Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wokeism of the day *Revised Mod Note in OP and threadbanned users*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,160 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

CBS pledges Survivor, Big Brother casts will now be 50 percent people of color

Following criticism from past contestants, shows like Survivor, Big Brother, and Love Island will include at least 50 percent people of color in their casts moving forward.

https://ew.com/tv/cbs-reality-series-casting-representation/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

CBS pledges Survivor, Big Brother casts will now be 50 percent people of color

Following criticism from past contestants, shows like Survivor, Big Brother, and Love Island will include at least 50 percent people of color in their casts moving forward.

https://ew.com/tv/cbs-reality-series-casting-representation/

But 50% of the population aren’t people of colour so this will be an over representation plus hello tokenism!

Ridiculous!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Gervais08 wrote: »
    But 50% of the population aren’t people of colour so this will be an over representation plus hello tokenism!

Ridiculous!

Yea, but if you're watching survivor or big brother you really deserve everything you get and more!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

The appropriate forum to discuss mod actions is Dispute Resolution or Feedback, do not derail a thread in relation to this. Off topic post deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,727 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/tv-radio-web/deirdre-o-kane-talks-funny-rté-has-another-uninteresting-and-unfunny-chat-with-itself-1.4403550?mode=amp

According to IT Deirdre O’Kane’s new show is neither funny nor interesting but she’s female so it is good and she deserves another show for undisclosed reasons

Of course it's the guest's fault that it's shıte.

The real point is it's an uninspired show featuring the usual long term residents of the RTE canteen.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

silverharp wrote: »
    "The webinar panelists used the term "birthing person" to include those who identify as non-binary or transgender because not all who give birth identify as "women" or "girls.""

And down the ridiculous rabbit hole we go.

down_the_rabbit_hole4.jpg

Morons. And more worryingly this is Harvard medical school pimping this unscientific mumbo jumbo.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Speaking on the madness and how deep the rabbit hole goes, here's a list of pronouns( i'm quite sure more will be added in future :) )
    Pronoun-cards-2016-02-768x439.png
    with a note "Note: the top line is meant to indicate two separate – but similarly spelled – sets of pronouns. They are ae/aer/aers and fae/faer/faers."

I understand 30% of that, the "he", "she" and "they" lines, the rest i just cant......

"ze" is that the enemy in that classic Scientology move Battlefield Earth? I think "xe" is a Jaguar model.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭46 Long

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/anger-over-women-s-business-honour-for-cross-dressing-banker-h0gv3l7nw
    Anger over women’s business honour for cross-dressing banker

A male Credit Suisse director who sometimes goes to work in a wig and dress has prompted outrage by accepting a place on a list of the Top 100 Women in Business.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 9,987 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

46 Long wrote: »

So what, the Brits need to lighten up in any case. Always amusing to see them having to deal with the unisex toilets at other CS locations.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭V8 Interceptor

Don't know whether this is woke or perhaps there's a thread for Nimbyism?

Saoirse McHugh tweet 1: Repeal the 27th. Who lives here (never mind born here) belongs here!

Saoirse McHugh tweet 2: I just want to live in a tiny house and grow food with other people in a tiny house village where we share work and and be surrounded by acres of wilderness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭99nsr125

Gervais08 wrote: »

Ridiculous!

You mean discrimination

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 9,987 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

The words are irrelevant, it’s the mind set behind the words that is the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,972 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Jim2007 wrote: »
    The words are irrelevant, it’s the mind set behind the words that is the problem.

Do you think he deserved to lose his job over it?

He is a man from a certain era, it is very easy for man of his age to say the wrong thing accidentally.

Did you see the clip? I don't think he meant any harm at all.

Sad world we live in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

No, the wording is seen as the problem and nothing to do with mindset or intent.

Why a white man, in power and in their right mind would want to talk about these issues or help out is beyond me.

kowloonkev wrote: »
    No, the wording is seen as the problem and nothing to do with mindset or intent.

Why a white man, in power and in their right mind would want to talk about these issues or help out is beyond me.

Because if he didn’t the woke police would have his job for lack of diversity.

Sky Sports is a nightmare now - Clinton Morrison can’t hold a sentence together and is parachuted in to analyse matches - innit bruv??? Gets on my t**s.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Do other places have these woke idiots too or is it just US and Europe?
    Do China, Vietnam, Angola, Uruguay?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭cgcsb

biko wrote: »

These places are very un PC. China is quite a racist place actually, as is Japan. You've also slightly jumped the gun with Europe there, hyper PC culture is mostly English speaking (plus Sweden). terminology in other European languages hasn't changed much at all in a generation. 'the blacks' is commonly heard in most latin languages for example. Certain jobs are still referred to as masculine

• Advertisement

cgcsb wrote: »
    These places are very un PC. China is quite a racist place actually, as is Japan.

I'm sure some folk would consider that statement racist.

It's all a bit mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,727 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Not Vietnam. Met a Vietnamese lad who thought black jokes were hilariously funny.

Seems to be a affluent Western countries affliction.
    People living in poor countries have bigger things to worry about.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭cgcsb

I'm sure some folk would consider that statement racist.

It's all a bit mad.

Well I mean objectively the culture is quite a racist one, although they generally wouldn't wish harm on someone. A black person wouldn't be permitted to marry a local female for example. A white person may be taken under consideration if he is sufficiently wealthy and the family is open minded. They've no problem taking pictures, staring and even pointing (pointing in Chinese culture is about the rudest thing you can do) when they see a white person. I've had a teenager literally pluck a hair out of my head when on a train in China and examine it's blondeness. They've literally no PC filter at all, like I said they aren't in any way violent or aggressive about their racism, it comes more from a place of innocence than ignorance.

cgcsb wrote: »
    Well I mean objectively the culture is quite a racist one, although they generally wouldn't wish harm on someone. A black person wouldn't be permitted to marry a local female for example. A white person may be taken under consideration if he is sufficiently wealthy and the family is open minded. They've no problem taking pictures, staring and even pointing (pointing in Chinese culture is about the rudest thing you can do) when they see a white person. I've had a teenager literally pluck a hair out of my head when on a train in China and examine it's blondeness. They've literally no PC filter at all, like I said they aren't in any way violent or aggressive about their racism, it comes more from a place of innocence than ignorance.

It wasn't a slight on you. It was just an observation that people are finding racism or offence where there isn't any these days

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭DelaneyIn

Dr. Ebun Joseph thinks that maybe black slavers thought they were doing something good for the blacks they sold into slavery.

https://twitter.com/Mc188945/status/1326232116150071298

• Registered Users Posts: 8,268 ✭✭✭AllForIt

In China you can't say what you like either.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

DelaneyIn wrote: »
    Dr. Ebun Joseph thinks that maybe black slavers thought they were doing something good for the blacks they sold into slavery.
    Revisionist twit. :rolleyes:
    The slavers were interseted in one thing, money.
    These fools are looking back at history through modern eyes and trying to twist everything to fit their stupid agendas.

But the words are the same. Coloured people/people of colour mean the same thing just put the other way round. They're the very same words.

The irony is when he used that phrase it was in an argument he was making in defense of those folks!

DelaneyIn wrote: »

https://twitter.com/Mc188945/status/1326232116150071298

She is a ****ing nutter.

• Advertisement

Not Vietnam. Met a Vietnamese lad who thought black jokes were hilariously funny.

Seems to be a affluent Western countries affliction.
    People living in poor countries have bigger things to worry about.

You'll also find the affluent types who peddle this guff live far away from diversity themselves. Remember John Snow's "I've never seen so many white people in one place"? John clearly forgot where he lived. A 100% white gated English community.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement