Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FRAGRANCE SPLITS - *SEPTEMBER 2022*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Bada Bing Boy

Package received, thanks Pat. Happy out!

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭mags1962

Hi Pat received first package today delighted with purchase !

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Eyespy

Hi Pat,

The payload just landed and Spring Flower is da bomb! It smells divine! Seriously good sheet so thanks once again for including me. Oh and as an incentive to sway you to get viw maybe, when I purchase them I will take some of that sweet green Irish tweed off your hands too. Just throwing it out there. Cheers again, you're the best

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

Another fine delivery from Pat!

Wasn't sure what to expect from Orange Sanguine, but it's a really nice and different summer scent.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Mine arrived as well cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭AAAAAAAAA

Got mine yesterday too, previous perfume bottle was the cube, this one is much nicer. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,532 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

DrZeuss wrote: »
    Wasn't sure what to expect from Orange Sanguine, but it's a really nice and different summer scent.
    It's orange-y isn't it!
    AAAAAAAAA wrote: »
    Got mine yesterday too, previous perfume bottle was the cube, this one is much nicer. Thanks!
    I actually think the cubes look nicer, but the round ones are quicker to pack!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Kat1170

General question. Possibly no real answer.

How long does aftershave 'last'

I only use it now and then. Stored in a dark drawer. How long will it remain fresh for want of a better word.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 SalthillHead

Packaged received today. All great. Thanks Pat!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Package arrived.. all good here

Thanks Pat

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Kat1170 wrote: »
    General question. Possibly no real answer.

How long does aftershave 'last'

I only use it now and then. Stored in a dark drawer. How long will it remain fresh for want of a better word.

I wore my Virgin Island water today for the first time since Aug 2018...I got it from Pat... probably 4-6 months before that.. still as fresh as day 1 .
    I've bought a few bottles over the years from Pat... and the only one that "turned" was my 50ml of GIT which I think was the very first bottle I got from him...it might be 2.5 to 3 years ago..not quite sure... only about 5ml left..if even that!

Stuff should generally be fine for a long time if kept in the dark etc and any issues would more be along the lines of loss of topnotes than the juice 'going off'. I would say the larger bottles would last better than the 10ml as these have a proportionally larger surface area of the liquid exposed.......but then again there's less in there so they should go quicker anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

Spring Flower went down a treat.

Thanks Pat.

Soarer wrote: »
    Spring Flower went down a treat.

Thanks Pat.
    Brownie points earned! Yeah, it's nice alright - I prefer it to Aventus for Her as it's lighter and more of an 'everyday' perfume for a woman. Two 50ml bottles left!

...........................................................................................

Here's what I have available in hand as of 22/3/2020. More details (incl. price) on most fragrances below.

Creed - Aventus: €85 per 50ml. Four left, batch 19S11 (pre-reformulation).
    Creed - Green Irish Tweed:three 50ml left @ €80 each.
    Creed - Spring Flower: two 50ml left at a bargain €69 each.
    Bargain Belters: two sets left (one glass, one plastic IIRC). Grab them while I still have them - these are all top notch!
    Berdoues - Arz El-Rab: cedar, ginger, lemon and pepper - this is very wearable and smells a lot more upmarket than its price suggests; a little bargain. €31.50 for 30ml (in original 100ml bottle if wanted).
    Berdoues - Maasai Mara: 30ml left.
    Burren Perfumery - Man of Aran: plenty left.
    Dolce & Gabbana - The One for Men Royal Night: plenty left
    Senteurs Gourmandes - The Absolu: plenty left.
    Swedoft - Mysterious Shadow: Parfum de Marly - esque masculine from hip Swedes Swedoft. €16 for 10ml - one only (plastic).
    Tom Ford - Beau de Jour: 50ml left (ordered - original bottle not available).
    Tom Ford - Black Orchid EdP: 30ml left. Think I have this split as 20 + 10ml.
    Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver: 30ml left - in original 100ml bottle if desired.

Bottle sizes
    Glass bottles: 10ml, 25 / 30 ml (same bottle), 50ml. NB: new batch of 10ml glass bottles I've just (March 2020) started using actually hold slightly less, about 9.6ml - apologies.
    Plastic bottles: 10ml, 20ml.

Note 20ml splits are available in plastic bottles only

Shipping
    Courier: €12.50 for up to 5 or 6 bottles depending on size. This option must be used for glass bottles.
    An Post: €4.50 - only available for plastic bottles (10 / 20ml). Max seven 10ml or three 20ml bottles. Not tracked or insured!

Currently, shipments are proceeding as normal.

