Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Collaboration

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Jabel

Full track in dropbox now.
    Added a small bit of piano too.
    Song builds towards end then quietens for last vocal line.
    Cheers
    J

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭ZV Yoda

Good stuff... I'll download the full version this evening & hopefully get some drums posted up tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Rockshamrover

I'm trying to drag the guitar track into Logic and I get the following error message, "The audio file “Rage Guitar&Vocals.wav” has a 32 bit format and can’t be used."

Any ideas?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭woodsdenis

I'm trying to drag the guitar track into Logic and I get the following error message, "The audio file “Rage Guitar&Vocals.wav” has a 32 bit format and can’t be used."

Any ideas?

Thanks

Could be a Logic freeze file :confused:

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

Does your system support 32 bit files?

That's not a given.

• Advertisement

Guys
    I saved the file back to 24bit, it's uploading now.
    Hopefully you can use this one.
    Cheers
    J

Cubase 5 song.

Hi Denis and Chris,
    Thanks for the responses. I've never imported stuff into Logic before so maybe it's just the way I'm trying to do it or maybe the original file is not logic file or compatible with Logic.

Jabel will no doubt confirm all soon. (He just did)

I think Logic is 16 bit and or 24 bit so maybe that's the issue.

Is there anyway to convert a 32bit file to a lower bit?

Hi folks, I am in the middle of updating my take on the song to Dropbox.

I just did some drums, bass and a bit of guitar at the intro. All first takes and may not be the direction you were thinking of Jabel, Electro grunge with industrial metal and a dash of ambient jazz:D

Be gentle on me.

Hi Denis and Chris,
    Thanks for the responses. I've never imported stuff into Logic before so maybe it's just the way I'm trying to do it or maybe the original file is not logic file or compatible with Logic.

Jabel will no doubt confirm all soon. (He just did)

I think Logic is 16 bit and or 24 bit so maybe that's the issue.

Is there anyway to convert a 32bit file to a lower bit?

Sure there is, but you'll be doing it with every file. You should just ask the generator of the file to bump it down to 24 or else he'll also be converting back.

In other words move the project to 16 or 24. No need to fo something like this at 32. And is this 44.1/32.... Seems especially pointless to me.

MilanPan!c wrote: »
    Sure there is, but you'll be doing it with every file. You should just ask the generator of the file to bump it down to 24 or else he'll also be converting back.

In other words move the project to 16 or 24. No need to fo something like this at 32. And is this 44.1/32.... Seems especially pointless to me.

Chris,

JAbel put up a 24 version a few days ago so all is well now.

Thanks

Rock

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭henessjon

Hi folks, I am in the middle of updating my take on the song to Dropbox.

I just did some drums, bass and a bit of guitar at the intro. All first takes and may not be the direction you were thinking of Jabel, Electro grunge with industrial metal and a dash of ambient jazz:D

Be gentle on me.

caveat
    my opinion - my personal taste - on content only

ok i listened the drums i like, the bass is not for me

so a general question how are we going to collaborate how can i cherry pick the bits for my version?

i see rockshamrover put a single file up?

i would like the collab files put up individually

henessjon wrote: »
    caveat
    my opinion - my personal taste - on content only

ok i listened the drums i like, the bass is not for me

so a general question how are we going to collaborate how can i cherry pick the bits for my version?

i see rockshamrover put a single file up?

i would like the collab files put up individually

Good question. I wasn't too sure how this thing was going to be done. I assumed we'd all throw up ideas and then decide which direction the song should take. I find it hard just to do one element hence my thing.

Maybe we could all throw up a rough overall idea and then cherry pick from that.

How does that sound?

Good question. I wasn't too sure how this thing was going to be done. I assumed we'd all throw up ideas and then decide which direction the song should take. I find it hard just to do one element hence my thing.

Maybe we could all throw up a rough overall idea and then cherry pick from that.

How does that sound?

ok I already asked jabel about separating out certain pieces ..

I can put some sketch ideas up but there is a problem generally with deciding by committeeee...

My opinion is that everything goes up and user decides... but Im no drummer ,,,,

or is the idea that we sketch the ideas and then redo everything to the end product using same files after doing "the canned take"

apologies if im not explaining properly in good english

ok I already asked jabel about separating out certain pieces ..

I can put some sketch ideas up but there is a problem generally with deciding by committeeee...

My opinion is that everything goes up and user decides... but Im no drummer ,,,,

or is the idea that we sketch the ideas and then redo everything to the end product using same files after doing "the canned take"

apologies if im not explaining properly in good english

I like the idea of everything going up and then mixing and matching to your own personal taste.

We could then all post our final mixes of the finished track.

