Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Game Awards (Or Spike's VGA's) Tonight! (December 5th, 2014)

Options
  • 05-12-2014 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭

Tonight is The Game Awards but as the thread title says it was known as Spike's VGA show for quite a few years.

Just thought I would create a thread as am sure people will be talking about it later on. You can watch it live on youtube, twitch, etc and it starts at 2am
    GMT as it's held in Las Vegas.

http://www.thegameawards.com

Noteable games to be shown:
    - 'Metal Gear Online' (or simply Metal Gear Solid 5's multiplayer)
    - Street Fighter 5. Capcom made a mistake and revealed the title today but then took down the videos.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Got my Doritos and Mountain Dew standing by.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Want:

The Last Guardian
    Spyro by Insomniac
    Shenmue 3
    Crash by Naughty Dog just to relive my ps1 days
    Ape Escape
    Kula World
    Tombi 1 and 2 in hd remastered

• Registered Users Posts: 28,794 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Time to dig up the Half Life 3 thread again? :D

Looks like will wait until tomorrow to watch it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭rizzla

An episodic South Park game would be nice, they already have the engine.

I have a feeling alot of ports will be announced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

My heart would love a Fallout 4 and Borderlands 3 announcement but my head knows neither will happen at this.

But maybe some news on Dragons Dogma, I posted over in the other thread that capcom have registered a European trade mark for one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

calex71 wrote: »
    My heart would love a Fallout 4 and Borderlands 3 announcement but my head knows neither will happen at this.

But maybe some news on Dragons Dogma, I posted over in the other thread that capcom have registered a European trade mark for one.

Skyrim was announced at the game awards so it's not entirely out of the realms of possibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Want:

The Last Guardian
    Spyro by Insomniac
    Shenmue 3
    Crash by Naughty Dog just to relive my ps1 days
    Ape Escape
    Kula World
    Tombi 1 and 2 in hd remastered

Just add Fallout 4 and Half Life 3 to that list.. at least take a few gambles would you. All the above are obviously going to be revealed :p

Keno wrote: »
    Skyrim was announced at the game awards so it's not entirely out of the realms of possibility.

Bethesda have already said they aren't showing anything.

tok9 wrote: »
    Bethesda have already said they aren't showing anything.

Show ends.

"Oh, just one more thing."

Head of Obsidian walks onto stage. Stream starts to lag with high spike in viewers.

"We know Bethesda said they weren't announcing anything, but we've been working on a sequel of our own"

97% of the worlds internet bandwidth is now being used to keep this stream up.

Alpha Protocol 2

The world economy collapses and never recovers.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Did they changed the name, because last years show was a train wreck?

• Advertisement

Pretty much, yeah. They're revamping so it's no longer associated with Spike, it's being funded by Geoff Keighly and it's pretty much being all organised/contributed to by the industry players like Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft, Valve, EA, Ubisoft, etc.

Would love a Metroid announcement

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Here is the link to youtube when it starts https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlLvCLP2h84

Wonder if we'll get the 3 US console company heads on stage together, or even pics of them backstage. Though Reggie may be a bit confused wondering what happened the guys who were the heads this time last year.

Present the Game of the Year award and just before it announce "Super Smash Bros Allstars Battle Royale with...um...Master Chief"

I'm looking forward to seeing some trailers but I really hope this awards show actually goes well and is presented in a relatively respected manner.

I'm not expecting any grammy type event and I know there are already some excellent awards such as the Dice awards etc, but it's always nice to have a big celebration of something you love.

Just please... no mountain dew everywhere :(

Ol' Reggie up first :p

Twitch stream is surprisingly ahead of the youtube stream. Only about 30 seconds but weird. Would have put money on that Youtube would be more "live" so to speak.

Think of some of the levels the Japanese are going to make with Mario Maker. *shudder*

Metal Gear Online already?

God damn you Metal Gear! That looks great but still no release date.

Yeah. Didnt like the way he said "and we will be showing you more in the upcoming months" ...
    Really think this is a Summer 2015 game now. Wouldnt be shocked to see it shipped with Ground Zeroes too :pac: Since by then it'll be classed as an 'old game'.
    I always thought the idea was Ground Zeroes was basically a paid demo, but when The Phantom Pain came out you would get an option. Eg, pay more to have it included. But now... not so sure.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Wow. This is embarrassingly bad

COYVB wrote: »
    Wow. This is embarrassingly bad
    I've watched the VGA's "The Game Awards" for a couple of years now and they are always bad.
    Not sure about ya'll but I only watch it to see trailers for new games. Even then they can be hit or miss.

But to be brutally honest I wanted to watch the show for the Metal Gear Online trailer. Seems like I am just watching it for the sake of it now :pac:

I know the previous ones by Spike were pretty terrible but I would mostly agree that as an awards show it isn't great.

A lot of awkward awards being randomly given out. "Oh you won this and this... now world premiere"

This has a long way to go before it could be seriously recognised as an important award event.

It's actually an awful lot closer to a mini E3 instead of an awards show.

This is just boring, is't it? :p

It's way too long assuming they weren't lying about it being on the halfway mark a while ago. We're looking at a 4 hour show!

Still loved everything No Man's Sky related. That's going to be a soundtrack I love I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Just watched some trailers..... 2015 will be Nintendo's year... Zelda looks incredible (now confirmed for next year) and new starfox too before that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

no new trailer of Uncharted 4?!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

mystic86 wrote: »
    no new trailer of Uncharted 4?!

You might get that this evening from 6pm for the Sony Experience event.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/news/news-15068-Watch-The-PlayStation-Experience-Here---A-Whole-Weekend-of-PlayStation-Celebrations.html

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

All the trailers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

All that Indie reveals , may need to make another my problem with indies 2.0 thread :L

Advertisement