Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Possible Black Crowes Reunion

• 31-10-2019 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭

Chris and Rich Robinson are talking again apparently, lots of speculation of a big 2020 tour.

I hope the rumors are true

Superb band

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

Seen them in Memphis way back in 2007. Great band

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I see Steve Gorman says he wants nothing to do with the reunion. I was a big fan of them back in the day, Amorica being my favourite album of theirs and Wiser Times my favourite song. Saw them live in the SFX on that tour and once a few years later in Wales but found that their live shows were a bit too jammy for my liking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Summer US tour dates confirmed

Hope they come to Europe

Nice interview with Rolling Stone Magazine here.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/black-crowes-chris-rich-robinson-reunion-910453/

The best thing I took from it is that there'll be no jams, just the songs. Having read that, I really hope they come over here.

• Registered Users, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

One of my all time favourite bands......seen them many times, but sadly this is just a money spinner for the Robinsons......no Gorman, Ford, Colt/Pipien, so takes the shine off it for me. Rich has left fans of the Magpie Salute in limbo too...and given no explanation if they will continue in the future or not....which really grinds. First show kicks off tonight......will be interesting to see how much support they get with a bunch of hired hands!

MUdE6CK.jpg?2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,896 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Don't see the harmony lasting, Chris Robinson always came off as a wanker.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Grid. wrote: »
    One of my all time favourite bands......seen them many times, but sadly this is just a money spinner for the Robinsons......no Gorman, Ford, Colt/Pipien, so takes the shine off it for me. Rich has left fans of the Magpie Salute in limbo too...and given no explanation if they will continue in the future or not....which really grinds. First show kicks off tonight......will be interesting to see how much support they get with a bunch of hired hands!

MUdE6CK.jpg?2

whilst I agree with all of that, I hope they come across the pond for a few gigs

I love their songs

whilst I agree with all of that, I hope they come across the pond for a few gigs

I love their songs

As much as it irks me.......i would have to check them out:p.......grew up listening to Shake Your Moneymaker & Southern Harmony....and been a loyal fan ever since that first gig at the SFX!!;)

Isaiah Mitchell is crackin' guitarist in fairness.........i'm surprised Stern had them on, mustn't have read Gorman's book!:P

• Advertisement

https://www.ticketmaster.ie/

Crowes play the 3 Arena on 10th October.

Advertisement