Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

BusConnects Dublin - Big changes to Bus Network

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Ireland trains

Will there be sufficient capacity on the E-Spine at off peak hours, with 10 minute frequencies on both the E1 and E2 replacing nine 145s & 155s an hour, and an 8 minute frequency on the 46a respectively.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭Qrt

• Registered Users Posts: 17,542 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

On both routes the morning and evening peak hour departure times in both directions are completely different to what was there before.

There are some additional departures on the C3.

The full timetables are on www.bustimes.org

The timetables on the Dublin Bus website and physically at stops are now all incorrect.

Post edited by LXFlyer on

• Registered Users Posts: 8,299 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I've seen a Go Ahead AX bus going down Newtownpark Avenue this morning.

It could be doing route training for the S6 in Blackrock this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭p_haugh

Was checking the timetable at stop 2070 on the Stillorgan Road (before it gets updated for the S6), and noticed that the 700 timetable is now printed on it. I wonder are the NTA starting to enforce the timetabling standards for non PSO services? Not sure how long this has been present.

• Advertisement

I also just saw one going along the Dundrum Bypass a few minutes ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭TranslatorPS

Non-PSO operators had little issues with intermediate timings compared to DB. There have been on-and-off printings of non-PSO routes insofar as stops matched the PSO ones – that's the biggest issue for those, since a good few of them like to "create" their own stops in digital databases even though physically they're pretty much the same location.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Good idea to get them integrated, but the timetable is wrong for the 700 as it has a different timetable on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday to Monday and Friday!

Yeah I hadn't checked if it matches yet, I'd imagine that's why Aircoach have simply stopped printing their timetables (at their own flag poles) and tell people to use their app/website instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭OscarMIlde

They seemed to have upped the C3 to a 20 minute frequency from Ringsend in the evenings. Could explain why I've actually been able to board a bus to Leixlip the last week, normally they are full and won't even stop. Nice to know they are willing to make changes to deal with issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭cgcsb

C3 isn't turning up on real time. Had this misfortune of needing public transport today , disaster. The reliability just isn't there to change bus even on main arterial routes which have half hour gaps

• Registered Users Posts: 5,855 ✭✭✭trellheim

Received today

Dear Community Forum Member,   

This is a no-reply email address. Please feel free to email queries to cbc@busconnects.ie

We are emailing you to provide a status update in relation to the Core Bus Corridors specifically the Kimmage to City Centre Core Bus Corridor Scheme.

It has come to the National Transport Authority's attention that due to an administrative error, a certain Junction Design Report (Appendix 2) was omitted from the Transport Impact Assessment Report Appendix (Appendix A6.1) contained within Volume 4 Appendices to the hard copy of the Environmental Impact Assessment Report that was available for inspection at (i) the offices of the NTA, and (ii) the offices of An Bord Pleanála. Please note that this Junction Design Report was available for inspection in the electronic copies of the EIAR at Appendix 2 of Appendix A6.1 (i) on the website of the NTA at www.kimmagescheme.com and (ii) on the website of An Bord Pleanála at https://www.pleanala.ie/en-ie/case/317660 and was separately available elsewhere in the EIAR at Appendix A6.3 to the electronic and hard copies of the Environmental Impact Assessment Report. This discrepancy has now been rectified and the Junction Design Report is included in the hard copies of the EIAR at (i) the offices of the NTA, and (ii) the offices of An Bord Pleanála.

In the circumstances, in order to ensure full and effective public participation, an extension of time for inspection, purchase of documents and for the making of submissions/observations or objections is being provided beyond 7th November 2023 to 8th December 2023.

Notices in relation to a further period of time for the making of submissions relating to the Kimmage to City Centre Core Bus Corridor Scheme pursuant to Section 51(3) of the Roads Act 1993 (as amended) and in accordance with Article 4(a) of the of the Third Schedule to the Housing Act 1966 (as amended) relating to the Kimmage to City Centre Core Bus Corridor Scheme Compulsory Purchase Order 2023 will appear in the Irish Independent and the Gazette newspaper on Thursday 26th October 2023.

A copy of the application documentation may be viewed and downloaded free of charge at: www.kimmagescheme.ie . Please note all previous documents regarding BusConnects are still available on www.busconnects.ie

All previous submissions/observations or objections submitted to An Bord Pleanála during the previous period of time for the making of submissions/observations or objections, are unaffected by this additional period and do not require to be resubmitted. They will be considered in full by An Bord Pleanála – no further action is required.

Additional submissions/observations or objections may be made in writing to the Board at An Bord Pleanála (Strategic Infrastructure Division), 64 Marlborough Street, Dublin 1, D01 V902 before 5.30pm on this extended date of 8th December 2023.

