Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread: Capital Gains

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Would probably be the time that Mayo would win it!!

That's how I feel about Liverpool winning the league in England.

Mayo and Liverpool will win their respective championships this year, but forever the (*) will be beside them. :P

---

I was meant to be going to the egg chasing this weekend. Even though it was cancelled I was still considering the trip, but it's about to get really hairy in France now. So I could well be watching Mordor on Sunday...

That's how I feel about Liverpool winning the league in England.

Mayo and Liverpool will win their respective championships this year, but forever the (*) will be beside them. :P

For the welfare of the county were not going to compete this year ;). Only because of the virus of course. I think the league should also be abandoned at this point with Division 1 remaining unchanged this year with Mayo retaining the title :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 sk9

For the welfare of the county were not going to compete this year ;). Only because of the virus of course. I think the league should also be abandoned at this point with Division 1 remaining unchanged this year with Mayo retaining the title :)

Can't be disappointed if you don't compete ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Wouldn't be like Mayo to blame someone else for a loss would it.

Slattsy wrote: »
    Wouldn't be like Mayo to blame someone else for a loss would it.
    :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

:rolleyes:

Sure the wind and rain way against ya that day. Or the hop of the ball etc etc. Blah blah.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

A lot of calls for the Gaa to do something in relation to the Coronavirus wouldn't be surprised to see the rest of the National league played behind closed doors or canceled. Especially with the news of another club member having the virus. On the subject of that are any of his team mates on the panel for Meath this Sunday?

I don't see how they can play the games with a crowd in attendance now at this stage.

I wonder would they have a different approach to it if we where closer to the start rather then then finish of the league?

Get the feeling they will just try and get it done at this stage.

The championships are the huge worry really as there is so much money wrapped up in them. I dont see how it would be possible to play summer games without fans in the ground. The money lost would be huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,807 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

It’s frustrating but...Rather be loosing money than loosing lives. Though the way money and making shed loads of it is almost worshiped in modern Ireland and often at the expense of wellbeing and health in people one never knows, either way the government will call it. I’d have no issues watching an All Ireland final played in an empty croker if it was a safety ensuring method of having the competition play out.

• Advertisement

Strumms wrote: »
    It’s frustrating but...Rather be loosing money than loosing lives. Though the way money and making shed loads of it is almost worshiped in modern Ireland and often at the expense of wellbeing and health in people one never knows, either way the government will call it. I’d have no issues watching an All Ireland final played in an empty croker if it was a safety ensuring method of having the competition play out.

That would be so weird! Lets hope it doesn't come to that anyway!

So is anyone actually going to the game Sunday? :pac: Think i might be going on my own at this stage!

That would be so weird! Lets hope it doesn't come to that anyway!

So is anyone actually going to the game Sunday? :pac: Think i might be going on my own at this stage!

I'm in two minds.

Paris trip officially cancelled by herself this evening so I'm gonna be like a spare príck as it is all weekend. And it is Mordor!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

I'm in two minds.

Paris trip officially cancelled by herself this evening so I'm gonna be like a spare príck as it is all weekend. And it is Mordor!

Trying to convince the missus that we do a 'John &:Yoko' and just stay in the bed for the weekend.

I have 3 tickets but me da is out and if I bring the young fella and he gets even a cold in next few months me ma will explode!

So ya dunno what to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Trent Houseboat

Was going to bring the young fella for a rare afternoon match in Crocker but I'm not going to bother now. Too many people in my life who would be at risk.
    I'd rather sit out a few games than have them on beds in overcrowded A&Es.

Surprised the GAA haven't cancelled it or moved it beind closed doors. Under normal circumstances you'd expect tens of thousands at it as well as Mayo Galway and Donegal Tyrone. Should have had a club propose it at Congress.

