Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Earphones

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭corkie

Cheap AptX supported earbuds <<<< Of interest to anyone?

S6 Wireless Stereo Bluetooth Earbuds Sports Earphone (incl. AptX support?)
    Coupon Code: FREE0601ALL01 ---> €1.49 Postage Only

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSFyQ1nb0QP9M-O8zQJWThjnbVT59PE5GTblDpPmQttAqKA4F39dg

"He tasks me. He tasks me and I shall have him! I'll chase him round the moons of Nibia and round the Antares maelstrom and round perdition's flames before I give him up!" - Khan quoting Moby Dick (Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

corkie wrote: »

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSFyQ1nb0QP9M-O8zQJWThjnbVT59PE5GTblDpPmQttAqKA4F39dg

Purchased! At eur1.50 it's worth it for curiosity value! Will find out in up to 40 days!

I7s Plus TWS Bluetooth 4.2 Earbuds Stereo Earphones with Charging Case

€6.60 €10.73 Promotional Price Free Shipping

i7s_plus_tws_bluetooth_4.2_earbuds_stereo_earphones_with_charging_case_zp3020580601486_1_.jpg

Don't really need these and don't like the apple style of them. But worth it at this price point. See them else where for up $14.

Already order the cheap pair from previous post, and already own QCY Q29 Pro and Mpow Swift.

"He tasks me. He tasks me and I shall have him! I'll chase him round the moons of Nibia and round the Antares maelstrom and round perdition's flames before I give him up!" - Khan quoting Moby Dick (Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

What's the general consensus on these I7 TWS sound and quality wise? I know they're cheap enough to take a punt but I've enough AliExpress stuff lying around I took a gamble on.

aaronm13 wrote: »
    What's the general consensus on these I7 TWS sound and quality wise? I know they're cheap enough to take a punt but I've enough AliExpress stuff lying around I took a gamble on.

Could not find a review of that particular brand/version.

Here is a review of similar without charging box.

I let you know, in up to 40 days, when they eventually arrive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Could not find a review of that particular brand/version.

Here is a review of similar without charging box.

I let you know, in up to 40 days, when they eventually arrive.
    Thanks for the link to the review. Might give them a miss for now but please post your own view of them when you get them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Got them a while ago. Sound is perfectly fine. Use them while on the bike or in the garden. They fit snug, don't fall out and are not too big.

Main issue is battery power. 1 side only lasts 1hr max, the other 2-3hrs. It's not the worst as on the bike I only use 1 side at a time but would be very annoying if you want to use both at the same time.

For that price, go for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,956 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Just bought them because I was curious about them.
    I find they have too much treble, not enough bass, tinny sound. Also find the battery life a bit short on one side, although maybe didn't charge them enough yet. They're a bit long, I don't really like they look of them. The commands they play in your ear like "next song" "power off" are a bit loud. I don't like the bright leds. Blue flash from them every few seconds, I might take them apart (they open up easy enough) and try modify them just for fun but if battery life is this short they might not be any good for much.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

took a punt, For €5..

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbNA6m0vTY6cn4t3NXFnqAaXtpXZiR3OFVzbJ-96QjpBox7hUa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭WIZWEB

MAJJ wrote: »
    Folks, I mentioned earlier about Anker soundbuds, mine broke recently as the earbuds detached and then internal wires snapped. I emailed Anker support and they have an 18 month warranty and are shipping out a new set without any hesitation. I have a number of their products and they have impressed me and the customer service is excellent.

Have to agree Anker have amazing customer service. Bought a pair off Amazon. Unfortunately water (my gym sweat) got in and fried them. Emailed Anker and they issued a full refund straight away just on my word alone.

Zapals order from June 3
    Shipped on 6th June
    Arrived today 26th.

Cheap crap, very light weight, short cable and no AptX Support.

Handy as a backup, I suppose.

Edit: - Sound is fine from them, okay volume range, an hour and 45 mins of music.

Looks favorable for a soon delivery of the €6.60 Airpod Clones.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭Ryath

Got these last week for €26 delivered no free delivery this week so cost €30 now. I’m very happy with them very good for the price. Most secure in ear headphones I’ve used. Sound is decent for Bluetooth and battery life is very good. They’ve got a lot of use this week as been working so much outside.

https://en.creative.com/p/headphones-headsets/creative-outlier-one

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Ryath wrote: »
    Got these last week for €26 delivered no free delivery this week so cost €30 now. I’m very happy with them very good for the price. Most secure in ear headphones I’ve used. Sound is decent for Bluetooth and battery life is very good. They’ve got a lot of use this week as been working so much outside.

https://en.creative.com/p/headphones-headsets/creative-outlier-one

There is/was a 35% off discount on selected products with code SUMMERSW35 at checkout.

