details for Xiaomi Mi Smart TV

hi all, quick update on the mi S, spoke to lovely german lady and they have no current expectation of a delivery date. they are in contact with their wholesale supplier but cannot give a timeframe, im going to cancel. but gutted as i doubt ill find a similar spec for 300 yoyo's.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭bergipau

did the TV arrive?
    I am very tempted to purchase from this site also.
    Delivery looks slow now. They are saying May 15th

update , never got around to cancelling it and got email in german to say delivery 8th May.

• Advertisement

update , never got around to cancelling it and got email in german to say delivery 8th May.

42" version from Amazon?
    You happy enough to purchase?

I have 15 may delivery for 55" from Spanish website.

42" version from Amazon?
    You happy enough to purchase?

I have 15 may delivery for 55" from Spanish website.

yep spec looks good for price its a tv telly for the upcoming covid/flu winter. if it looks good my jump for the 55" for main room (saving a fortune on petrol lately)

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭eoinp11

I'm surprised no one seems concerned at those reviews podgeandrodge posted

eoinp11 wrote: »
    I'm surprised no one seems concerned at those reviews podgeandrodge posted

Not expecting it to be perfect. But a 55" 4k TV from a good brand for the price of a mid range smartphone is worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 niceday13

Anyone actually get this TV, if so what is your opinion. Thanks

niceday13 wrote: »
    Anyone actually get this TV, if so what is your opinion. Thanks

due for delivery next tuesday so ill give you my opinion then fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 3 niceday13

Thanks, appreciate it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭podge3

My 32" warehouse Mi TV arrived this morning, ordered about a week ago. Supposed to have dead pixels but I can't see any. Total cost was €140.

Very impressed so far, system is very quick, remote good, pic good (haven't played with settings yet). Sound is really impressive from a small TV, best I've heard.

I haven't tuned it in yet to saorview or satellite but initial impressions are very good.

hopefully my 55" will arrive next week.
    My credit card company thought the initial purchase was fraudulent and put a hold on it :(
    I had to re-order it last week.
    Just hoping I am still in line for the stock due on the 15th..
    Not in a hurry for it but would be nice to get it..

• Advertisement

arrived this morn

took about 10mins to set up as it links via your phone so does ur wifi/ youtube account automatically. has netflix and amazon and took seconds to login in . it prompted me to install disney plus from app store straight away.

Pros: price very good for 43"
    colours look good and very little lag on google assistant button
    seems very amenable to sideloading stuff so ill play around with that
    great for games
    blutooth audio

cons:
    She has a fat arse, so if mounting on wall be aware of that
    Control is one like the firestick control, not my favourite
    playstore doesnt have virginmedia (missus insisted i dock it marks)

Overall as a telly for the bedroom its a great buy,

Advertisement