Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irish bloggers..the truth coming out

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭AdrianBalboa

bigpink wrote: »
    Hours labouring over content?A pic or a selfie or talking into a phone

Yeah and wedding photographers just hold up a camera and take a snap, yeah? At least they get paid.

You should “check out” the Radio forum, A.

Dr. Ciara Kelly gets dog’s abuse. Along with the likes of Mairead Ronan and Lottie Ryan.

There’s no amount of dogs abuse enough for Kelly. She’s a hack of the highest order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

I’m talking about Boards.ie. Another discussion in this forum has to do with abusing Laura Whitmore for trying to earn a crust.

So you choose to ignore the women who are critical of bloggers because it doesn’t fit your narrative.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 2,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chorcai

Olivia Bowen #2 The names Olivia Bowen, interior designer.No,not really so here's my vagina
    The thread titles are the best

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Dr. Ciara Kelly gets dog’s abuse. Along with the likes of Mairead Ronan and Lottie Ryan.

Maeve Higgins, Alison Spittle, and every other Irish female comedian as well on the various comedy threads. There’s a serious waft of misogyny from a relatively small cohort of angry men around here.

• Advertisement

Maeve Higgins, Alison Spittle, and every other Irish female comedian as well on the various comedy threads. There’s a serious waft of misogyny from a relatively small cohort of angry men around here.

That’s absolute rubbish. People, both sexes, are slated if they’re terrible. The way it’s always been.

I wonder whether many women consider Alison Spittle funny?

It’s typical of the Patriarchy that only judges women on their looks: the women who aren’t judged to be conventionally beautiful are judged too harshly in a manner no man would ever be judged and women who are considered to be conventionally beautiful who post on social media are deemed to be whores or slappers.

It’s typical of the Patriarchy that only judges women on their looks: the women who aren’t judged to be conventionally beautiful are judged too harshly in a manner no man would ever be judged and women who are considered to be conventionally beautiful who post on social media are deemed to be whores or slappers.

Yes because women never judge other women. Any if they do, it is internalised patriarchy, right?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

.as much as I'd like to read through a 37 page thread of women bitching,
    Not women C, Chicks(tm). The feminine version of Bros(tm)*. Both thick as bottled pigsh1te. Their brains only function is to keep their ears apart. I read the first page and jesus I got an itch in the centre of my brain. Like a creeping lobotomy.

Though I often don't agree with the bugger, he's often more right than wrong and nails it here.
    It's amazing how if you don't pay any attention to these people then they really don't bother you.

*their shtick tends to be found on weightlifting forums and the like where they don't actually lift anything, but swear they are/starting, the "Paleo diet" a big plus along with other snakeoil BroScience(tm), and Chicks(tm) and how to get one and type things like "lol" and "no homo" a lot.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,526 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

I wonder whether many women consider Alison Spittle funny?

I’d say a fair few enjoyed her tv show ‘Nowhere Fast’, it was decent enough.

Although, I’m sure there’ll be a few along give the “credit” to her, male, co-writing partner.

The tide is turning…

Yes because women never judge other women. Any if they do, it is internalised patriarchy, right?

Women do judge other women, often by standards determined by the Patriarchy, yes. It’s internalised misogyny.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭KaneToad

As does Ray Darcy. And the person who gets most abuse is Joe Duffy.

There isn't always a gender agenda.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

I said bloggers that includes males and females

KaneToad wrote: »

They’re conveniently left out though. Doesn’t suit the agenda.

Women do judge other women, often by standards determined by the Patriarchy, yes. It’s internalised misogyny.

Tripe. Utter tripe.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭cal naughton

Don't forget Tubridy!

Sarah McInerney gets a lot of praise and rightly so as she is doing a terrific job.

So it's very lazy of that poster to bring gender into it.

Tripe. Utter tripe.

The overwhelming majority of criticism aimed towards female public figures is based on their looks or by using gender-specific slurs.

Don't forget Tubridy!

Sarah McInerney gets a lot of praise and rightly so as she is doing a terrific job.

So it's very lazy of that poster to bring gender into it.

If you mean Rocky’s wife, she mentions patriarchy or misogyny in ever second post.

Wibbs wrote: »
    Not women C, Chicks(tm). The feminine version of Bros(tm)*. Both thick as bottled pigsh1te. Their brains only function is to keep their ears apart. I read the first page and jesus I got an itch in the centre of my brain. Like a creeping lobotomy.

Though I often don't agree with the bugger, he's often more right than wrong and nails it here.

*their shtick tends to be found on weightlifting forums and the like where they don't actually lift anything, but swear they are/starting, the "Paleo diet" a big plus along with other snakeoil BroScience(tm), and Chicks(tm) and how to get one and type things like "lol" and "no homo" a lot.

Yeah and you’re so smart?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

If only we knew then that talking shïte in public would become a paying profession in 20 years.
    Fuck! I'm missing a trick here G. :eek:
    It’s typical of the Patriarchy...
    Here we go... The *drumroll* Patriarchy. *rolls up sleeves* Though unusually for a school night I've necked a glass of a perky Bordeaux and intend to take another and likely a third as the second takes away my resolve such as it is, so maybe not...

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,836 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Irish begrudgery is a myth.

Current "feminism" in a nutshell(triggering)*: Women are always agentless victims and it's always Mens/The Patriarchy's fault**.

*Clamshell?

**Swap out women and men and it works for every single identity politic you care to mention, No matter the political compass.

Yeah and you’re so smart?
    Smart enough to know when my stupidity takes over and try to at least attempt to hide my ignorance.

Rothko wrote: »
    Irish begrudgery is a myth.
    It's certainly not limited to these shores.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭JasonStatham

Man, I thought this was AH not America.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Lads, are you seriously saying that a man posted this:

“Oh Jesus those knockoff bags, can’t believe people are allowed to promote stuff that’s clearly a knockoff. You can tell it’s cheap tatt you’d find down a market somewhere”

JohnnyFlash just loves saying ''angry men'' over and over again and has a little tickle in his belly when EmmetSpiceland thanks it, which is always.

It's a gimmick at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭mikeym

Us Irish love a good bitch and moan.

I do hate influencers/bloggers they crave attention 24/7.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

What idiot thought people reviewing free stuff would give us honest reviews. Their only qualifications being their looks or the fact they pretend struggle with the same issues as the idiots watching them.

And now they play up to teenagers claiming sexism or some plop to give their fans a cause to fight.

Fools and their money are easily parted, tv shows used to tell idiots what they needed to buy. The products from the companies who paid the tv shows. Its just a new way to take money from idiots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

What idiot thought people reviewing free stuff would give us honest reviews. Their only qualifications being theor looks or the fact they pretend struggle with yhe same issues as the idiots watching them.

And now they play up to teenagers claiming sexism or some plop to give their fams a cause to fight.

Fools and their money are easily parted, tv shows used to tell idiots what they needed to buy. The products from the companies who paid the tv shows. Its just a new way to take money from idiots.

I'm pretty sure you've just described advertising, in a few different forms, but all the same thing really.

Advertisement