Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

08-08-2020, 17:17   #331
SPDUB

Quote:
Originally Posted by VG31 View Post
An Post have taken at least two days to deliver all my Amazon orders in the last two weeks.

There were flawless in delivering the next working day before in my experience. Even if a package arrived in the Dublin Parcel Hub between 12 and 4 am it would be delivered that day.
Lots of staff on leave at the moment and while temporary staff have been taken on they're not as efficient as the regular staff
Advertisement
15-08-2020, 09:11   #332
waterfaerie

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterfaerie View Post
I have a parcel that apparently left France on the 17th of July. Does anyone think I should be worried by now? I'm not sure when I should start chasing it up.
Just to follow up on this in case anyone else is wondering. I did chase it up and there was a problem on Colissimo's end. Once the shop got on to them they scanned it as exported again and I received it exactly one week after that. The An Post tracking didn't update until the day I got it.
15-08-2020, 09:29   #333
yosser hughes

Received a letter yesterday posted in Cork last Saturday. Another letter posted from the UK THREE weeks ago arrived yesterday.
That's a fairly poor service.
15-08-2020, 09:42   #334
Mrcaramelchoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterfaerie View Post
Just to follow up on this in case anyone else is wondering. I did chase it up and there was a problem on Colissimo's end. Once the shop got on to them they scanned it as exported again and I received it exactly one week after that. The An Post tracking didn't update until the day I got it.
So it wasn't an post s fault the package was delayed?
15-08-2020, 09:56   #335
waterfaerie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrcaramelchoc View Post
So it wasn't an post s fault the package was delayed?
No, it wasn't, it was Colissimo. They had it scanned as having left France but it didn't actually go anywhere. I contacted the shop who contacted Colissimo. Colissimo scanned it again and then it actually left France.

An Post clearly processed it immediately once it got here. The first scan in Ireland was in the early hours of the morning and I got it that day. That was exactly one week after the last scan in France, which is quite normal I think, or maybe even a bit faster than normal.
Advertisement
15-08-2020, 11:56   #336
WestWicklow1

Registered package going to Germany took three days to get from the post office to DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE, DUBLIN 12

15 August 2020 04:31 - Your delivery is in DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE, DUBLIN 12

12 August 2020 12:50 - Your post was accepted in xxxxxx, CO WICKLOW
15-08-2020, 12:46   #337
aaronm13

My insurance renewal was posted on the 9th of July and I just got it on Thursday. A whole month is a total joke from one part of Dublin to another.
15-08-2020, 15:48   #338
SPDUB

Quote:
Originally Posted by yosser hughes View Post
Received a letter yesterday posted in Cork last Saturday
Still not good but it wouldn't have moved until Monday afternoon since there are no collections anywhere till then .
17-08-2020, 13:00   #339
eiei0

Anyone know what packages from Eastern Europe are traveling like these days is there still a big delay, last one took 4 months to arrive, I have a few small ones on route and hoping that they have it back to some sort of normal timeframe,
Advertisement
18-08-2020, 15:14   #340
WestWicklow1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestWicklow1 View Post
Registered package going to Germany took three days to get from the post office to DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE, DUBLIN 12

15 August 2020 04:31 - Your delivery is in DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE, DUBLIN 12

12 August 2020 12:50 - Your post was accepted in xxxxxx, CO WICKLOW
An update......

It took five days before leaving Ireland.

17 August 2020 21:10 Your post has left An Post PORTLAOISE MAIL CENTRE, CO LAOIS

17 August 2020 07:34 Your delivery has been sorted in DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE, DUBLIN 12

16 August 2020 10:46 We could not deliver your post. We will try to return it to the sender. DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE, DUBLIN 12

15 August 2020 04:31 Your delivery is in DUBLIN MAIL CENTRE, DUBLIN 12

12 August 2020 12:50 Your post was accepted in xxxxxx, CO WICKLOW

An Post webchat will only say it's a misscan and it has left Ireland and is not being returned. Their website says...

€15.00
3 - 5 working days
High Quality Post
Secure Delivery
Track your item online
Signature
Inclusive Insurance up to €150

Interestingly, if you don't register it, it'll cost half the amount and get there in 2-3 days.
21-08-2020, 10:06   #341
Turquoise Hexagon Sun

2nd delay in about 2 weeks. Both delayed at Crumlin D12 depot. The parcel arrives there. And just sits there.

Im not normally one to complain but Im going to keep complaining to Amazon and now im thinking of complaining directly to An Post.

The first time was frustrating as they thought they lost my parcel. Amazon suggested a refund. Then the parcel arrived. And I have to go through the bother of sending it back as I bought another item.

Now, this week again. Delays at the same depot. The parcel gets there swiftly from the UK but its now in Crumlin longer than it was travelling from the UK.

I used to think An Post service was pretty good. Now ive a different view of them.
21-08-2020, 10:20   #342
odyssey06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turquoise Hexagon Sun View Post
2nd delay in about 2 weeks. Both delayed at Crumlin D12 depot. The parcel arrives there. And just sits there.
In D3 Amazon orders via Post orders are coming ahead of expected timelines to me.
Also stuff from Arnotts via An Post.

Unfortunately, looks like it's an issue with your area.
Thanks from:
21-08-2020, 10:43   #343
VG31

Quote:
The tracking doesn't show when it arrives at your local delivery depot. The problem is likely there.
21-08-2020, 20:25   #344
WestWicklow1

Quote:
Im not normally one to complain but Im going to keep complaining to Amazon and now im thinking of complaining directly to An Post.
Believe me, you will be better doing something into the wind than complaining to An Post. They are a law onto themselves and they don't give a fiddlers about complaints or complainers. I am a complainer.
Thanks from:
23-08-2020, 16:30   #345
Turquoise Hexagon Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by odyssey06 View Post
In D3 Amazon orders via Post orders are coming ahead of expected timelines to me.
Also stuff from Arnotts via An Post.

Unfortunately, looks like it's an issue with your area.
This was the case a few times for me (I'm just near D3). And I let them know and left positive reviews as I was delighted with the service.

But I would forfeit early deliveries if the services were just consistent and reliable.

@VG31: Ah, OK. So they go to another local sorting office again? OK, makes sense.

@WestWicklow1: It's a pain all right. I'm trying to pressure Amazon in the hope they pressure their carriers.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion