Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FG to still just do nothing for the next 5 years - part 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Are you ok, dude? I’m not going to lie; there’s a bit of a Ewan Mackenna vibe off your posts. Lot of anger there.

Dude.

Cool Hand Luke JohnnyFlash has arrived. He's spent months on boards trying to lambast his political enemies, real and imagined, and he's *not an angry man at all* We've all witnessed you frothing at the mouth before, during and after the election, so you can let that schtick go.

Dude.

Lads, FG are still in power. They did a great job during the lockdown. Get over it and move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Lads, FG are still in power. They did a great job during the lockdown. Get over it and move on.

They only did a great job during the lockdown cos the shops were closed and they couldn’t be out buying fancy stuff.

#fashionshoes

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Yurt! wrote: »
    dUdE. MAgiC mOneY TREe. iS I doING pOLItix RrighT?

Mod: You're doing threadbans right. Don't post in this thread again.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,940 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

McMurphy wrote: »
    Seeing as the last page seemed to be all about people correcting others, I may carry on in the same vein.

1, there is a thread about all 3 parties in Govt, it's titled FF/G /Greens next government, and can be found here, in fact you've posted in it on more than 80 occasion's. Slipped your mind did it?

That is a thread talking about government decisions and the like, no complaints from me about that there...
    Where is the long-running FF and Greens thread... to match this one?
    Why is there such an obsession about FG and not FF or the Greens by the usual detractors?
    Secondly, the last polls we seen had SF riding even higher than FG, and even though certain FG party members tried to rewrite history, and polling stats, but got swiftly corrected here, so it would seem despite their stellar job and competence in previous govt roles, there's still a sizeable amount of people who appear to want the shinners over FG.

Explain that one.

Did I not every say SF were not riding high in polls?
    Explain that one?

Sizable as in 1% difference according to the last poll, well within the margin of error?
    Explain that one?

• Advertisement

smurgen wrote: »
    So the three counties are locked down indefinitely? Is Larry Goodman that powerful the FFG can't intervene? He must have some juicy stuff on you lads.

Indefinitely? No, I doubt it.
    What is the actual point you are making here?

Do you disagree with the lockdown? Do you disagree with NPHET?
    Or just because it has something to do with FG, you disagree with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

markodaly wrote: »
    That is a thread talking about government decisions and the like, no complaints from me about that there...
    Where is the long-running FF and Greens thread... to match this one?
    Why is there such an obsession about FG and not FF or the Greens by the usual detractors?

There are separate threads for both parties. Top of my head, there's a "Green party wishlist" and a thread about Eamon Ryan to name a few for the Greens, and "FF humiliated again", "An Taoiseach Michaél Martin", "Stephen Donnelly Minister for Health", "The Fianna Fail front bench" and many more.

Seems like you're doing a bit of giving out about FG threads garnering negative attention?

Did I not every say SF were not riding high in polls?
    Explain that one?

Sizable as in 1% difference according to the last poll, well within the margin of error?
    Explain that one?

You didn't mention it, no.

I also note PP have the shinners at Evs for most seats in the next GE, FG are at 6/4, meanwhile FF are at 4-1.

Surely this is another new first?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Indefinitely? No, I doubt it.
    What is the actual point you are making here?

Do you disagree with the lockdown? Do you disagree with NPHET?
    Or just because it has something to do with FG, you disagree with it?

You know the answer & you know the poster is just going to ramble on with some whataboutery nonsense to change the subject- so why bother??

There are separate threads for both parties. Top of my head, there's a "Green party wishlist" and a thread about Eamon Ryan to name a few for the Greens, and "FF humiliated again", "An Taoiseach Michaél Martin", "Stephen Donnelly Minister for Health", "The Fianna Fail front bench" and many more.

Yet, these threads have gone off to Boards.ie heaven as they are no longer active, while a thread which had its roots about FG going into opposition months ago is still going strong...
    So, what is it, about FG that perks one's interest or should I say faux outrage much more than say, the Greens or FF?

You didn't mention it, no.

Yes, I didn't. So why bring it up?

