Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham 2021 Antepost

• 30-10-2020 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭

Thought now was as good a time as any to get your antepost bets up

Mine are as follows

Supreme
    Micro Manage 25/1 ew

Champion Hurdle
    Saint Roi 14/1

RSA
    Latest Exhibition 14/1

Stayers
    Thyne Hill 12/1

Mares Novice Hurdle
    Shewearsitwell 7/1

Treble
    Shishkin 7/2 (arkle)
    Honeysuckle 7/2 (mares)
    Envoi Allen 3/1 (marsh)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

Arkle
    Darver Star 14/1

Champion Hurdle
    Abacadbras 10/1, 6/1

RSA
    Easy Work 25/1

Ryanair
    Real Steel 16/1
    Allaho 10/1

4miler
    Emitom 25/1

Mares Chase
    Elfie 12/1

• Registered Users Posts: 13,707 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

Ferny Hollow in the Ballymore @14s

• Registered Users Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Top of the game gold cup

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭mountai

Champion Hurdle ---- Aspire Tower ---- halved in price after today DR result .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Epetante Honeysuckle double
    Percy GC
    Faugheen Ryanair and GC
    Minella Indo GC

Obvs Faugheen very unlikely runner, more of a just in case bet!!
    . Had Abacadabras Shishkin double but cashed it yesterday, if I decide to go back in Abacadabras will be bigger now anyways

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Faugheen be doing well to run in the Marsh again Roger

The Mig wrote: »
    Faugheen be doing well to run in the Marsh again Roger

Ryanair!

Nice edit :pac:

Cousins in Belfast saying Storm Aidan howling up North......
    Hope no problem with day 2

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

Ferny Hollow in the Ballymore @14s

Will be in the Supreme, absolute speedball.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,707 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

Sir Gerhard in the Champion Bumper - 10/1

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

lemush wrote: »

Ruby gave specific mention to him on RTV today.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

Cheveley will have a bit of a headache. Ballyadam to me looks a pure 2 miler and I always felt Ferny Hollow looks like he'd love a further trip. Maybe my pocket is talking as I've them backed to go that route.

I've Sir Gerhard backed for the bumper but wouldn't surprise me if he might be chanced over hurdles yet this season. He'll be 7 by the time he hits Cheltenham as a novice hurdler if they go the bumper path this year.

Coneygree wrote: »
    Cheveley will have a bit of a headache. Ballyadam to me looks a pure 2 miler and I always felt Ferny Hollow looks like he'd love a further trip. Maybe my pocket is talking as I've them backed to go that route.

I've Sir Gerhard backed for the bumper but wouldn't surprise me if he might be chanced over hurdles yet this season. He'll be 7 by the time he hits Cheltenham as a novice hurdler if they go the bumper path this year.

Ferny being such a keen going sort I'd be amazed myself if he didn't line up in the two miler as much as he would get the trip in the Neptune no problem.

Ballymore or whatever its called now, will always be the Neptune to me.

Ferny being such a keen going sort I'd be amazed myself if he didn't line up in the two miler as much as he would get the trip in the Neptune no problem.

Yeah it'll be interesting to see. No shortage of options no matter what they decide. Amazingly Malone Road is being forgotten about and considering he's 99% crocked for definite he'd certainly be worth a go at a decent price. Cheveley have a ridiculous roster atm.

Think Ruby mentioned earlier on RTV that Ferny was going well at Willie's.

Yeah it'll be interesting to see. No shortage of options no matter what they decide. Amazingly Malone Road is being forgotten about and considering he's 99% crocked for definite he'd certainly be worth a go at a decent price. Cheveley have a ridiculous roster atm.

Think Ruby mentioned earlier on RTV that Ferny was going well at Willie's.

He's an aeroplane.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

I think Next Destination stood out today in terms of Cheltenham Prospects. Lovely run, Nichols said he's going over fences. He'd be very interesting in the RSA.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

aidankkk wrote: »
    I think Next Destination stood out today in terms of Cheltenham Prospects. Lovely run, Nichols said he's going over fences. He'd be very interesting in the RSA.

Agreed. Thought he ran very well. Will need to retain all the ability to win what looks a super competitive RSA. Willie will know where he stands too.

Has any horse ever come back after such a lengthy absence to win a grade 1? He was very impressive though. He's backed in to 25/1 so I couldn't consider the price now but 33s isn't the worst bet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Has any horse ever come back after such a lengthy absence to win a grade 1? He was very impressive though. He's backed in to 25/1 so I couldn't consider the price now but 33s isn't the worst bet.

Yes, you have winning the Feltham and Gold Cup!!!!

You've dubbed me the Ante Post King (among other things :pac:) so he's what i have to date.

