Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lads....Thurs Night!

Options
  • 09-11-2010 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭

Put this here as I kinda contribute here sometimes :)

something we have been keeping quiet starts on Thurs, RTE2 at 9pm f.ad.e St.ree.t (excuse the dots thats to mess up peoples searches as there are alot of haters already) they have been following us for about a year now and our lead singer has a small role in the show have no idea what it will be like but its loosly based on MTV Hills / MTV Real world.

We are playing the official launch tomorrow night to in Dublin, so is nice to have a bit of backing now hopefully RTE might have some muscle :)

The track we did with Paul and Joe will feature in the show as we recorded and mixed it around the time of the initial filming.

Keep an open mind.... we are :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

who's your singer? i know one of the girls on it, cici cavanagh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭krd

PMI wrote: »

something we have been keeping quiet starts on Thurs, RTE2 at 9pm f.ad.e St.ree.t (excuse the dots thats to mess up peoples searches as there are alot of haters already) they have been following us for about a year now and our lead singer has a small role in the show have no idea what it will be like but its loosly based on MTV Hills / MTV Real world.

We are playing the official launch tomorrow night to in Dublin, so is nice to have a bit of backing now hopefully RTE might have some muscle :)

The track we did with Paul and Joe will feature in the show as we recorded and mixed it around the time of the initial filming.

Keep an open mind.... we are :)

Hmmmm.

Is this going to be "i'd love to punch that f&&&ker in the face" television.

We will support you though. IF - you can get us in somewhere, where there's free food and drink.

Otherwise - we join the haters.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭splitrmx

http://tvsales.rte.ie/autumn/content/lifestyle/fade_street.html

"Inspired by shows like MTV's The Real World, The Hills, Peak Season and The City, which pioneered and evolved the reality genre, the show is based around real people and real situations."

Oh dear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭dav nagle

I did a track for the underground for the show, i'll be there tomorrow night with 7 girls pimpin it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭booooonzo

Ill prob watch this to laugh but it really looks like s**te beyond s**te!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

PMI wrote: »

something we have been keeping quiet starts on Thurs, RTE2 at 9pm f.ad.e St.ree.t (excuse the dots thats to mess up peoples searches as there are alot of haters already)

yes. that's right. write off the fact that anyone with an IQ over 85 will have their blood boiled by this sh1te as haters.

Pathetic rubbish, and no, the end doesn't justify the means.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Einstein

jtsuited wrote: »
    It does for the band that are already gigging almost 7 days a week.

No such thing as bad publicity in their case tbh...

Even though the show will most likely be pants...besta luck OP...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

Einstein wrote: »
    It does for the band that are already gigging almost 7 days a week.

No such thing as bad publicity in their case tbh...

I don't know…

prendeville.jpg

lol...

hence why I said "Their" case :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

yes. that's right. write off the fact that anyone with an IQ over 85 will have their blood boiled by this sh1te as haters.

+1
    i know work is work and if you get a name for yourselves by doing this show, fair play, from a personal point of view though id steer well clear from contributing anything, probably the reason why im broke:cool:!!

• Advertisement

I think you're all just jealous of the young beautiful people that will be on the show with all their new friends and rivalries.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Seziertisch

I think you're all just jealous of the young beautiful people that will be on the show with all their new friends and rivalries.

"If you stare into the Abyss long enough the Abyss will stare back at you"

Frederich Nietzsche

"If you stare into the Abyss long enough the Abyss will stare back at you"

Frederich Nietzsche

"Vinny's like my big brother, I love him.. but usually you don't have sex with your big brother."

Snooki

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭dav nagle

j90 were savage last night really good stuff, really pro sound, tight, well in lads thanks for a great night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Seziertisch

dav nagle wrote: »
    j90 were savage last night really good stuff, really pro sound, tight, well in lads thanks for a great night.

Did you see them play live or did you have sex with them?

watchin it. not too shabby to be honest. just some braindead light entertainment.. (although i just switched back to idiot abroad)

dunno why everyone is getting so agro about it :D

watchin it. not too shabby to be honest. just some braindead light entertainment.. (although i just switched back to idiot abroad)

dunno why everyone is getting so agro about it :D
    Cos its just the typical Irish attitude of slamming everything thats Irish made...Just like what's gonna happen when "Dublin Ink" starts...

nothin new for this site ;)

Cos its just the typical Irish attitude of slamming everything thats Irish made...Just like what's gonna happen when "Dublin Ink" starts...

bollocks of the highest order.

