Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Akira 4K - Irish showing?

• 25-09-2020 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34,283 ✭✭✭✭
    Master of the Universe

Anyone see mention of the new Akira 4K print being shown in Dublin?

I see there are showing currently happening in the UK, haven't see any mention of it here unfortunately :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

https://akira4k.co.uk/showtimes

Wed 7 and 8 of October in Vue, Liffey Valley at 18:45 both days.

Most of the Odeons are listed for Oct 7th but no confirm of time yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,283 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    https://akira4k.co.uk/showtimes

Wed 7 and 8 of October in Vue, Liffey Valley at 18:45 both days.

Most of the Odeons are listed for Oct 7th but no confirm of time yet.

Thanks a million!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,490 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I don't know how these screenings can go ahead, all the cinemas in Dublin are closed until at least the 9th due to the lockdown.

If they were open it would also be on in the Imax screen at Cineworld.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

No idea whats happening with this now; originally had Odeon and Vue listed, then Vue only, now only some Odeons (booked through the UK site because the Irish one doesnt list it at all).

Most likely wont be any showings...shame really, woulda loved to see it with my bro-in-law as he is a huge Akira fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,283 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I heard through a friend that it might actually be going ahead in a cinema in Cork.

• Advertisement

o1s1n wrote: »
    I heard through a friend that it might actually be going ahead in a cinema in Cork.

Should be going ahead in the non Dublin venues unless that countrywide level 5 lockdown NPHET recommended comes into effect.

Edit: The whole country is being moved to Level 3 so none of these screenings nationwide will be likely to go ahead.

Manga have updated the Akira page on their website with this message.
    Due to new COVID restrictions in Ireland, the below cinemas will not be playing the film at this point in time

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭UI_Paddy

The UHD Blu-Ray is out on November 30th for anyone that's interested. Can be bought from base.com, Zavvi, Zoom, Anime-On-Line and Amazon.

Advertisement