Yet, these threads have gone off to Boards.ie heaven as they are no longer active, while a thread which had its roots about FG going into opposition months ago is still going strong...
    So, what is it, about FG that perks one's interest or should I say faux outrage much more than say, the Greens or FF?

Those threads aren't being defended tooth and nail by party zealots would be my best bet, you're free to stop posting in this one mind you, maybe it would stop floating around the top of CA forum, doubtful, but who knows?

Yes, I didn't. So why bring it up?

I brought it up because SF are consistently outpolling FG including in the actual elections (you know the ones that matter most?) With a clear trend emerging, of which I linked to a few posts ago, and you didn't acknowledge.

Why, if FG are doing such a stellar job is my question?

Are the plebs not getting the party message loud and clear, and failing to get with the program?

• Advertisement

Those threads aren't being defended tooth and nail by party zealots would be my best bet, you're free to stop posting in this one mind you, maybe it would stop floating around the top of CA forum, doubtful, but who knows?

Ok, so what exactly am I defending now? The biggest and most prominent posters in the old thread were the usual SF supporting amigos. I can dig out the post count if you. One of them racked up over 1000 posts alone! Impressive stuff.

I brought it up because SF are consistently outpolling FG including in the actual elections

Consistently? Clearly you were not paying attention to earlier polls after the election which had 3 polls in a row, with FG on the mid to high 30's.
    Oh dear!

Why, if FG are doing such a stellar job is my question?

The are polling well enough at the moment.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Next_Irish_general_election

Edit: Actually that makes FG 7 polls in a row higher than SF.
    I take it your use of the word 'Consistently' is misused here or maybe you cant tell when you lie anymore?

Ok, so what exactly am I defending now? The biggest and most prominent posters in the old thread were the usual SF supporting amigos. I can dig out the post count if you. One of them racked up over 1000 posts alone! Impressive stuff.

I never said you were defending anything in your last couple of previous posts, this is another example of you arguing a point no-one made. Reread what I actually posted please.

Consistently? Clearly you were not paying attention to earlier polls after the election which had 3 polls in a row, with FG on the mid to high 30's.
    Oh dear!

The are polling well enough at the moment.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Next_Irish_general_election

Edit: Actually that makes FG 7 polls in a row higher than SF.
    I take it your use of the word 'Consistently' is misused here or maybe you cant tell when you lie anymore?

Lie? I posted earlier to breakdown of the stats and polling results - including the last election (isn't that supposed to be the important one?)

I linked to someone else breaking down the figure/trend.

Here it is.
    Not sure what poll you're reading there Johnny but if it is the Sunday Times Behaviour & Attitudes one that was released today and that we have all been discussing this afternoon they you are actually the one who is "not detailed orientated"

Yes Fine Gael are up 8%, from page 6-
    Jan 2020 FG 14%
    July 2020 FG 22%

But no, SF are not down 5% as per your claim above. They are actually up 12% in the time since the last poll in the same series was undertaken by the Sunday Times back in January. Thats them gone up 12% compared to Fine Gaels 8% over the same time period

Jan 2020 SF 17%.
    July 2020 SF 29% (+12%)

And then when undecided voters are excluded it looks like this
    FG Jan 2020 20% July 2020 28% (up 8%)
    SF Jan 2020 24% July 2020 36% (up 12%)

So no matter whether you take the poll with all respondents or the poll with undecided voters excluded the result is still the same, Fine Gael have gone up 8% but during that time SF have risen 12%. In other words in the last six months Sinn Fein have outpolled Fine Gael by a whopping 50%. Alarm bells should be going off in FG HQ about this trend because FG can take votes off FF all they want but that it is of little use if SF are outpolling them regardless. The trend is your friend

As to how you managed to spin all that into Sinn Fein being down 5% I'm not sure but I can only suggest that you are (in your own words) "not detail orientated". I mean c'mon now Johnny, I thought you Fine Gael lads were playing senior hurling here It feels to me that its more like an under 9s game that is strewn with schoolboy errors and sloppy hurling.

link

• Registered Users Posts: 19,047 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/sinn-féin-apologises-as-member-resigns-over-social-media-abuse-1.4326902

What in heck’s name is all this about??