Full payment details will be provided by PM / email - I take Revolut, bank transfer, or PayPal.

................................................................................................................

Competition time!
    375x500.9728.jpg
    Clive Christian’s C for Men (now discontinued and replaced by an inferior fragrance) is perhaps best described as a stronger version of Tuscan Leather – I’d call it Tuscan Leather Intense but Tom Ford already got there! Price is an eye watering €350 for a 50ml bottle................but I’m giving some away for free, what with it being a birthday celebration and all! Quite simple really: everyone who places a request between now and the end of March will have their name put in the hat for one of three 9ml bottles of C for Men. That’s it!

I'm hoping to do this raffle live on Zoom April 1st or so - all welcome to join in!

Small print: (i) open to anyone who submits and pays for a request by end March – doesn’t need to have been delivered within that timeframe. (ii) names will be drawn at random by one of those raffle program thingies on d’internet. (iii). If your request has already been delivered and you’re a winner, I will send the C to you in a plastic bottle by An Post.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

TOM FORD
    504571.jpg

Beau de Jour
    This appeared in the Private Blend range (at a considerably more expensive price) last year before disappearing quickly. Now it's back - and much, much cheaper as part of the mass market Signature range! Arguments abound online as to whether it differs from the original release - for what it's worth I can't smell any difference! The fragrance itself is an absolute cracker - a barbershop style lavender, patchouli, and amber riot. Classy, yet accessible and inoffensive. A very safe wear. This is garnering some seriously good press and looks like a major hit. Frankly, it's well worth the retail price.....but I don't do retail! Currently I have no original bottles left but may have more shortly so do ask (I think they'll go very quickly though so hurry!). RRP €99 for 50ml.
    €18 for 10ml, €35 for 20ml, €50 for 30ml, or €73.50 for 50ml. 50ml left (ordered).

................................................................................................................

Grey Vetiver EdP
    An office classsic, this features shiny citruses, spices, precious wood and vetiver - simple, clean and elegant and ideal for Spring. This is the stronger eau de parfum version (although I think the EdT may have been dropped). RRP €90 / 50ml.
    €15 for 10ml, €28.50 for 20ml, €40 for 30ml 30ml portion in original 100ml bottle and box if wanted. 30ml left.

Black Orchid EdP *open split*
    Sophisticated, dark (with floral undertones), intense (yet paradoxically subtle), mysterious and alluring - this is one of the major sellers of the whole Tom Ford range. This was originally released as a female fragrance before being rebranded as unisex given the high number of men who apparently wear it. Me personally, I think it's one for the ladies TBH. RRP €99 / 50ml.
    €16 for 10ml, €30.50 for 20ml. 30ml left.

CREED
    504573.jpg

Spring Flower (for women) *open split*
    Mothers Day is on the way lads! One of Creed’s best female scents, this moves away from the heaviness of Aventus for Her and Royal Princess Oud to a much lighter affair. Apple, jasmine, melon and peach abound in a spring / summer oriented fragrance. An easy wear – and a cracking price! RRP €240 / 75ml.
    €69 for 50ml. Two left!

Green Irish Tweed
    Iconic grassy freshie, perfect office wear. RRP €180 / 50ml.
    €80 for 50ml. Three left.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

BEST OF - Bargain Belters
    504572.jpg

What's this? Five low - mid priced 10ml bottles of fragrances which I've split previously but which passed many people by. All of these are absolutely top notch and are personal favourites of mine. Can I guarantee you'll like them all? No, tastes differ, but you'll surely like a few! All in hand.
    Lalique - Fleur Universelle: rum, myrrh, cinnamon and tonka. Gorgeous, warming fragrance for the cooler months.
    Christian Dior - Dior Homme Intense: takes often feminine touches such as iris and powdery smells and somehow makes a decadently sexy male scent. Very suave.
    Mancera - Aoud Vanille: dark, brooding medicinal oud, lightened – just a tad – with vanilla. Sombre and mysterious.
    Atelier Cologne - Orange Sanguine: smells like a real life orange. Really, nothing more need be said! Super for summer, and much better longevity than most citrus frags.
    Penhaligon's - Castile: a summer corker, this is a neroli forward soapy scent. Classic without being old fashioned, cool without even trying.

€69 for 5 x 10ml Last orders! Only two more available - this will not be repeated.

