Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Flightradar24 (and other trackers) Thread Part IV

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

There has been a phenom 300 going back and forth between Oxford and Kerry the last few days. Anybody any idea what that’s about?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,054 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

There has been a phenom 300 going back and forth between Oxford and Kerry the last few days. Anybody any idea what that’s about?

That would be 2-NORN(ex N272NR).Munster Joinery

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,342 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

D-CLAM and D-CLBM of Liebherr have also been into Kerry in the past week. Both Phenom 300s

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

That Turkish 777 has skipped SNN. How reliable is ADSB when it comes to destination?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,342 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

donvito99 wrote: »
    That Turkish 777 has skipped SNN. How reliable is ADSB when it comes to destination?

777s usually go direct but when the same flight is operated by a 747 it stops in Shannon to refuel

It’s FR24 usually that predicts the destination based on the previous destination of a flight under a particular callsign

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,097 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

donvito99 wrote: »

ADS-B doesn't tell location, that's acquired from a different source by flightradar, and it's very often incorrect. It just about gets regularly scheduled commercial flights correct, if it's not one of them it's often a guessing game as to whether FR24 is correct or not!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

https://tar1090.adsbexchange.com/

Select U option at top right

Useful for military?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Looking at Asia, air traffic appears to be picking up and I doubt that these are all cargo flights.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

smurfjed wrote: »
    Looking at Asia, air traffic appears to be picking up and I doubt that these are all cargo flights.

In Asia would many of the airlines be state backed? As such they won't prioritise profit as much and may fly with extremely low load factors regardless?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,163 ✭✭✭✭ED E

R116 flew very low from Blessington over South Dublin to Beaumount then on to EIDW.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

ED E wrote: »
    R116 flew very low from Blessington over South Dublin to Beaumount then on to EIDW.
    Landing at Beaumont this evening.
    49875825411_976d399474_c.jpg

Should be a Saudia B777 heading to Dublin right now, but I cant find it on FR24.

smurfjed wrote: »
    Should be a Saudia B777 heading to Dublin right now, but I cant find it on FR24.

SVA3081 B77W HZ-AK32 is visible on FR24 now RUH-DUB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

blue5000 wrote: »

There this morning coming from Providenciales.

https://www.flightradar24.com/RRR4605/2479b1d8

@Andrea B, the problem with showing hyperlinks like that is that as soon as someone looks at them, the aircraft has landed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,541 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Do a search on the aircraft ZM416 and you’ll see it.

And yes I found it by going through the fleet list! ;-)

That’s why I like ADSEXCHANGE. Their funny airplane shapes leads you to look at interesting aircraft.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭yrreg0850

Looks like the Air Corps are now heading to Faro.

https://fr24.com/LJ45/247a23be

yrreg0850 wrote: »
    Looks like the Air Corps are now heading to Faro.

https://fr24.com/LJ45/247a23be

Could also be a refuelling stop if it's headed for somewhere further south.

IRL258 climbing out of Faro on the way home.

• Advertisement

At the moment, there are 4 EI A330s in the air, inbound from PEK, plus one outbound.

Who’d have thought, only a few months ago?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Peking flights, changed again, 3 inbound, 1 in the air over Norway outbound, and one just airborne from Dublin.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Board Walker

Anyone know what the unidentified 777 is approaching Shannon from sofia?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Alpha Romeo

Anyone know what the unidentified 777 is approaching Shannon from sofia?

Omni Air International

N819AX

https://uk.flightaware.com/live/flight/N819AX/history/20200511/1134Z/LBSF/EINN

Noxegon wrote: »
    I've noticed that all the DUB-PEK flights don't go onto the Great Circle route to Beijing until they've crossed the UK, yet the ones going the other way appear to take a more direct path. Can someone who knows such things offer any insights as to why they're doing this?

This is my understanding. I could be wrong; it’s a long while since I spoke to an aircraft!

I think that’s because the UK hasn’t implemented “Free Route Airspace”, which Ireland and a number of other ANSPs have. So the UK still has ATS routes (what were called “airways” when I was younger) whereas Ireland no longer has such a structure. So the PEK flights depart DUB on a SID which enters UK airspace, and then follow a structured route, until it leaves UK airspace and enters that of an ANSP which allows FRA (so effectively it gets a “go direct” instruction)

Why aircraft were routed down airways is a story in itself. I could bore anyone for a fair while if anyone’s interested!

Why aircraft were routed down airways is a story in itself. I could bore anyone for a fair while if anyone’s interested!
    I would have guess that it had to do with a lack of long range navigation facilities and equipment. But these days I’m ready to be “bored”, so go ahead :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

/rvr7ne from Liverpool, listed as going to Anglesey, now flying back and forth around Dublin? https://www.flightradar24.com/RVR7NE/247c797b

*twitches lace curtains*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭spyderski

/rvr7ne from Liverpool, listed as going to Anglesey, now flying back and forth around Dublin? https://www.flightradar24.com/RVR7NE/247c797b

*twitches lace curtains*

Yeah, came on here to find out what it is - has passed over my house 3/4 times at this stage..

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

spyderski wrote: »
    Yeah, came on here to find out what it is - has passed over my house 3/4 times at this stage..

Ditto!

Mr Google says it's a survey plane from Ravenair out of Liverpool
    Probably making sure we're social distancing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Aegean Learjet (SX-BNR) on route to SNN with crew to return A321 SX-DGS after maintenance in Lufthansa. Currently crossing the French coast

SX-DGS now currently on route Shannon to St. Athan apparently for scraping!

Advertisement