Hopefully nobody........ well I’ll leave it at that...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/sinn-féin-apologises-as-member-resigns-over-social-media-abuse-1.4326902

What in heck’s name is all this about??

Hopefully nobody........ well I’ll leave it at that...

The Online Army has a fair few renegades in the ranks, Brendan. There will be more of the same to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,228 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Something about FG's frape room something something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Thankfully FG has a gang of stalwarts to badger and harangue anybody with criticism for them. And point out any bullying like.

Lie? I posted earlier to breakdown of the stats and polling results - including the last election (isn't that supposed to be the important one?)

The polling result, not polling results as that is an analysis done on one poll, which ignores the previous 7 polls that had FG well ahead.
    Why did you ignore the other 7 polls that had FG well ahead..

Were you blind?
    Were you drunk?
    Did you forget?
    Did you know?
    Genuine mistake?

..Or just playing the twitter game?

I said it before and Ill say it again, will SF do well in the next election, yes.
    Will FG be up there as their main opposition, yes I think.
    Will they get enough seats to form yet another government, who knows. They have been in power now 9 years and looking at another 5, so another 5 on top.. maybe it's possible, maybe not.

But quite a stretch if you ask me, at least they went in there and did something, rather then the "Look at us, we shout a lot' types from SF and PBP.

Maybe that is why we have so much 'extra' scrutiny from the SF types.
    They don't fear FF or the Greens or Labour, they don't see them as a threat, but they do fear FG so, the cavalry blows its horns and away ye go.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Bowie wrote: »
    Thankfully FG has a gang of stalwarts to badger and harangue anybody with criticism for them. And point out any bullying like.

They also have spokespeople and solicitors.

https://twitter.com/PhelanVicky/status/1286648467956224001?s=19

If FF or the Greens had a bunch of lads fighting tooth and nail on every criticism and were even making up ones of their own to get het up about, like FG do, those threads would be as vibrant as any other.

• Advertisement

smurgen wrote: »
    They also have spokespeople and solicitors.

Who are 'they' ?

If FF or the Greens had a bunch of lads fighting tooth and nail on every criticism and were even making up ones of their own to get het up about, like FG do, those threads would be as vibrant as any other.

Well with 10 posts already in this thread, and about close to 1000 on the other older thread, it won't take one of the 'other' sides to stop you posting banal white lies day in day out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Well with 10 posts already in this thread, and about close to 1000 on the other older thread, it won't take one of the 'other' sides to stop you posting banal white lies day in day out.

Says the man up til 4.30 posting about SF.

We have absolutely beginners, thinking that they’re all the young dudes, praying to Major Tom while dancing in the streets with China Girl to Starman.

You've 9, so close. What do I win? :rolleyes:

Throw a few more made up allegations and more insults and you'll be top dog in no time.
    Not sure what any of your personalised slurs have to do with FG, but that's the point isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Although Leo lifted some of the dialogue from other Netflix titles ;)

Think it's even too weak for Netflix, YouTube in 15 minute segments , Netfix is holding out to show the Baldy documentary,

Think it's even too weak for Netflix, YouTube in 15 minute segments , Netfix is holding out to show the Baldy documentary,

Huh?

We have absolutely beginners, thinking that they’re all the young dudes, praying to Major Tom while dancing in the streets with China Girl to Starman.

Someone big into Mott the Hoople and Bowie..........

You've 9, so close. What do I win? :rolleyes:

Throw a few more made up allegations and more insults and you'll be top dog in no time.
    Not sure what any of your personalised slurs have to do with FG, but that's the point isn't it?

Of course it’s the point.

Like sending two MMA fighters into the cage and telling one he can only defend himself and not fight back.

Surely you didn’t think people would so thick to let you away with that:confused:

GwY outa dat.

• Advertisement

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/pac-chair-accused-of-basic-error-on-dail-rent-cost-claims-39440088.html

Oh dear, the boy Stanley not having a good start is seems.

These lads seem to have a poor understanding of fiscal matters.

Uhmm......

Advertisement