Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Black Magic...whats going on???

• 22-03-2009 4:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me if you can still get the old Black Magic Chocolates? All I can find are the ones they brought out about a year ago. They are different truffles covered in dark chocolate. I have been looking for them for my Mum for months now as she loves the old ones but doesnt like the new ones! :confused:.....she cant eat them with her dentures!! :D

I would love to be able to get her a box as she really does love them. Im in the Sunny SE. :)

Thanks for your help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

I'm afraid I have bad news, a similar dismay at the new change prompted me to investigate this further, and feckin nestle have only gone and replaced the old recipe for Black Magic with this praline laden crap!!:mad:

There's an online petition:
    http://petition.co.uk/bring_back_the_original_black_magic_chocolates

In the meantime, Thorntons do offer an alternative in their version, "Dark Classics" which are somewhat similar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭twinkle77

Eviledna wrote: »
    I'm afraid I have bad news, a similar dismay at the new change prompted me to investigate this further, and feckin nestle have only gone and replaced the old recipe for Black Magic with this praline laden crap!!:mad:

There's an online petition:
    http://petition.co.uk/bring_back_the_original_black_magic_chocolates

In the meantime, Thorntons do offer an alternative in their version, "Dark Classics" which are somewhat similar.

Thank you so much for that.....I now have to break the news to my Mother....:eek:

Why would they do that??? It was always a popular box of chocs why ruin them??? The new ones are horrible:(

I have signed the petition but dont think we will have much luck as there are only a couple of hundred signatures!!

Will check out the Thorntons one as I wil be in the big smoke next week.

Again thanks for you help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

Hurrah! Nestle have brought back (some) of the originals in their new "Classics" collection. I'm well happy because black magic are my favourite chocolates!

Anyone else happy to see this?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭jojo2

i would be so happy if these choccies were back, I've been having withdrawal symptoms! why on earth would they replace them with the boring plain chocolate ones?!
    must look out for the classic boxes!

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭FIRE

The Nestle rep told me last week that they were bringing back the "old boxes" didnt know they were gone TBH, so took a case off him.

So they are back anyway. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I'm sure I saw the old boxes on the shelf in Phelan's in Fair City when I was flicking through the channels. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭snowy2008

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭FIRE

Took a snap of the new (old) box today.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

I quite liked the new ones :o

That said though, I never really had the old ones all that much.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Bought my mammy a box of the classics. Theirs only about 5 different chocs in it but they're amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Sock Monster

Brilliant News, I got a box of the new sweets last Christmas, so disappointing, I felt they all tasted the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

The classics are on special offer in Tesco at the moment :D

2.09 a box. My dad is very impressed lol

Advertisement