I think putting up seperate files for each instrument is the way to go alright.
    I put up a combined file to start as an overall guide of sorts and thought people would re-record everything, (I didn't feel some parts of guitar and/or vocals were good enough) but no matter.
    I'll upload seperate files of guitar, vox & piano as soon as I can.
    Space will get tight with only 2gb on Dropbox so it might be prudent to 'stuff' or 'zip' files before uploading.
    Rock, I had a listen to your piece (it's a strange experience hearing a different take on your song, but a good one!) and liked the drums and guitar at the start but wasn't keen on the bass - sorry!
    This will be fun and I can't wait to hear the other stuff the guys are working on. Creating a few different mixes will be great.
    Cheers
    J

Jabel wrote: »
    I think putting up seperate files for each instrument is the way to go alright.
    I put up a combined file to start as an overall guide of sorts and thought people would re-record everything, (I didn't feel some parts of guitar and/or vocals were good enough) but no matter.
    I'll upload seperate files of guitar, vox & piano as soon as I can.
    Space will get tight with only 2gb on Dropbox so it might be prudent to 'stuff' or 'zip' files before uploading.
    Rock, I had a listen to your piece (it's a strange experience hearing a different take on your song, but a good one!) and liked the drums and guitar at the start but wasn't keen on the bass - sorry!
    This will be fun and I can't wait to hear the other stuff the guys are working on. Creating a few different mixes will be great.
    Cheers
    J

As Meatloaf once said "two out of three aint bad".

I'm glad you liked the drums and guitar. I'll have another go at the bass:D

Rock

I just uploaded a section of the drums to save space. You can copy and paste if you want to use it.

Same for guitar intro. Sounds a bit noisy on it's own but it'll be alright in the mix:D

You can dump the earlier yoke which includes the dodgy bass.

I just uploaded a section of the drums to save space. You can copy and paste if you want to use it.

Same for guitar intro. Sounds a bit noisy on it's own but it'll be alright in the mix:D

You can dump the earlier yoke which includes the dodgy bass.

rock sham I would still like you to put the bass up even if its replaced at a later date

I will put something up tomorrow night probably bass, guitar and vox of some sort

if it gets heavy on the dropbox load we can send a link to download via yousendit

in fact i would prefer that every one involved can use the link for 7 days,

rock sham I would still like you to put the bass up even if its replaced at a later date

I will put something up tomorrow night probably bass, guitar and vox of some sort

if it gets heavy on the dropbox load we can send a link to download via yousendit

in fact i would prefer that every one involved can use the link for 7 days,

I've already dumped the bass track. I will have another go at it this evening.

When you guys want outside feedback, PM me and I'll be honest in a nice way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Wheres the drop box at lads? I wanna go. :)

studiorat wrote: »
    Wheres the drop box at lads? I wanna go. :)

PM, JABEL HE WILL SEND YOU INVITE

I've been offline for a few days but I'll throw up some drums tonight. Might do some percussion too if I get time. In the interests of saving storage space, I'll just put up a stereo wav file of the full drums for now. I can stick up individual drums tracks too if space permits later for final mixing.

Lads
    Can you all identify your files with your Boards name (or an abbreviation of it). That way we'll know who has put up what, if you know what I mean.
    I'll take out the earlier files after I upload the seperate tracks. I wonder is it possible to put up an OMF song file to help? Have never done that sort of thing, if anyone has experience please share.
    Cheers
    J

I assumed "Rage Full song Guitar & vox 24bit.wav" was the full basic song, so I recorded my drums & percussion to that version at 118BPM.

I didn't play anything over the first few bars, but I bounced the files from the start of my Pro Tools session, so you should be able to drop them right into the start of your session & they should all line up. I've uploaded 3 zipped files to the Dropbox.

1. "Rage drums perc Yoda Mar 1.zip" is a stereo wav bounce of my drums & percussion. I've processed this one a bit already.
    2. "Yoda's drums.zip" contains the raw stems of each drum track
    3. "Yoda's perc.zip" contains the raw stems of the 3 x percussion tracks (Tamb, shaker & congas)

Use 1 if you just want a basic rhythm track to play against. Use 2 & 3 if you want to mix/process the individual tracks yourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

Good stuff, I'm gonna be busy over the next few days but I should have a bass track towards the end of the week.

I just updated a new bass section. It starts just before the singing comes in. On the 4 of 1 2 3 4 of the intro, if you know what I mean.

Thanks

I uploaded a few different guitar licks for the verse last night if anyone wants to use them. They're only small but you can copy and paste if you wish.
    Cheers
    J

I just updated a new bass section. It starts just before the singing comes in. On the 4 of 1 2 3 4 of the intro, if you know what I mean.

Thanks

This is up now. didn't work earlier.

• Advertisement

ok i havent used dropbox before this project so to test i put a file in my boards directory in dropbox on my machine, I assume it will auto update everyone else ,, as i note Im getting auto updates....

???

guitar lead lick and rhtym

rockshamrover love the bass
    used yodas drums

have sore throat so i cant do vox at themoment unless you want husky bocelli et me know if you get the update or what im doing wrong if you dont

:-)

Advertisement