Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

12 weeks accommodation sought for 1 in quality European ski resort

• 06-11-2014 8:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Any tips? Some prices are shocking. Most search engines and holiday companies won't allow me to to search for more than a few weeks accommodation. Self-catering preferred.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

GarMani wrote: »
    Any tips? Some prices are shocking. Most search engines and holiday companies won't allow me to to search for more than a few weeks accommodation. Self-catering preferred.

Which resorts?? Most holiday lets are designed for 1 -2 weeks and priced accordingly, so you need to find long term lease apartments.

Local estate agents, papers and contacts in resort can point you in the right direction

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭GarMani

Any quality resort in Western Europe. My experience in Bulgaria has put me off the Eastern European countries.
    Asking local estate agents is a good idea that I hadn't thought of, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Jasnah

If you're searching in France, have a look on leboncoin and, if available, private owners lists on resort sites. You'll need to be able to speak some French though.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 caffaddict

Does anybody know what price roughly you would pay for this type of let? In say a decent spot in Austria or France

caffaddict wrote: »
    Does anybody know what price roughly you would pay for this type of let? In say a decent spot in Austria or France

How long is a piece of string! Anything form €500- €50,000 per month.

An average would be €500-1,200

• Advertisement

Fattes wrote: »
    How long is a piece of string! Anything form €500- €50,000 per month.

An average would be €500-1,200

Fair enough! Have you done this before? And would you have any useful links for more info?

(Apologies op for slight hi-jack)

Caffaddict, I live in the mountains from Nov- May every year :) So yep! Once or twice. The reality is you would need to start with an ideal resort and work from there. So the cheapest resorts will be in Austria and Italy.

Places like Aosta can be very cheap with a good connection to the airport and a gondola straight up to Pila.

Best advice I can give is to pick a resort, start contacting estate agents, tourist office and look up the local paper online for adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Jasnah

As Fattes said, pick a resort and work from there. We were able to get a self-catering apartment DIY for 600 during New Years, with room for 6 (although, as students, our standards aren't too high). Good deals to be found, especially during off-peak weeks.

Fattes wrote: »
    Caffaddict, I live in the mountains from Nov- May every year :) So yep! Once or twice. The reality is you would need to start with an ideal resort and work from there. So the cheapest resorts will be in Austria and Italy.

Places like Aosta can be very cheap with a good connection to the airport and a gondola straight up to Pila.

Best advice I can give is to pick a resort, start contacting estate agents, tourist office and look up the local paper online for adverts.

Ah, living the dream :) Thank you for the advice!

Advertisement