DOLCE & GABBANA
    375x500.33180.jpg

The One for Men: Royal Night *coming soon*
    Mysterious, sophisticated and extremely masculine, the new exclusive fragrance The One Royal Night represents an oriental edition of the original The One for Men fragrance and offers a fragrant journey to the Middle East. Its oriental - woody composition begins with notes of cardamom (two types of cardamom oil) and basil. Wild pear wood, a dry wood with a leathery note, and spicy nutmeg form the heart, followed by the oriental base of amber, cedar, sandalwood and labdanum.
    €11.50 for 10ml, €22 for 20ml, €31 for 30ml, or €46 for 50ml.

BERDOUES
    375x500.43109.jpg

Maasai Mara *open split*
    "Maasai Mara is a cozy and comforting cinnamon-orange-dried fruits blend that's very easy to wear. Dry, understated, and perfect for autumn-winter or a cool evening anytime" - Fragrantica.
    €10.50 for 10ml, €20 for 20ml, €30 for 30ml. 30ml available.

BURREN PERFUMERY
    image.jpg

Man of Aran (AKA Aran) *in hand*
    Recently renamed simply ‘Aran’ to underline that this is a unisex fragrance, Man of Aran is a ‘modern fresh sea cologne with a citrus top note and woody base notes of the mosses, lichens and barks of the Burren’.
    €8.50 for 10ml.

LES SENTEURS GOURMANDES
    375x500.46460.jpg

The Absolu *in hand*
    Another from splits cheapo faves Senteurs Gourmandes. Cedar, green tea and mint – light and unisex.
    €8 for 10ml.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Marcus-Aurelius

PM sent Pat

Pat...maybe a bit late... but if you don't get a shout for the Maasie Mara 30ml, throw it in with my 20ml

No need to enter me in the Clive C comp :)

Erik

Jezze lads, tried the TF Tobacco Vanillle today

I smell like an ashtray or someone just painted me in creosote

Don’t think it’s me..

Don’t think it’s me..

It settles down and the vanilla becomes more apparent... but like a lot of TF frags... don't overdo the sprays...and nowhere near the nose..or it'll overpower you and you'll be smelling the first hit all day ...that's been my experience anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 19,669 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Don’t think it’s me..

That was my first impression as well it’s a grower and you need to let it settle down

Cyrus wrote: »
    That was my first impression as well it’s a grower and you need to let it settle down

Oki doki..

• Advertisement

Oki doki..

The next day.. just on the pulse points of your wrists...then maybe back of neck...or middle chest.. you'll find what works for you

Don’t think it’s me..

Do you mean the Tuscan Leather DT? That's the Tom Ford I sent this week (unless I put on the wrong label!). It is pretty butch to be fair, although I find most people like it - there's definitely an ashy drydown alright. Give it a few wears though, might take a while to get used to it....

Never got an "ashtray" smell from Tobacco Vanille. Definitely more sweet than anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Martin maloney

Hi Pat
    La Nuit From Ysl, pinterest would have you believe its unreal,well the old formula anyways , is the new formula as bad as the reviews are saying?.I've seen it on perfume click for 103 euro for 200ml. heard the old formula was the bomb before they went and messed with it. discuss....

Hi Pat
    La Nuit From Ysl, pinterest would have you believe its unreal,well the old formula anyways , is the new formula as bad as the reviews are saying?.I've seen it on perfume click for 103 euro for 200ml. heard the old formula was the bomb before they went and messed with it. discuss....

Have heard it's decent but not really on my radar TBH - too easily available and cheap to really make it worthwhile for people. I think one of the flankers supposedly smells like Aventus.

Hi Pat

Is that La Nuit De L'homme you're talking about?

Have the reformulated version, and it's lovely.
    No idea how good the old version was, but the new version is nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭AAAAAAAAA

La Nuit De L'homme is a pretty nice fragrance. Get a tester if you aren't sure on it. I finished a 60ml bottle from 2017 recently, my only real issue with it is that it I wish the citrus came through a bit better (The frozen version of it has this and is imo a better scent, hard to come by). I'd get another bottle alright though, nice enough and my girlfriend likes it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Thanks Pat, the TF BDJ arrived yesterday, it's gorgeous.

Stay safe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Hi Padraig,

Have followed this thread for a while, yet to splash out :)

Have you ever thought or looked at Armani Prive Bois D’Encens?

I’ve bought it a few times and it is divine!

• Advertisement

PopTarts wrote: »
    Hi Padraig,

Have followed this thread for a while, yet to splash out :)

Have you ever thought or looked at Armani Prive Bois D’Encens?

I’ve bought it a few times and it is divine!

I've only done one Arami Prive - Vetiver d'Hiver and TBH it was a touch sell - doesn't seem to be much love for the brand out there for some reason! Have a few of the heavier ones on the ol' watch list alright in case I get a deal.

Advertisement