Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

refund booking deposit

• 21-10-2015 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi,

Just wondering how long it takes for estate agents to refund a booking deposit. I've had to pull out of a sale and had givin 5k booking deposit which I know is fully refundable but I'm been givin all sorts of excuses by the estate agent as to why I cant get my deposit back straight away. Is it normal to have to wait a week or 2 or should it be givin back immediately?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Were contracts issued?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 G87

Rew wrote: »
    Were contracts issued?

No contracts had been received by my solicitor and she sent the estate agent an email today confirming no contracts had been received but now there sayin they need confirmation from the vendors solicitors..feel like I'm been fobbed off??

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

G87 wrote: »
    No contracts had been received by my solicitor and she sent the estate agent an email today confirming no contracts had been received but now there sayin they need confirmation from the vendors solicitors..feel like I'm been fobbed off??

The EA's wont give back the deposit till they get confirmation that contracts were sent back. They are afraid of getting cut out of the deal and not getting paid. If you side has confirmed that they are back they will check with vendor Solicitor and there should be no excuse but to refund then.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 G87

Rew wrote: »
    The EA's wont give back the deposit till they get confirmation that contracts were sent back. They are afraid of getting cut out of the deal and not getting paid. If you side has confirmed that they are back they will check with vendor Solicitor and there should be no excuse but to refund then.
    Ah I see..Thanks a mill for clearing that up

Advertisement