Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bus Eireann

• 24-09-2020 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I was just wondering when purchasing a ticket on board Bus Eireann can you pay by card or is it cash only?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭JasonStatham

Ah yeah go ahead and clog up the entry to the Bus. I mean it'd be nigh on impossible to buy a ticket using the ticket machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Buy online as it's handier and you get a discount. You can show the driver the online ticket on your phone (or even print it out) and he gets a number off it which he types into the ticket machine, and your ticket is printed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Ah yeah go ahead and clog up the entry to the Bus. I mean it'd be nigh on impossible to buy a ticket using the ticket machine.
    Most places don't have access to a ticket machine. It's not like the Luas.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,720 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

If only there was some sort of commuting and transport forum...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,295 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Tough crowd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

1- Go on the gear,
    2- Go the doctor
    3- Get note for the sick
    4- Go social welfare
    5- Get on the sick
    6- Get free bus travel
    7- Smoke gear down the back,
    8- Annoy all the workers who dont smoke craic

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Hi all,
    I was just wondering when purchasing a ticket on board Bus Eireann can you pay by card or is it cash only?

Intercity or City bus?

For intercity / regional bus:

No card on the bus. But buy online and show the code on your phone to the driver. If it's a return journey, keep the receipt.

There are also ticket machines at city bus stations which accept card.

If city bus:

Pay cash or better yet get a leap card.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,896 ✭✭✭circadian

I don't think they're entertaining buying on the bus at the minute due to limited seating. Not 100% on that but I'd be booking online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭JasonStatham

Most places don't have access to a ticket machine. It's not like the Luas.

That's why you plan ahead and you have your tickets, instead of being a certified line of cretins and clogging up the entry to the bus in the middle of freezing winter.

That's why you plan ahead and you have your tickets, instead of being a certified line of cretins and clogging up the entry to the bus in the middle of freezing winter.

You should probably just buy a car

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Collie D wrote: »
    You should probably just buy a car
    if anyone says this to me again ..im gonna say YOU buy it for me ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

They probably wont.

I was saying it to that poster in particular rather than commuters in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,453 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Hi all,

Wonder no more.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Buy online as it's handier and you get a discount. You can show the driver the online ticket on your phone (or even print it out) and he gets a number off it which he types into the ticket machine, and your ticket is printed.

It would be handier if they could scan the ticket from your phone like some of the private coach companies can do.

Advertisement