Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Non-drinkers: Do you like pubs/clubs???

• 13-01-2008 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭

I'm a non drinker, and I love pubs and clubs just as much as the boozers

Pubs have a great atmosphere, as do clubs, with the added extra of cool music and a dancefloor

Just wonderin if anyone still goes to pubs/clubs as a lot seem to be into 100% alcohol free premises

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

It depends who I'm with. I don't go much, even less since we got digital in a few years back, used to watch the matches with the dad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,999 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I used to go every weekend without fail, but since i finished working last week i'll let you know if i go out much!

If theres a good crowd i'll enjoy, no matter where it is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭NonDrinkersClub

I haven't been to a club in years - as for pubs, never liked 'em much - and since the smoking ban, they all stink of vomit and stale beer. I'd still set foot in a pub occasionally but only to play some guitar or see some comedy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

I like pubs with a nice atmosphere, where you can talk & actually hear each other. Clubs can be good craic but more miss than hit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Mr.M

i'm the same as Bottle_of_Smoke..i dont mind a good pub with a live band or something on..also depends a lot on who i'm out with..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭LaVidaLoca

For me it's about something else to do apart from drinking.

When I was drinking , I'd be quite happy to sit at the same table (in a pub) for 5 or 6 hours with the same 2 or 3 people, and think nothing of it.

When sober, it's kind of like, "Jesus guys, we've been here for 2 hours already, lets go DO something!"

So now I need a band to listen to , or a dancefloor, or darts or good conversation. But just sitting in the same seat for 4 or 5 hours is Bo-ring!

Advertisement