Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diploma in Cybersecurity Management vs Cybersecurity Risk & Compliance course

• 15-07-2020 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭

I have a Masters in IT along with several years experience in IT Support but would like to gain more skills in Cyber Security area. I am interested in the below two courses conducted via SpringBoard.

1. Post Graduate Diploma in Cybersecurity Management (Cork Institute of Technology)
    https://springboardcourses.ie/details/8365

2. Higher Diploma in Cybersecurity Risk & Compliance (Galway-Mayo Institute of Technology)
    https://springboardcourses.ie/details/8382

Any one has experience in doing one of these courses? Which one would you suggest? Any experience with the course providers?

Thanks...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Mc123

Hi just wondering about your experience in the world of IT and what masters you have as I'm thinking of doing a Hdip in computing, any infor would be helpful sorry for the question not having relevance to what you are looking for 😊
    Kind regards

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭TestLink

Better to do have a basic IT qualification and then specialize in one of the areas like coding, data analytics, cyber sec, networking etc

• Registered Users Posts: 17 sabinaspb

You could contact the university directly and ask to talk to the programme coordinator or someone from that faculty. I did that with another university (dcu) and found it really useful. You'll get the first impression from how they are dealing with prospective students too :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭TestLink

Mc123 wrote: »
    Hi just wondering about your experience in the world of IT and what masters you have as I'm thinking of doing a Hdip in computing, any infor would be helpful sorry for the question not having relevance to what you are looking for ��
    Kind regards

I have masters in Information Technology. Currently working in IT Support and would like to move to Cyber Security.

Advertisement