Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Post pics of your watches ***Please NO QUOTING PHOTOS***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64,774 ✭✭✭✭unkel

I've my first ever auto chrono incoming. Quite excited. Big watch, Swiss, black on black leather. A bit like a poor man's Portugieser Chrono. Can anyone guess what it is? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

I've been wearing my tc-9 since Thursday and I'm loving it.

I have the same issue with the lume, it's crap. There's enough to let you know you have a watch on at night but not much else.

This is my second bronze watch and I just let the patina build naturally.

527093.jpg

527094.jpg

527095.jpg

Quite a lot of patina in less than a week, I decided to try out the rubber strap last night and it's very comfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

Chinese chrono-time with coffee and croissant.

527100.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

CT do you find the lugs really long on the chrono?

David was looking for a turtle pic on another thread;

527121.jpg

Lume is blue not green, kind of off white is the best way to describe the lume in daylight.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

This just arrived from eBay, £92 delivered. It's a Sturmanskie Automatic, definitely different to what I'd normally wear but looks fantastic in person. Currently looking at different strap options, not sure what goes with the gold look, any advice is appreciated..

jPSIH88.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

tedpan wrote: »
    This just arrived from eBay, £92 delivered. It's a Sturmanskie Automatic, definitely different to what I'd normally wear but looks fantastic in person. Currently looking at different strap options, not sure what goes with the gold look, any advice is appreciated..

]

That is quality! Love it. As you say, something a bit different.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

tedpan wrote: »

Very unique! If you're going less formal maybe something like a Colareb Venezia with gold buckle? Like the look of the deep blue.

Venezia-blue-01.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Cienciano wrote:
    That is quality! Love it. As you say, something a bit different.

Cheers, I'm really happy with it. It's a 24 hour dial so will take a little bit of getting used to!
    david wrote:
    Very unique! If you're going less formal maybe something like a Colareb Venezia with gold buckle? Like the look of the deep blue.

Lovely suggestion, I'll have a search online for it now..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

The old reliable Casio today. Perfect for jobs around the house.

IMG-20200923-155938.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Panic Stations

Got this about 2 weeks ago.

Really happy with it and wears great.

Big fan of the fluted bezel and the jubilee bracelet.

w6aR4c0.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

My heart sank for a minute there thinking it was only Tuesday evening!

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Panic Stations

Pablo_Flox wrote: »
    My heart sank for a minute there thinking it was only Tuesday evening!

I thought that might throw a few people off! :D

Ha, I only realised the date was wrong on my Casio just before posting the link. Had to retake the picture because it annoyed me

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

Friend of my mother in law was moving to Ohio and the movers left a bunch of stuff behind so I offered to be the good samaritan and drive it to her new home. Quickie 630 mile 11 hour drive with stops is about 13 hours to Cincinatti Ohio. Stayed overnight in a hotel and then the same drive back. Crazy trip to do in two days but amazing scenery, drive across North Carolina and into West Virginia over the Blue Ridge Mountains a little corner of Kentucky and into Ohio. On the way back I met a member of the local constabulary who was not impressed with my 83mph in a 70mph zone and chased me with flashing blues and sirens. Because I apologised he knocked the speed down to 79 so I don't have to appear in court if I pay a $130 fine and no penalty points either :o

Watch for the journey was my Shogun

bdoF2fBl.jpg

And a couple of shot's from a rest stop in the mountains

f7btwCIl.jpg

cTRSsffl.jpg

Wasn't really in the market but I saw this on reddit before we headed off on our trip and no one seemed to want to purchase it. The original owner started off with a new SKX009 and he didn't like the stock 7S26 movement because it didn't hack and handwind so he purchased an NH36 and had it installed. Next he didn't like the crown so he purchased a signed crown. Still not happy because the pepsi bezel was slightly out of alignment (it's a Seiko) he purchased an explorer bezel.

