Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cost to change roof

Options
  • 26-11-2020 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

I have a 3 bed bungalow. Was thinking of doing an attic conversion but dont really have the height as its a low pitch. Its also a trussed roof. Anyone have any idea of the cost of removing old roof and fitting a cut roof with dormers and velux to turn the house into a dormer.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

I have a 3 bed bungalow. Was thinking of doing an attic conversion but dont really have the height as its a low pitch. Its also a trussed roof. Anyone have any idea of the cost of removing old roof and fitting a cut roof with dormers and velux to turn the house into a dormer.

Interested in something like this myself - if anyone has a ball park figure!

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jmBuildExt

size/location might help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

jmBuildExt wrote: »
    size/location might help

You're right! 3 bed bungalow in Kildare, total area of the part with the higher roof would be ~80m2. Current roof is about 5 feet high from the ground in the attic.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Parkender

Just bumping this as it is of interest also to myself....

Advertisement