All out door events over 500 canceled so thats that for now then!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Just as i feared we are now beginning to see the full brunt of this crisis in relation to sport. I wouldn't be surprised to see the GAA championships postponed this year. Or Euro 2020. This is just the start. But your health is your wealth. Thats all that matters. Sport will be around forever. People will not. Wrap up well city slickers. Be safe. Stay healthy. Catch you when things get back to normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

They'll do anything to stop the six in a row.

Is everything officially canceled or is it being advised?

I noticed how most media are reporting events in and out doors of certain numbers SHOULD be canceled. There still selling tickets online as well.

*Officially announced now"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

I’m going if it’s on.
    You can go to work n all the **** things. Just don’t enjoy yourself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭rolling boh

bet there are a few yerrras wishing this happened last year to stop us winning .

• Registered Users Posts: 18,220 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Jaden wrote: »
    They'll do anything to stop the six in a row.

And stop Meath being relegated!

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Is everything officially canceled or is it being advised?

I noticed how most media are reporting events in and out doors of certain numbers SHOULD be canceled. There still selling tickets online as well.

*Officially announced now"

I was up in dorset street office earlier on. I was told not to bother buying a ticket. They were just waiting for the official word that everything is off. And until then they were just hanging around like eejits in the office.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

bet there are a few yerrras wishing this happened last year to stop us winning .

Not gonna lie. Getting the 5 in a row boxed off before this all kicked off, has occurred to me more than once.

Only just taught of it there I wonder when refunds for tickets will happen? Haven't heard or seen any mention on tickets.ie yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 sk9

Whatever happened to blue and navy magazine?

My dad would often pick up a copy but I haven't seen them in years.

Just a heads up for anyone wondering like meself i got onto Tickets.ie and they said the games will be rescheduled *Not anytime soon i imagine* so you can hold onto them if you wish.

If you want a refund you need to post the physical tickets back to them and they will refund you.

sk9 wrote: »
    Whatever happened to blue and navy magazine?

My dad would often pick up a copy but I haven't seen them in years.

Good question I used to buy that the odd time. They have a facebook page but they have not put anything up on it since 2012.
    They seemed to have put a great effort in it's content, pity it is gone.

xIQzSIv.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Hi lads. Hope all is doing ok under the circumstances. No sport so lots of catching up with old games and interviews on tv, podcasts and Youtube.

I was listening to Wooly Parkinsons GAA Hour earlier and he was covering the 1992 All Ire final which we lost to Donegal. I watched the game on Eir last week. Was actually at the game as a 15 yr old too. My god we were brutal. Charlie Redmond was awful. Jack Sheedy not a clue. It was terrible.

The one thing i never realised was that after Dublin beat Clare in the All Ire semi final bizarrely Dublin had an open top bus parade down O Connell St. To barely any notice of people going about their business. Tommy Carr was so against it he didnt go on the bus.

Have to say this is one of the worst and most ridiculous things i've ever heard of in GAA. Or any sport. What were they at and who was responsible for this absolute bolloxology? I'd say even Pillar Caffrey wouldn't have agreed to such a stupid action.

Talk about complacency and tempting fate. No wonder we were so poor in the final.

• Advertisement

Hi lads. Hope all is doing ok under the circumstances. No sport so lots of catching up with old games and interviews on tv, podcasts and Youtube.

I was listening to Wooly Parkinsons GAA Hour earlier and he was covering the 1992 All Ire final which we lost to Donegal. I watched the game on Eir last week. Was actually at the game as a 15 yr old too. My god we were brutal. Charlie Redmond was awful. Jack Sheedy not a clue. It was terrible.

The one thing i never realised was that after Dublin beat Clare in the All Ire semi final bizarrely Dublin had an open top bus parade down O Connell St. To barely any notice of people going about their business. Tommy Carr was so against it he didnt go on the bus.

Have to say this is one of the worst and most ridiculous things i've ever heard of in GAA. Or any sport. What were they at and who was responsible for this absolute bolloxology? I'd say even Pillar Caffrey wouldn't have agreed to such a stupid action.

Talk about complacency and tempting fate. No wonder we were so poor in the final.

I stopped reading there :D

Advertisement