Somehow he watched a bad mod video which suggested he leave the bezel click spring on it when he fitted the explorer bezel (mistake) and now he says it's permanently stuck, he left a few little scratches to prove it's stuck. At this point he was well anoyed with Seiko and listed it for sale as his "money pit" surpisingly with a title like that no one wanted to buy it for only $200. He relisted it for sale too soon and the reddit mods deleted it but I saw it and given the parts he has added I made him an offer, it was a no brainer buy for only $170.

It was waiting for me tonight when I got back home.

Bezel is stuck and it would need a proper removal tool not just a knife, but the movement keeps perfect time and it looks nice. Maybe if it bothers me enough I will send if off and have the bezel done properly but for now it's a nice SKX explorer mod with an upgraded movement and crown.

joCc6bNl.jpg

ynM4bIDl.jpg

People doing a good deed should be exempt from speed limits :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

HDMI wrote: »
    Friend of my mother in law was moving to Ohio and the movers left a bunch of stuff behind so I offered to be the good samaritan and drive it to her new home. Quickie 630 mile 11 hour drive with stops is about 13 hours to Cincinatti Ohio. Stayed overnight in a hotel and then the same drive back. Crazy trip to do in two days but amazing scenery, drive across North Carolina and into West Virginia over the Blue Ridge Mountains a little corner of Kentucky and into Ohio. On the way back I met a member of the local constabulary who was not impressed with my 83mph in a 70mph zone and chased me with flashing blues and sirens. Because I apologised he knocked the speed down to 79 so I don't have to appear in court if I pay a $130 fine and no penalty points either :o

Watch for the journey was my Shogun

And a couple of shot's from a rest stop in the mountains

Wasn't really in the market but I saw this on reddit before we headed off on our trip and no one seemed to want to purchase it. The original owner started off with a new SKX009 and he didn't like the stock 7S26 movement because it didn't hack and handwind so he purchased an NH36 and had it installed. Next he didn't like the crown so he purchased a signed crown. Still not happy because the pepsi bezel was slightly out of alignment (it's a Seiko) he purchased an explorer bezel.

Somehow he watched a bad mod video which suggested he leave the bezel click spring on it when he fitted the explorer bezel (mistake) and now he says it's permanently stuck, he left a few little scratches to prove it's stuck. At this point he was well anoyed with Seiko and listed it for sale as his "money pit" surpisingly with a title like that no one wanted to buy it for only $200. He relisted it for sale too soon and the reddit mods deleted it but I saw it and given the parts he has added I made him an offer, it was a no brainer buy for only $170.

It was waiting for me tonight when I got back home.

Bezel is stuck and it would need a proper removal tool not just a knife, but the movement keeps perfect time and it looks nice. Maybe if it bothers me enough I will send if off and have the bezel done properly but for now it's a nice SKX explorer mod with an upgraded movement and crown.

Enjoyed this post! Great deal on the SKX.

You'll get that off for sure, it's just an interference fit can't see how click spring would make a huge difference, if anything it'll help push it up creating a gap to get a lever in. Looks like you'd get a standard sharp pry tool in at 5 o clock where he already made a sack of it. Get a chinese one of these for $2 on eBay.

Professional-Watch-Pry-Tool-Stainless-Steel-Picking-Tools-Crowbar-Pry-Bars-for-Watch-iPad-Cellphone-MP3.jpg_q50.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

Automotive trim removal tools are ideal for bezels, their plastic so they wont scratch the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Cyclingtourist

Mr Tayto says I should be giving more wrist time to my old friend the Titanium Citizen Eco-Drive E111K006368. Like myself it's got a few scratches but still going strong.

527297.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 22 shano76

"Mr Tayto says I should be giving more wrist time to my old friend the Titanium Citizen Eco-Drive E111K006368. Like myself it's got a few scratches but still going strong."

I'm a big fan of Citizen. Have a few of them myself (Promaster auto diver, Radio-Controlled Chrono, Eco-Drive chrono/field etc..) & love them - some great watches in their line ups over the years but very under rated I think! And they can take a beating! Well wear!

