Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbie thread / introduce yourself here

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

no not saracm, totally serious, it's how i ended up with so many...the only one i ever planned was my nipple on my 16th bday after that it's just something i decided on the spot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

I forsee a night out in about 3 weeks. Keep this is mind folks :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I s'pose I should introduce myself too!

I'm Jenny, I'm from Meath but I've lived in Dublin for about 6 years now ( :eek: ) Went to college in Dun Laoghaire and now I live there with the fella in our own li'l house with 2 squirrels. I work fixing pc's and that kinda stuff for an insurance company. I have one pair of 10mm lobe piercings, second 1.8mm lobe piercings, a tragus to conch scaffold, 4/5 lip piercings, tongue, nose, septum, nipple, a few retired surface piercings :( and three tattoos. I like having pink hair, yummy cocktails and anything Pearl Jam related.

Shazam!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

no not saracm, totally serious, it's how i ended up with so many...the only one i ever planned was my nipple on my 16th bday after that it's just something i decided on the spot

Me too, I do have a few "planned", as in, a few that I specifically want to get, but usually when I'm going into town with friends, they suggest piercings, I shrug and agree.

Got my nipple and labret done a few days ago for these very reasons. I wasn't even sure if I wanted to have them done, but I'm loving them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 chrischance

Hi guys,
    thought I'd say hello seeing as how I carry the marks on my arm.
    I have a black panther sitting on the globe with the sun coming up behind him. The Globe is the 'Yin-Yang' symbol and the whole depicts my martial arts business.
    On my bicep I have Chinese dragons entwined with a hieroglyphic between the dragon heads.
    My son is a copper and is fairly well covered in art, but none showing beneath a short-sleeved shirt and an open collar which he wears in the summer (visible tattoos not allowed in the police force).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭neosmaster

Hi Guys,

Pretty new here too.....Been reading all the boards for a long time only recently joined up though.

My names Michael I'm 30 and live in Galway
    I currently have 2 tattoos : a Lion on my calf ( I'm a Leo ) and a Kenji symbol on my back that ( I hope ) means invincible.

Getting my 3rd tattoo in a few weeks.Getting my son's name on my arm...Can't wait

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Cmol

Hello Claire, are you new? :p

shhhhhhhhh, im trying to reinvent my boards persona

Hi, I'm Claire....
    Molberts wrote: »
    I'm Claire....

whoop!! 3 Claire's... .were slowly taking over!! ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Never introduced myself on here:

Im Melvyn, 24 from Shannon, Clare. Barman by day, Bouncer by night. 3 tattoos, F.E.A.R on my inner wrist, Thundercats/Tribal on my back, Liverbird with 5 stars on right calf. Both lobes pierced and in the process of being stretched(3mm at the minute), upper left ear cartilage, left eyebrow, right tragus and finally labret. Thinking about moving to Dublin in the next month so hopefully beers will follow after the move.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Melion wrote: »
    Never introduced myself on here:

Im Melvyn, 24 from Shannon, Clare. Barman by day, Bouncer by night. 3 tattoos, F.E.A.R on my inner wrist, Thundercats/Tribal on my back, Liverbird with 5 stars on right calf. Both lobes pierced and in the process of being stretched(3mm at the minute), upper left ear cartilage, left eyebrow, right tragus and finally labret. Thinking about moving to Dublin in the next month so hopefully beers will follow after the move.

If you plan on being a bouncer in dublin, you wouldnt want to stretch your ears to big.
    Could end up pretty sore! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Warhammer

Will wrote: »
    Well was more aimed at new people, but suppose you are right ginga ninja...

For those of you who haven't met me, I'm Will, 22 and may or may not be studying computers in DCU (waiting on exam results which will decide my future), get way too drunk at boards beers and am easily offended.

One of my finer moments;

145843625a6984046411l.jpg

Is one them you???

• Advertisement

Youtube is blocked in work so can't see the joke but you got thanks so much be somewhat funny

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭jim o doom

allo - my name Is Col, am 27 work as a civil servant (boo) have 4 tattoos - two cheesy tribal ones (arm & back) from when I was 18 & 2 cool ones, a nice polynesian style one done by chime at the Amsterdam tattoo festival & a large back circular design with 3 forearms holding 3 sickles (it's a design created by the band neurosis) which I got done in New York in Devil May Care - love the second two a lot & have many more planned, just have to have the money & a good artist for the designs :)
    used to have my lip pierced but do Kenpo a lot so piercings arn't really a great idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Youtube is blocked in work so can't see the joke but you got thanks so much be somewhat funny

tootifyoulikeourdancing.jpg

Alas no, it is not me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Molberts

Cmol wrote: »
    shhhhhhhhh, im trying to reinvent my boards persona

whoop!! 3 Claire's... .were slowly taking over!! ;)

shhh... don't draw attention to our evil plan... we need the element of surprise if were going to take over the board world. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭nessymon

I'm Vanessa 35 have been self employed for a few years but I'm going back to college in 2 weeks :) I have 8 piercings, mind you I've only got jewelry in 3 at the mo... i've two chinese symbols on the top of my right arm..

i want to get another tattoo shortly on my leg... not sure who is best around though for what i want

pleased to make your acquaintance

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Hi, I'm Cat. I've always been really interested in tatts and piercings but I'm a primary school teacher so have to be conservative! I have five piercings.. just in my ears (lobes and helix) and next up will be a tragus.

I'm currently designing a tattoo and am really excited about it. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭tasha1

Aungier Street! FTW

And to gig as in the verb!! :]

I like to attend them!!

Welcome to all the new people. A night out is coming up so maybe some of you may want to take a chance and come join some of us for some fun.

Any other new peoples hangin about? o.0

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Can I be new again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

Can I be new again?
    Never had anything cool like this when we were new!

Never had anything cool like this when we were new!

Hence why I started this thread.
    Was very intimidated when I first arrived here :o

You?!?!

Intimidated!??!

Awwwwww :D

Quiet, you're scaring away the newbies :p

Aww you're so mean! I'm damn nice. YA HEAR ME NEW PEEPS?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 jonh2828

My name is lee,28, dublin born . tattooing 9 years now Jesus i sound old! love to draw paint,tattoo and sleep! worked over seas for a while and looking forward to being back home again... and sure enough Will has me sussed! have links to the new Dublin ink!!! sorry guys:(:(:P trying to start a lil buzz with the peeps in Ireland that seem to care about what they get inked and from whom. not gona give much away about the studio but ill try my best to answer any questions u may have. sorry for the prank again!! newbies should earn their keep first ay?? would be into this night out you guys are talking about, sounds like fun. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

Warning for new people:

If you don't want to get veryvery interested in mods, eventually wanting to completely cover yourself in them, run!

I used to think I'd be happy with 2 or 3 piercings in my ears, but this board made me want more! I still feel like I have very few mods (which I do, compared to most of you) with 2 tattoos and 11 piercings, and I'm now contemplating a Prince Albert.

This board corrupted my fragile little mind!

jonh2828 welcome along :D
    Keep us updated on the developments, christ I was fúckered last night. Sore head this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

fúckered

Can you really get away with just adding a foda? baha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

CianRyan wrote: »
    Can you really get away with just adding a foda? baha

fuck no

Advertisement