Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cricket in Ireland/Pimp your Club!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭figs86

play cricket with ireland's greatest club for a variety of reasons, clontarf CC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Lucas10101

Don't play Cricket, no.....there should be a poll for this/no?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

Lucas10101 wrote:
    Don't play Cricket, no.....there should be a poll for this/no?

No and stop pimping your site

regi wrote:
    Lismore was where I used to play, beautiful town and grounds.

Playing my first game for them tomorrow vs Mount Juliet in a friendly. Looking forward to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dereko1969

Placebo wrote:
    im in castleknock, phoneix should be closest,
    im 22, havent played since i was 17-18 [in bevidere]
    just wanna join somewhere for the laugh and fun, any recommendations.
    think il be working fulltime though
    civil service might be a better option, they've a 4th team in junior c and a thirds in junior a, the lads in junior a are a really nice bunch used to play with them before i moved down to laois.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 cnu

Hi,

I'm enthusiastic cricketer and looking to play somewhere.

If you are looking for a medium pace bowler [have good pace, line and lenght too, I believe] and someone who can bat in the middle order, please ping me.

I live in Dub north west, just ping me if you want me for one odd matches too, very much willing to play.

Million thanks,
    Cnu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 hurlingguy

Play cricket amoungst mates would love to play for a club but dont know if there is any around locally :(

The season is over for most clubs but if you let people know where you're located, I'm sure someone will let you know of any clubs in the region.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 hurlingguy

I live near Tralee in Kerry

Well you're in luck. Kerry CC are playing in Tralee, they play in the rugby grounds between the 2 rugby pitches. Also Dingle are meant to be joining the Munster League next season so it's an extra trip for us down to the South-West.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Hi im living in templeogue. Am looking for a team. Only started in 2006, didnt get much match practice with my team and want some! I know my nearest clubs are cym and leinster. anyone got any opinions of them as a beginners club? I dont mind travelling a bit further to a club suited to inexperienced players. Want some taverners cricket:)

sandyford (play in marley park) or dundrum (play in wesley college) would also be local for you. dundrum have a team in junior c and sandyford in junior a, think your best bet would be to get some taverner's experience first if you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭thehegdes

Hi all,

I live in Churchtown, and am looking to start playing cricket - any suggestions how to go about finding the nearest club etc?

I played some cricket between 2000 and 2004 - and since then havent touched a cricket bat / ball. Also, I am higher on enthusiasm than am on talent or athletism (what I mean to say here is I can bat a bit, bowl a bit and am likely to let a ball or two through my legs when fielding + my throw reaches the keeper on 2nd bounce).

Suggestions?

Thanks for your time

my post above would be suitable for you too. you're probably best looking for a club that has a team in junior c - that's the lowest league. while i mentioned dundrum and sandymount - north wicklow play some of their games just behind three rock rovers hockey club (lovely spot) though you could end up playing more games in aravon school just outside bray. it'll be a good while before nets start for most clubs i would imagine (probably march) but check out this link for contact details of clubs
    http://www.cricketeurope4.net/LEINSTER/GENERAL/WEBLINKS/index.shtml

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 NEW TO AREA

first time on this site ! just moved to Balbriggan from Derbyshire England and am looking for a game of cricket next season or some nets before ? have been playing club cricket in Yorkshire / Derbyshire League for a good few years and would like to play here . any suggestions ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Couple of options around there. The Hills are in Skerries and in Balrothery there's Balbriggan CC and North County CC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Shazam69

If your living on the southside there is a club in Rathmines called Leinster CC. Its over 150 yrs old, the best of amenities (wickets, nets, club house etc). Their website is www.leinster.cc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭randomer

first time on this site ! just moved to Balbriggan from Derbyshire England and am looking for a game of cricket next season or some nets before ? have been playing club cricket in Yorkshire / Derbyshire League for a good few years and would like to play here . any suggestions ?

I sent you a PM with some useful information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 mrkiscool

yeah i love cricket
    i play for north kildare cricket club for the U-17
    anyone know when the new season starts there?

Shazam69 wrote: »
    If your living on the southside there is a club in Rathmines called Leinster CC. Its over 150 yrs old, the best of amenities (wickets, nets, club house etc). Their website is www.leinster.cc

When is pre season starting. Good to see a sliver of activity return to the forum

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lefthand bat 3

Balbriggan cricket club are always on the lookout for new members . anyone interested should look at our website balbriggan cc.com or contact Hugh on 0857256051. indoor training is starting soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

must go back to playing for balbriggan this coming season, its been too long

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 robclough

I have recently become the Secretary of County Mayo Cricket Club based in Castlebar.

We are a very raw team but with bags of enthusiasm.
    I have recently moved to the area from the UK and am a qualified ECB coach and will be able to provide coaching in the club for new and exisitng players.

We will be doing some indoor practices in the New Year.

If you or you know of anyone who is interested in playing Cricket (whatever their level) in the Mayo area please get in touch.

Email: countymayocc@gmail.com

robclough wrote: »
    I have recently become the Secretary of County Mayo Cricket Club based in Castlebar.

We are a very raw team but with bags of enthusiasm.
    I have recently moved to the area from the UK and am a qualified ECB coach and will be able to provide coaching in the club for new and exisitng players.

We will be doing some indoor practices in the New Year.

If you or you know of anyone who is interested in playing Cricket (whatever their level) in the Mayo area please get in touch.

Email: countymayocc@gmail.com

Where in Mayo will you be playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Mweelrea

Where in Mayo will you be playing?

It says Castlebar:)
    County Mayo Cricket Club based in Castlebar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 robclough

Mweelrea wrote: »
    It says Castlebar:)

Yes, we will be playing in the Castlebar area.

Historically we have played on the Mall in Castlebar (Lord Lucan's old cricket ground).

However, we are hoping to have a more suitable venue for this season.

Please check our websites for updates.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭legspin

Winter nets have started. Sundays, at North County, 7-8pm.
    At last I'll get to turn my arm over again.
    If you're around the area come on down.

ah excellent

must pop down this sunday so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭legspin

Four days later and I still feel like I've been beaten up. Suppose that's what happens if you bowl for a full hour for the first time in months:o

• Advertisement

wont be down this week anyway, theres something not quite right with my wrist that i may have to get seen to

the nelis return must wait at least another week

haha

Advertisement