Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Build The Millennium Falcon

14567810»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

The LEGO UCS model is similar proportions (old and new). I got an acrylic display case custom built for mine. That sits on top of a glass coffee table.

Other people made / purchased rectangular coffee tables with a glass top and lower level (wood etc), with the model under the glass, then sides open or closed off.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Cool, ill think about it more close to the end, id be lying if i dont have an idea in the back of my head to scratch build the Mos Eisley docking bay 94 for it, sand floor etc, was also thinking of using some kind of minature smoke machines under the base venting through exhaust grills in the ground. it would really make the landing lights pop with the smoke showing the beam etc. ive seen them used in model trains. its just a pipe dream for now ill see at the end!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭ZV Yoda

Cool, ill think about it more close to the end, id be lying if i dont have an idea in the back of my head to scratch build the Mos Eisley docking bay 94 for it, sand floor etc, was also thinking of using some kind of minature smoke machines under the base venting through exhaust grills in the ground. it would really make the landing lights pop with the smoke showing the beam etc. ive seen them used in model trains. its just a pipe dream for now ill see at the end!

Do it, do it!

It’s gone awful quiet here. Any further progress?

Haven’t done a tap on it since my last post. I seem to take a break for a while from it then jump back in. As soon as I do I’ll post here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭j14

I still haven't even started mine. Its been sitting in storage for about 5 years now.
    I was put off by having to paint it and I don't have anywhere to do that at the minute.

Aw, no offence to j14, but when I got the notification to say there was a new post on this thread, I was hoping it would be an update from Optimus :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭j14

ZV Yoda wrote: »
    Aw, no offence to j14, but when I got the notification to say there was a new post on this thread, I was hoping it would be an update from Optimus :-(

Sorry for getting your hopes up!

Hopefully we will hear something from Optimus soon.

Ill get back into it again soon, i need to spray paint some of it outdoors probably so have to wait a while for that. Im starting to get the bug again so will get back at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,946 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Just something that may help as reference: It's a cam rip from Disney+. Obviously better quality there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,946 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Is this Eaglemoss? It seems they may have gone bankrupt. I hope you got all your parts

No Deagostini , I have all the parts. Currently still packed and on hold. I’ll get back to it though. I actually have doubles of a lot of it as my brother was doing it too but he gave up half way through so I got all his bits as well.

Advertisement