Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What is your "tipple?"

• 05-12-2007 6:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭

I've been a non drinker for 4 years now and I'm very disappointed about the range of soft drinks that are on offer in the pubs. I tend to drink pure orange and lemonade (white). Getting a bit bored of it now though. When I went to the North they had gorgeous soft drinks.

So, which soft drink would you have? I need inspiration!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

I've been a non drinker for 4 years now and I'm very disappointed about the range of soft drinks that are on offer in the pubs. I tend to drink pure orange and lemonade (white). Getting a bit bored of it now though. When I went to the North they had gorgeous soft drinks.

So, which soft drink would you have? I need inspiration!

Britvic 55 - Its lightly fizzed orange juice.. Or Lukozade in a pint glass with a tonne of ice.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Coke or OJ. Gets very boring after a while.
    Had a sip of a non-alcoholic beer once. Not nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭geminilady

i had J2O when i was in england it was lovely comes in lots of flavours dont know if ya can get it hear though, i like shloer at christmas! but i usually just drink also 7up free! is anyone hear a pioneer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

Coke, it can get a little bland sometimes!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

I'm a water fan myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭masseyno9

I drink but i LOVE 'madison.' Haven't seen it in years, but when i was younger i was mad for the stuff.

Googling like a mad thing here and can't find it at all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭tulipandthistle

geminilady wrote: »
    i had J2O when i was in england it was lovely comes in lots of flavours dont know if ya can get it hear though, i like shloer at christmas! but i usually just drink also 7up free! is anyone hear a pioneer?

I think that's the one I had in Northern Ireland - it was delicious, I had a Strawberry one...mmmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭Fabio

Rasa! A Cork institution...(well, maybe not, but the name is!).

Raspberry cordial with water. It's free in a lot of places too which is great cos then you can alternate between Coke/Pepsi and the Rasa.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,715 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Used to drink Coke but it's hard to have more than a few in a night. Switched to 7Up (Sprite) and it's a little easier on the stomach. Been trying out water lately too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭legspin

A pint of coke.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭tulipandthistle

oh wow, Raspberry Cordial! - delish!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭geminilady

I think that's the one I had in Northern Ireland - it was delicious, I had a Strawberry one...mmmmmmm

the purple one is gorgeous too!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,080 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Depends how cheap Im being on a particular night :p
    Sometimes coke or OJ / Pineapple juice (yummers), sometimes cordial, sometimes tap water.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭CerebralCortex

There was a soft drink years ago called schwepp's shazan or something like that lovely stuff.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 339 ✭✭mastermind2005

i strongly recommend coka-cola with cherry cordial its lovely they serve it in TGI Fridays

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭NonDrinkersClub

Coke with fresh lime juice!!! Ummm - strips the enamal right off yer teeth so it does!
    (I have many fillings :()

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

geminilady wrote: »

Had J2O recently in the Longstone pub in Dublin. So some pubs do have it. Hopefully it will spread, it's nice stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 moemar

Usually just a pint of water. You never have to go to the bar when you're drinking water, people will just get it for you because they don't have to pay. I can't count the number of times people have said to me with a smile "jaysus that's the cheapest drink I've ever gotten somebody". It's much better than listening to friends complain about women taking advantage of rounds and making them buy €19 cocktails.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

last christmas I mixed cream soda, 7 up and orange and sweet holy bejaysis it was A MA ZIN!!!!!

I usually get Lucozade, Orange Juice or a pint of Blackcurrant

mostly blackcurrant cos im not mad on fizzy drinks and loads of OJ gives ye the sh:ts!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 moemar

unreggd wrote: »
    loads of OJ gives ye the sh:ts!!

that's why I can't have more than one glass a day :o the room gets pretty funky when I do:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,397 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

Football Special, a non-drinkers paradise. Only available in Donegal though.

continue.....

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

initially it was coke, if the lads had 9 pints of bud, I would have 9 pints of coke, helped me do the small box big box dancing. also tried cidona in a pint glass as it looked like cider.

then i moved on to less coke.
    Tried B55 but it was a bit womany

Now I just drink sparkling water.

Stoner wrote: »
    tried cidona in a pint glass as it looked like cider

I usta do that with Lucozade in a pint glass, looks like that reddish pint that smells like sick [literally!!]

Smoothie Bars in clubs ftw!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭TimTim

Its usually a coke but I like to mix it up every once in a while and drink Lucozade instead.

woo: 600

• Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭seanieclarke

yeah usually a blackcurrant or a lucozade for me. too much lucozade makes me feel fairly sick though!

other than that id prob get ginger ale if they did them in bigger bottles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I usually go for the Lucozade option. A nice pint of it with a load of ice :) Very tasty, and goes well with a match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭jph100

does anyone else also think that there shud be a better variety of non alcoholic drinks in places?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

How the hell have I got a ruthless hangover having been drinking britvic 55 last night?? I'm now getting hangovers from WATCHING people drink!!!! Thats a new low. :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

DaveMcG wrote: »
    I usually go for the Lucozade option. A nice pint of it with a load of ice :) Very tasty, and goes well with a match.

Indeed, very refreshing.

Advertisement