Any submissions/observations must be accompanied by a fee of €50 and must be received by the Board not later than 5.30 p.m. on 8th December 2023. This fee will not apply to certain prescribed bodies including those specified in Section 51(3)(b) of the Roads Act 1993 (as amended) or to landowners and others with a legal interest in land who are objecting to compulsory acquisition of land in which they have such an interest in a compulsory acquisition case. This fee shall also not be payable by any person who had already made and paid the fee for a submission/observation between 1st August 2023 and 26th October 2023.

Submissions/observations can also be made on the An Bord Pleanála website at the following address: https://online.pleanala.ie/en-ie/sid/observation .

Yours sincerely,

BusConnects Team

• Registered Users Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭cgcsb

The sooner the kimmage cbc scheme is canned the better. Its a scheme to increase car parking and eliminate the little cycle priority there is by way of a broken line, part time cycle lane DCC should implement a rapid build bus gate at Harold's X next week and the NTA should withdraw this application. There should be an apology for the tax payer money spent to date on this scheme which contravenes DMURS and the national cycling manual, which is ironically also published by the NTA.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

They aren't going to withdraw the application, they can just leave it with ABP until they get round to rejecting it, that gives the NTA cover for doing nothing here for the next 2 - 5 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭TranslatorPS

I have a funny feeling that the column part of the schedules is blocked into a maximum of three day types (MoFr, Sa, SuPH), and if that's the case, the differences on Mondays and Fridays should be treated through suffixes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,299 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

There is 2 new bus shelters currently being built for the S8 in Newtownpark Avenue.

They are being used for the route to Dún Laoghaire Dart Station.

The 1st one being built is near the traffic light junction outside Dunnes Stores at the Playwright.

This new bus shelter is being built right opposite the bus shelter at Marian Park.

The 2nd one is being built across the road from Melfort Housing estate/Newpark Comprehensive School.

However; there is no new bus shelters being built on the opposite side of Newtownpark Avenue when the S8 goes to Citywest. There is also that bus stop marking still there at Guardian Angels Church. I don't know whether that stop will still be there to allow the S8 stop outside the entrance to the church when the route is rolled out for service in late November.

I've driven along Newtown Park Avenue a few times recently and was wondering what the story was with bus stops for the S8 along there. Good to see they're finally putting them in.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 BusGuy

when is the new date for the S spine coming in? I saw a few bus stops.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭StreetLight

There is no such thing. The only spines are A to H.

26th November is the supposed launch date. Theres been a lot of drivers out route training the past few weeks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭VG31

Will the E spine and N2 routes be in the phase after this one?

F spine is next I believe, then the E spine. Not sure if the N2 and O routes will be included with the E spine launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,667 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

It is about 4 years since 41 went 24 hours and the NTA and DB have done nothing to address the severe lack of capacity. They found drivers to add other 24 hour routes but lets say there is no drivers to add services on 41.

Not to mention DB carrying well beyond the standard capacity of seated and standing passengers.

People left behind and pointless anyone trying to get on before Santry.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,850 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Count yourself lucky your part of the city has a 24 hour service at all and isn't the last spine to be implemented!!!

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭DUBLINBUSGUY

• Registered Users Posts: 9,694 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

It's not DB's problem to solve capacity issues... It's the NTA, who schedule the route and so impacts capacity

Westside

Despite popular opinion not everyone living south of the Liffey has the Dort going past their front door...

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,667 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

I fully accept that however I would question how much DB are pushing the capacity issue with the NTA becase there has been zero changes.

If NTA say yes start moving to 15 min service, is there resources to acheive this?

I would like to see the restrictions on BE 101 lifted as an immediate measure overnight to carry passengers through Drumcondra. I don't know how busy the service would be however I suspect not packed.

There should be no new 24 hour services until existing are sufficently resourced and the argunment adding others will ease the pressure on existing is just not true.

Yeah I am really lucky!

Arrive at Abbey Street, maybe at least 30 minutes before and hope you can push on before more arrive closer to departure jump the queue. This is another issue the bus turning up a few mins before needs to be addressed as well and restore some order.

OK so you have an indequate service, but other places have no service at all.

Life ain't always empty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭halfpastneverr

Found this out last night. Got stuck in work til 2:30am and no 69N nitelink til 4am. After wandering around town for half an hour I gave in and got a taxi (after arguments with 2 drivers I hailed saying they were only taking cash) for the princely sum of €31 for a 12-minute journey.

I'd take trying to squeeze onto an oversubscribed 24hr route in a heartbeat!

Advertisement