Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Taxi driver making sexual and racist comments

• 25-01-2020 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

MOD NOTE: Posts split to new thread:

Hi there,

I see this thread is fairly old but seems most relevant. I would like to report a taxi driver who appeared drunk or high (slurring his words) and who made numerous inapproriate sexual comments. He also went on a racist rant. I reported this incident to the guards on the night. They said they unfortunately couldn’t do much and to report him to taxi authority. I was a woman on my own and cried incessantly once I got out of the car. I was so scared. He dropped me to my home so I am worried that he can identify me if I complain him to the taxi authority. Does anybody know if there are controls in place so the taxi driver cannot identify the passenger that complains?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Strumms wrote: »

I'd be keen for other opinions and to see if anyone else had ever had a bad experience simular to this particularly at Dublin AIrport.

Sorry for your trouble but thats the price we have to pay in a dysfunctional country without a decent public transport system.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ashleigh1986

Beleive me when I say after dealing with the public for over 20 years ...
    THERES ALWAYS 2 SIDES TO EVERY STORY .
    That's why in a court a judge listens to both sides .
    That's why in a court it's about the evidence .
    The public in a lot of instances will " alter " their story to make it sound better for their benefit .
    Of course there are a lot of TAXIDRIVERS out there that shouldn't be let dealing with the public.
    There are in the region of 20,000 drivers nationwide .
    In any profession , with those numbers there are going to be bad ones .
    My advise to anyone is try to get the mobile number of a few drivers that you get on with and set up a drivers book of your own .
    If your a pleasant customer , drivers will pass on their contact details to you .

• Registered Users Posts: 28,352 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Hughsie88 wrote: »
    Hi there,

I see this thread is fairly old but seems most relevant. I would like to report a taxi driver who appeared drunk or high (slurring his words) and who made numerous inapproriate sexual comments. He also went on a racist rant. I reported this incident to the guards on the night. They said they unfortunately couldn’t do much and to report him to taxi authority. I was a woman on my own and cried incessantly once I got out of the car. I was so scared. He dropped me to my home so I am worried that he can identify me if I complain him to the taxi authority. Does anybody know if there are controls in place so the taxi driver cannot identify the passenger that complains?
    NTA take complaints fairly seriously.

https://www.transportforireland.ie/support/taxi-compliments-complaints/

I'm not sure about controls, but I'd imagine that the chances of him remembering your actual house by the time they catch up with him and put the complaint to him are slim.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,499 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

I was getting a taxi with a friend from Clontarf with a friend. We were late for a meeting (liquid lunch with clients) and my friend claimed he'd convince the driver to drive like a maniac to get us in on time.

We got in to the taxi and my colleague said "Dame street, and no inane chit chat".

Driver floored it and drove like an enraged maniac. We got there in time.

Advertisement