Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Father Ted

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭SpAcEd OuT

my best moment was when the gameshow host from BBC stayed with Ted and Mrs.Doyle is trying to get him to drink the shandy

ah no I really shouldn........those feckin bastards,sack me!? I made the BBC then he jumps out the window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Banterville

Nope.
    Dougal: "So Ted has Len seen the rabbits yet????"

Bishop Brennan: "What did he say....did he call me Len, You'll address me by my proper title ya little bollix!"

Also

Dougal names rabbit Sampras "becuase of that link that rabbits and tennis have!"

Hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

Nope.
    Father Ted must surely be given the first sub-forum. Eh, FP? Gwan!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Nope.
    Shabadu wrote:
    hopefully in time for eurosong !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

Nope.
    ted09.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Nope.
    Shabadu wrote:

As far as I know, the three forums will be made at the same time.....Unless your talking about position on the drop down menu....?

In which case, I dunno. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Nope.
    Wait.....Jesus Christ there's 109 yes votes to 4. I think it deserves top spot with those results tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭PlayaFlow

"down with that sort of thing!".........."carefull now"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

Nope.
    My favourite Father Ted bit would have to be... :confused::confused::confused:

oh yeah Dougal:AHHHHHH
    (Bishop Jordan clutches chest in pain)
    Ted:Dougal what are you doing?

Dougal:I just remembered Aliens is on after the News.We can all have a big lads night in.

Ted: Shut up Dougal. Anyway,Heart attack?Thats rare enough these days.

(Bishop Facks speaks but is drowned out by Dougal)

Dougal:I don't know why we can't watch aliens, Ted

Ted: Dougal, Bishop Facks is speaking.

Dougal: But they'd love it

Ted: No they wouldn't.

Dougal:Bishops love sci-fi

Ted: Dougal, WE ARE NOT WATCHING ALIENS.LOL :D

Just after realising this is my hundreth post. This is the greatest moment in world history :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Nope.
    i was just watching that one 5 mins ago, the holy stone :) i have to upload a few eurosong screen grabbies i got

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Surely has to be recognised as some kind of legend or suchlike. If not only for making "End Music....for a film" by Radiohead less depressing. (I challenge anyone to listen to that song and not think of Tommy Tiernan breaking down on the bus after getting out of his depression.)

Fr. Stack: What are we watching?
    Priest: We're looking at the sports day!
    Fr.Stack: Young fellas running around in their shorts, thats the kind of thing you like looking at, I bet you like it to but your imagining what they look like without the shorts. You're sitting there, imagining that with a big smile on your face....ya dirty fecker!

Thats episode must surely one of the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Nope.
    Ok here we go, nearly Eurovision time again (i wonder which channel i can get it on in America?) :D

I got it, i think i got a lyric!
    PDVD_002.jpg
    you can forget about those, you can forget about icey t and scoopy scoopy dog dog!
    PDVD_003.jpg
    JUST PLAY THE F*CKIN NOTE! :D
    PDVD_004.jpg
    Not much to say about this one...genius
    PDVD_008.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Nope.

Fr. Stack: What are we watching?
    Priest: We're looking at the sports day!
    Fr.Stack: Young fellas running around in their shorts, thats the kind of thing you like looking at, I bet you like it to but your imagining what they look like without the shorts. You're sitting there, imagining that with a big smile on your face....ya dirty fecker!

Thats episode must surely one of the best.

Yeah that was a great one and when they go to leave:

Fr. Stack: Ooooh! Bye girls! (Pair of w*nkers...) :D

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 marc7018

oh, hello bishop brennon , i think you got the wrong number when you called there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭OY

Nope.
    Ted: Do you know what is important about July the 19th Mrs Doyle?

Mrs. Doyle: Sure it doesn't matter what day it is. There is always time for a nice cup of tea! Sure didn't our Lord himself pause on the cross for a nice cup of tea before giving himself up for the world?

Ted (shocked): No he didn't Mrs.Doyle.

Mrs. Doyle: Well whatever they had for tea in those days... cake or whatever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

Absoloutely love Father Ted, especially the Eurovision one, the rabbit one, cake in jumper and Henry Cecil (BBC)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Zip

FR STACK: Im goin to listen to some music

FR TED: Ok so

FR STACK: I wasnt askin for permission

FR TED: Well I think thats a very rude thing to say

FR STACK: If you say that to me again Ill put ur face... through the wall

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭spudington16

Absoloutely love Father Ted, especially the Eurovision one, the rabbit one, cake in jumper and Henry Cecil (BBC)

Henry Cellar, actually, but still a classic episode.

Policeman: "I have a clear shot on him, Father. Will I shoot?"
    Ted: "No, let him go; he'll find his own way home."

Classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭capistrano

Ted: Do you know what I mean, Dougal?
    Dougal: I do, Ted
    Ted: Do you really? [excited]
    Dougal: No, Ted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

Classic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

Nope.
    Niamh Connolly: Goodbye

Ted: Yes Goodby...Dougal: Oh yeah Ted I sold Niamh the house

Ted: What?

Dougal: Actually I just gave it to her.

Ted: What! Wait now Dougal

Dougal: Ted you told to always give them what they want.

Ted: Now wait a minute now. What...Dougal:Wait a second Ted. Where are we going to live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 shewolf

after ted puts the brick on the accelerator and hops off the milk van, dougal picks up the brick
    "ted, u forgot ur brick", classic

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Borat_Sagdiyev

Noel Furlong singing Bohemian Rhapsody was class:

... we will not let you go

Furlong: [heavy cork accent] LET ME GOOO [/heavy cork accent]

I'm amazed that no one has so far (correct me if I'm wrong) has mentioned the great Larry Duff, he's tremendous fun.

The one where he's spinning on a wheel and a fella is throwing knives blindfolded at him then his phone goes off.

Or the one where they get stopped at the border because "They found a big box of guns in his house."

"Ah well, you think you know someone"

Top class comedy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭curliq

apparently, the naked guy who father ted always annoys is the father of a girl in my year. *witholds name to spare blushes of said girl*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭cjs19

Number 11!!
    Dougal "Sorry Ted I was holding it upside down."

Best comedy ever.

Advertisement