Although on both Outlier versions, there seems to be 35% off already. Those ones and these:

https://en.creative.com/p/headphones-headsets/creative-outlier-black

I haven't tried either, think i will take a punt on the in-ear ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Sasso

The I7s are muck. Connectivity is brutal. Music stop start and constant interruption. Perhaps I got bogey pair but the battery life is a definite negative anyway. All his coupled with multiple emails arguing about a refund didn't help with Zapals trying to make me jump through hoops to prove fault. Mine are gone in the bin.
    All in all I suggest avoid. Stick to reputable brands like Creative above.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭fuse

Been using these for a while now.

AUKEY Latitude Bluetooth Earphones
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Latitude-Bluetooth-Headphones-Earphones-Sweat-Resistant-black/dp/B06XWSXGDK/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1530048887&sr=8-3&keywords=aukey+wireless+earphones

Great value, good sound quality, reliable and good battery life

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Anyone know whether these come as singles? I'm half deaf and ordinary earphones are mostly useless to me especially for music (certain audio being sent to one or the other ear bud).

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭fuse

jaxxx wrote: »
    Anyone know whether these come as singles? I'm half deaf and ordinary earphones are mostly useless to me especially for music (certain audio being sent to one or the other ear bud).

Something like this?
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Avantree-Bluetooth-Audiobooks-Headphone-Invisible-Apico/dp/B01LWYU5EF/ref=sr_1_22?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1530049222&sr=1-22&keywords=bluetooth+audio+earpiece

I have two versions of the S530 (single ear piece), they are cheap but some not as good as others. Paid around €5 a few years ago for one and another recently for approx €2. Charging cable started showing wires on the first one.

https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=200216593&initiative_id=AS_20180626134742&SearchText=s530

There is a crowd or a range called 1-bud that make stereo single earphones. I am not sure if they make wireless yet, but you could get one of the wireless adapters mentioned in post 5 and from post 69 onwards there are a few, e.g. Post 80

Edited
    https://www.scansound.com/earphones/single-ear-stereo-earphones
    https://farendgear.com/xdu/default.php

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,795 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I am looking for Bluetooth headphones with a mic for phone use. I need the sort that rest loosely in the ear (like Apple) & not the plug type. Has anyone seen any?

Discodog wrote: »
    I am looking for Bluetooth headphones with a mic for phone use. I need the sort that rest loosely in the ear (like Apple) & not the plug type. Has anyone seen any?

I think they all have a mic in them.

They should say in the description if they have a microphone.
    Most or all of the ones mentioned so far have a mic.

Suckit wrote: »
    I think they all have a mic in them.

They should say in the description if they have a microphone.
    Most or all of the ones mentioned so far have a mic.

The problem is that most are the plug in the ear, noise isolation type, which I find uncomfortable. I prefer the Apple type that just rest in the ear.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Evil_g

The problem is that most are the plug in the ear, noise isolation type, which I find uncomfortable. I prefer the Apple type that just rest in the ear.

My wife is the same. I think your choices are pretty limited, but I got her a set of these a few weeks ago.

The sound isn't exactly audiophile quality (for that price nothing will be), but she finds them comfortable, and the mic works fine.

Evil_g wrote: »
    My wife is the same. I think your choices are pretty limited, but I got her a set of these a few weeks ago.

The sound isn't exactly audiophile quality (for that price nothing will be), but she finds them comfortable, and the mic works fine.

You're right about the limited choice. The Philips have bad reviews on Amazon mainly for reliability

Ah, I get ya.
    Yeah, I think they are harder to come across in True Wireless. The only ones that really seem to be similar are usually not great (that I have found).

JVC were apparently bringing out a pair that somebody somewhere leaked, but I never heard anything more. Erato were another crowd that were mentioned but there doesn't seem to be any more mention of them.

Ones that I have seen mentioned before but I have never tried are the HBQ I8 Wireless, which are the newer version of the HBQ i7 TWS
    and the RyuGo earphones. Weirdly when I was looking for the RyuGo they seem to have gone up in price by more than $20.

I wouldn't mind a wire around the back as the individual ones all seem to suffer poor battery life. The ones on Ali look good but no independent reviews. JVC make lots of rest in ear wired phones & I really like them but all the wireless ones are the earplug type

The ones with a carry case are often recharged while in the case.
    They may not have the best battery for a continuous single use, but if you are stopping you can recharge between uses, which is handy.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

40% off soungmagiv e10bt (usually £60 image is wrong), my friend has them. Awesome sound and 12 hour battery life, was trying them out last night and bought some for myself today. Have had Soundmagic in the past and they are always really good. Full price with parcel motel is £35.99 + £3.99 shipping + €3.50 parcel motel. Bout £43 all in. I used revolut for no currency charges.

puqpLAQl.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement