Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

CamperVan Evaluation Kilkenny

Options
  • 07-08-2020 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello,

I am hoping to buy out first campervan. The van looks lovely and well cared for bus as I know nothing about them i would like to get a Mechanic who is familiar with motorhomes to vet it before I purchase. The Van is in Kilkenny, can any one recommend someone that could look at this for me. I saw a place called Bridge Motorhomes but any review on here was from 2003 so that was a while ago, Any one any experience with these and if I should go with these?

Any help greatly appreciated. I would love to be able to get it checked out in the next week.

Thanks a million, Sharon :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Flipperdipper

Any mechanic should be well able to check out the all the mechanical items the same as a normal van. As for stuff in the habitation area, cooker, water, heating, make sure you get a full demonstration of everything working. Your biggest problem is DAMP, DAMP, DAMP. It doesn't matter how good the engine is if you have damp inside you could be talking thousands to rectify it. There's a lot of cowboys out there so be careful don't part with any money until you're sure and be prepared to walk away, no matter how nice the motorhome looks. Sorry I can't recommend anyone, good luck with your search.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Aalana33

Any mechanic should be well able to check out the all the mechanical items the same as a normal van. As for stuff in the habitation area, cooker, water, heating, make sure you get a full demonstration of everything working. Your biggest problem is DAMP, DAMP, DAMP. It doesn't matter how good the engine is if you have damp inside you could be talking thousands to rectify it. There's a lot of cowboys out there so be careful don't part with any money until you're sure and be prepared to walk away, no matter how nice the motorhome looks. Sorry I can't recommend anyone, good luck with your search.

Thanks a mil for your response. I really appreciate that you took the time to reply. There is a damp cert and a gas check that was completed 2019 with the van and my Dad had a little damp meter and checked about the van and it seems to read ok (constant reading and no spikes on the number) on all areas he checked. Fingers crossed it all works out.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭eastie17

Aalana33 wrote: »
    Thanks a mil for your response. I really appreciate that you took the time to reply. There is a damp cert and a gas check that was completed 2019 with the van and my Dad had a little damp meter and checked about the van and it seems to read ok (constant reading and no spikes on the number) on all areas he checked. Fingers crossed it all works out.

There’s a really good fella in Mitchelstown, google Mitchelstown campervans. That’s about an hour from Kilkenny on the motorway, I’d say you’d have to bring it to him as he’s completely up the walls at the moment. Only boom area in the country from covid I think, camper van repair and sales

Advertisement