That fcukin abomination actually made the Hills look good.

When someone's doing something awful and is called out on it there are two reactions that often come out...

'Haters be hatin' and 'typical Irish begrudgery'.

Or maybe it's just the fact that when people do something so fcuking horrendous you lose the will to live while watching/listening/reading, they're just puttin more sh1t in the world for careerist pathetic ambitious reasons.

empirix wrote: »
    +1
    i know work is work and if you get a name for yourselves by doing this show, fair play, from a personal point of view though id steer well clear from contributing anything, probably the reason why im broke:cool:!!

To be honest, I absolutely cannot stand the 'fair play, not my thing, but fair play' attitude.
    It's that attitude that allows so much sh1te to be made.

If you wanna make money, deal drugs. Or turn tricks. Or do any of the other things more valuable to society than involving yourself in that absolute turgid mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

I honestly dont think Irish people want to look at rich kids living it up,might have been appealing in the good times but id imagine it might strike a sore point with people in todays economic climate(sorry for being all serious)

Im not gonna rag on the band involved but suffice to say I hate this sort of fabricated reality tv show.

Follow around some people who are struggling to get by,facing losing there house,just lost there job etc.
    Give those sorts of people a helping hand or a voice.Show people a way how to overcome these situations.

You know actual reality tv:)

• Advertisement

Or follow somebody with half an ounce of intelligence.

That'd be bloody revolutionary.

Just like what's gonna happen when "Dublin Ink" starts...
    Just on this
    I was a huge Miami Ink and Inked(not sure that it was on over here)So much so that i visited both tattoo shops.

I was actually pretty excited about London Ink especially after seeing and hearing that you simply cannot get good tattoo artists in Ireland(Im begining to agree)so i thought London would be an option t finish up what tattoos i had left to get

Now is it begrudging of me to call London Ink ****e?
    If Dublin Ink is ****e,its not begudging to say so

its just entertainment. not something i'd get too angry about :)

Ah i understand that and thats why i didnt say anything, but when people start calling people who dont like this sort of programming haters or begrudging it gets a bit annoying:)

I paid a license fee.
    Its not just entertainment though. It's reminding us of the amount of complete retards are out there, and worse, that they're actually the privileged in society.

seannash wrote: »
    you simply cannot get good tattoo artists in Ireland

ahh now theres plenty. some of the lads in celestial thru the years were great. karen russell and steve down in cork do some stunning work. karen is a real genuine artist, her paintings are weirdly wonderful.

ok there are definite cowboys but we have got a bit of talent :)

I paid a license fee.
    Its not just entertainment though. It's reminding us of the amount of complete retards are out there, and worse, that they're actually the privileged in society.

ok but there is a lot more to RTE's audience than just you ;)

I paid a license fee.

also dont believe alll you see on it. i know a girl on it and she's far from priviliged. a wannabe actress maybe but definitly not a priviledged retard.

ahh now theres plenty. some of the lads in celestial thru the years were great. karen russell and steve down in cork do some stunning work. karen is a real genuine artist, her paintings are weirdly wonderful.

ok there are definite cowboys but we have got a bit of talent :)
    Ive only ever seen bad work on anyone who got a tatto here.
    Anything intricate and the detail gets butchered.

Im generalising a bit i know and therell always be some talent out there but in my experience it hasnt been the case.

I met a tatto artist that owns quite a few sucessful shops in cork and tipperary and his portfolio is shocking.
    Seems like if you stray from a tiger on your shoulder or celtic cross youll find it hard.

Saying that i realise i was spoilt for good tattoo artists in NY so my view is a little jaded:)

• Advertisement

also dont believe alll you see on it. i know a girl on it and she's far from priviliged. a wannabe actress maybe but definitly not a priviledged retard.
    Im just curious but are they showing her "real life" or are they setting her up with a glamourous life.

Im sure any wannabe actress would jump at the chance for the show so i can see why she would do it but its the reality aspect i have a problem with.

No doubt my younger sister will love it though:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement