Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wow Classic- Boards Guild

• 27-06-2019 9:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, is the above in the works, or shall we get on this now? Yes I am a 39 year old man...eagerly awaiting the release of a game released 15 years ago, of which I played for 10 of those years....just goes to show you what the state of gaming is in 2019 eh?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 TippLad87

Yeah im the same :) That game started me on my gaming pathway. I have a guild starting that have a few irish in it along with English and some Nordic etc if your interested? I have a pretty powerful PC and all I will be doing is playing at 15 year old game :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8 GizmoIE

Hey guys, not sure yet, but i could join you :) if my fellas will not join me in my nostalgic travel :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

The Classic Server is up right now. I believe they are stress testing the servers for launch, but you can login, create a character and play. Ah, the memories. :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I think the stress test has been extended to Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

Ah great stuff lads, what was the craic last time, ye needed at least 10 to register a guild wasn't it?

• Advertisement

This time next week lads... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭ballyargus

I'm playing WOTLK now. I am very tempted to return to a ground zero server. Where everyone is equal.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Myself and a few friends are rolling on Shazzrah if you'd care to join us on Monday night. All are welcome. :)

Might do that Kirby yeh! I hope everyone is ready for the mother load of queues??!

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

Going with Firemaw myself on Horde side for a few reasons.

1) It's Medium pop now, that will probably escalate to high in the next few weeks if not days.
    2) The current High pops will probably go up one more to Full.
    3) Trying to avoid the heavy world first type guilds and the streamers so I can just casually enjoy the classic experience. Busy but not disgusting. Casual.
    4) Going Horde since Alliance always has the most numbers.

I wonder what Medium/High/Full equates to in actual numbers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Rolling Horde on Mograine. Shazz and Goremag are going to be packed come Monday with queue's hours long, with abit of luck Mograine won't be so packed. But if queue times are more than an hour im gonna roll on a lower pop pvp server.

Torn between Shammy, Priest and Mage :confused:

Lads it goes live at 12am tonight right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Relikk

Lads it goes live at 12am tonight right?

11pm.

Here's a map of global release times.

https://bnetcmsus-a.akamaihd.net/cms/template_resource/WXDU6S10E1191557767427831.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,053 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Good luck anyone trying to connect tonight. It's Classic, so i expect a Classic experience of 5000+ queues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Relikk

Kiith wrote: »
    Good luck anyone trying to connect tonight. It's Classic, so i expect a Classic experience of 5000+ queues.

Yeah, it's not going to happen. In a way, it's a small blessing that it opens so late here. I'm already contemplating an day off tomorrow so I can get in early and start levelling tomorrow morning.

Advertisement