Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The weather project

• 20-10-2003 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭davej

I'm heading to London in a week and a half and am looking forward to checking out the new installation in the turbine hall at the tate modern: The Weather Project

From the site:

Eliasson views the weather – wind, rain, sun – as one of the few fundamental encounters with nature that can still be experienced in the city. He is also interested in how the weather shapes a city and, in turn, how the city itself becomes a filter through which to experience the weather. ‘Every city mediates its own weather’, Eliasson has said. ‘As inhabitants, we have grown accustomed to the weather as mediated by the city. This takes place in numerous ways, on various collective levels ranging from hyper-mediated (or representational) experiences, such as the television weather forecast, to more direct and tangible experiences, like simply getting wet while walking down the street on a rainy day.

davej

Comments

• It's now on my list of must see's! Dave.

Let us know what you think of it when you come back.

I'd like to get a gander at the Eden project too.

mm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Looks awful interesting. Next time I'm in London I'm definately going to check out the Tate Modern.

That and the science museum which is supposed to be amazing.

Ooooo and a train ride to Bletchley Park!

Advertisement