Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dual vs Quad pir

• 21-02-2021 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Is there much difference between dual and quad pirs.

Also can someone explain eol resistor, when to use and when not to.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,640 ✭✭✭✭altor

notepads wrote: »
    Is there much difference between dual and quad pirs.

Also can someone explain eol resistor, when to use and when not to.
    Thanks

Dual Techs use 2 different types, e.g passive infra red and a microwave sensor.

Quads use 4 Passive infra red sensors.

Resistors are used in the last device.
    They are used to supervise the alarm/tamper and cable circuit.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 notepads

Thanks Altor for the fast reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 oran.kennedy

Hello - firstly, sorry am new to Boards so not sure if I'm in the right place ... but I have a question for Altor, as haven been scanning through Boards for last few days and seems to have answers for everyone on this kind of stuff!!

I have same problem as many on here: recently bought new house, has PhoneWatch security system, didn't want to continue monitoring, now get regular 'Phone Failure 1' message, the PW helpline don't seem to want to help!

Think its trying to make periodic contact with central station and, from what I learned reading threads on here, I need to delete that number from the system? Question is do I need engineer codes to do that? I have user code, and 'factory code', but don't think they'll do the trick? Any advice greatly appreciated! Thanks, Oran

• Registered Users Posts: 11,640 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hello - firstly, sorry am new to Boards so not sure if I'm in the right place ... but I have a question for Altor, as haven been scanning through Boards for last few days and seems to have answers for everyone on this kind of stuff!!

I have same problem as many on here: recently bought new house, has PhoneWatch security system, didn't want to continue monitoring, now get regular 'Phone Failure 1' message, the PW helpline don't seem to want to help!

Think its trying to make periodic contact with central station and, from what I learned reading threads on here, I need to delete that number from the system? Question is do I need engineer codes to do that? I have user code, and 'factory code', but don't think they'll do the trick? Any advice greatly appreciated! Thanks, Oran

Its very hard to get the engineer code if you didn't have the system installed yourself but no harm requesting this code.
    They usually send out a waiver form to facilitate this if you request it.

The engineer code is used to delete the phone numbers and phone line test feature on these panels to stop the system dialing out.

Do you know what system you have installed?

Advertisement