Singles:
    Galvin 12/1 - NH Chase
    Monkfish 10/1 - RSA
    Delta Work 33/1 - Gold Cup (big price - i thought he ran well on Saturday)
    Ballyadam 20/1 - Supreme and Ballymore

Multiples:
    Galvin / Envoi Allen
    Shishkin / Envoi Allen / Abacadabras
    Shishkin / Abacadabras
    Edited 03/11 to include:
    Envoi Allen / Abacadabras
    Envoi Allen / Shishkin (this a double i may top up again until the both inevitably become 6/4 shots)

Summary:
    I think Galvin will be my strongest dart this year. GE loves winning this race and Galvin seems to tick all the boxes.

Ballyadam in both, think this lad in an aeroplane. Initially thought he was made for the Ballymore but a lot of chat about the Supreme so i went this way too. Can cash out at some point as prices have tumbled for both.

Envoi Allen will likely by in a lot of bets, he looks the real deal, and i also think Shishkin is too. The double pays about 12/1.

I thought i had Abacadabras backed as a single but apparently not, just in the bets above. I wouldnt be anyway concerned, he wants better ground and stronger pace. I still think he has a huge chance in the CH and at 10s now i think it big.

I've cashed out on Malone Road at no loss after his flop and cashed out all bar one of my Princess Zoe bets after she won the Cadran, for a profit as i had her at tasty prices and she went to 5/1. I left one bet open on her just in case but its going to be a loser. Sin é.

I've a few handicap plots (remember Glenloe :() that I have in my mind once those markets start to form. Some obvious but as always if you get in early you're generally getting 3 or 4 times the price it will be on the day.

Feel free to abuse me :)

Delta Work still available at 40s on PP/Betfair Slattsy, 50s was there after the race on Saturday. I agree, huge price.

Slattsy wrote: »
    You've dubbed me the Ante Post King (among other things :pac:) so he's what i have to date.

Singles:
    Galvin 12/1 - NH Chase
    Monkfish 10/1 - RSA
    Delta Work 33/1 - Gold Cup (big price - i thought he ran well on Saturday)
    Ballyadam 20/1 - Supreme and Ballymore

Multiples:
    Galvin / Envoi Allen
    Shishkin / Envoi Allen / Abacadabras
    Shishkin / Abacadabras

Summary:
    I think Galvin will be my strongest dart this year. GE loves winning this race and Galvin seems to tick all the boxes.

Ballyadam in both, think this lad in an aeroplane. Initially thought he was made for the Ballymore but a lot of chat about the Supreme so i went this way too. Can cash out at some point as prices have tumbled for both.

Envoi Allen will likely by in a lot of bets, he looks the real deal, and i also think Shishkin is too. The double pays about 12/1.

I thought i had Abacadabras backed as a single but apparently not, just in the bets above. I wouldnt be anyway concerned, he wants better ground and stronger pace. I still think he has a huge chance in the CH and at 10s now i think it big.

I've cashed out on Malone Road at no loss after his flop and cashed out all bar one of my Princess Zoe bets after she won the Cadran, for a profit as i had her at tasty prices and she went to 5/1. I left one bet open on her just in case but its going to be a loser. Sin é.

I've a few handicap plots (remember Glenloe :() that I have in my mind once those markets start to form. Some obvious but as always if you get in early you're generally getting 3 or 4 times the price it will be on the day.

Feel free to abuse me :)
    Portfolio prick

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭akelly02

Doing a €50 treble this week and it will be only antepost bet .

Shishkin arkle 3/1
    Epatante champion hurdle 7/2
    Altior champion chase 8/1

Returns over 8 grand

akelly02 wrote: »

Shishkin arkle 3/1

Returns over 8 grand

Altior........ Nah man. Can't see it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭akelly02

Altior........ Nah man. Can't see it

Hes still the champ in my eyes till somebody beats him .

Everyone else has lots to prove .

8/1 is fair I think

The Mig wrote: »
    Portfolio prick

Alliteration asshole.

akelly02 wrote: »

Shishkin arkle 3/1

Returns over 8 grand

Could be some bet if Chacun goes brittle again which could happen. Defi is a cert to go to the Ryanair this year if he goes to Cheltenham. I'd love to see him go to the King George actually. Couldn't have any other horse for it other than Fakir D'oudaries but sure Altior is Altior you'd nearly hope if he runs at all he could take care of the likes of Fakir.

Notebook is an interesting one if there's no crowd this year which is highly possible, nearly a cert the state of things at the moment. Worth a punt at the current price.

I'd nearly have more faith in Altior than Epatante tbh. It'll be an absolute muck of a race if that mare wins handily again.

• Advertisement

Two more inclusions in initial post from yesterday. Unlikely to be any more unless i spot something. But for the moment they are my long rangers until the handicaps.

It seems a lot of people are of similar minds by getting Envoi Allen in early. There's a huge chance the Marsh cuts up drastically as trainers run scared, he could go off odds on.

I also think Shishkin will go off a lot shorter than current prices. Henderson singing his praises, and you almost have to mark up his Supreme win given the interference suffered, that would have stopped a lot of horses. He could be very very good over fences. And i dont see an awful lot of horses in the betting that i think could beat him.

The usual caveat of getting there in one piece obviously applies!! :)

Advertisement