^ Love the Shogun. I had one that I modded with a domed saphire crystal. It was probably my most reluctant sale, especially as, like yours, mine was pre-Prospex branding. I don't think that logo improved the dial one bit. Quite the opposite. The money went into my Snowflake so on balance I was pretty happy, but in retrospect I should have held onto the Shogun too.

Very handsome watch. I agree with your previous comments regarding the OEM strap - it's unbelievably bad. I used to wear mine a lot on a 22mm Isofrane, which was v comfortable, and also a 22mm olive green rubber Nato, which I thought looked great.

I found the bracelet to be just about ok. Comfort was great, but the fit and finish was pretty loose for the price point. Mine had very noticeable gaps between bracelet and case at the lugs. The clasp being the 'standard' stamped Seiko clasp was also somewhat of a let down, although those clasps have certainly never failed on me.

That said, the bracelet was very, very comfortable and looked sharp on the wrist. They are a great watch.

Today I have my SBDX001 MM300 on. My first "highish end" Seiko. I absolutely love it. I have it at least 10 years now (guess - maybe 12). It was incredibly good value, especially as it arrived without any delay, brand new in box, unopened.

wUldctp.jpg

edit : apols for dust/smudges in this Q&D pic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭somebody_else

And now something from China.
    Copiage of Aqua Terra from Omega.

That looks very good. Any link? I find decent Chinese homages quite helpful if you want to see how a watch looks on your wrist. To see if the style and the size suits you. If it does, buy the real one (or start saving for it)

If not, you only spent beer money. No big deal. In either case, just sell the Chinese watch on to the next man. Will cost you the price of a few pints in the pub, that you now can't buy anymore anyway, so we're all loaded :p

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭somebody_else

unkel wrote: »
    That looks very good. Any link? I find decent Chinese homages quite helpful if you want to see how a watch looks on your wrist. To see if the style and the size suits you. If it does, buy the real one (or start saving for it)

If not, you only spent beer money. No big deal. In either case, just sell the Chinese watch on to the next man. Will cost you the price of a few pints in the pub, that you now can't buy anymore anyway, so we're all loaded :p

Hi
    Corgeut 41mm men clock
    https://a.aliexpress.com/_mOlhLJH

I opted for a Chinese movement instead of Miyota (to save few euro and to check it out).
    Running around +15 sec per day so far.

Rotor is, how to say - a bit noisy but I like it.

And it doesn't wear as 41mm - feels smaller.

Tom

Playing with my Ball this morning and the macro on my phone.

IMG-20200925-135156.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Fitz II

hitemfrank wrote: »
    Playing with my Ball this morning and the macro on my phone.

tenor.gif?itemid=16204212

Fitz II wrote: »
    *gif removal*

I was hoping for a Kenneth Williams based response with the phrasing I used :D

Thank you for obliging.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭wersal gummage

ecoli3136 wrote: »
    ^
    Today I have my SBDX001 MM300 on.

If I'm not mixing you up with someone else, you have a lovely collection of watches, or is that a collection of lovely watches.

Grand Seikos etc?

I have my eye on a mm300, ideally one like yours and not the newer prospex branding. If selling prices on chrono24 remotely resemble asking prices they are a very expensive watch.

How does it wear? Could you wear it with a suit / under a shirt?

Hi
    Corgeut 41mm men clock
    https://a.aliexpress.com/_mOlhLJH

Your picture looks much better than the ones in that link!

What was in the post today? :)

527465.jpg

Classy watch, big at 45mm and not thin either, but I think it fits my 7.5" wrist well. Haven't worn a leather strap for a while, reminds me it's very hard to beat

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Hamilton make some very nice watches alright and like brands like Longines are at about the same price range that mid range luxury watches(Omega, Rolex, Zenith et al) used to be back in the day before the Swiss marketing machine and gouging came along.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement