Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Non Drinker Speed Dating!

• 11-12-2007 12:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭

Anyone interested in non-drinker speed dating?

I'm thinking of organising something like this in the New Year in a nice cosy Dublin city venue. I just wanna check if there's enough people first.

If you're interested, please send me a private message with your first name, age & email address and I'll get back to you asap! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭NonDrinkersClub

Thanks to everyone who has sent me their details so far! Hopefully I'll get enough names to be able to organise this soon.

Speed-dating is so simple & it's lots of fun!

This is how it works:

- an equal number of guys'n'gals show up to our lovely venue which will have music & food & other nice stuff to entertain
    - they get name tags & a sheet of ideas for questions to ask
    - everyone gets a list of each others names
    - people are paired up and sit across from each other
    - you are not allowed to talk about your job unless you're an astronaut or something! most jobs are too damn boring
    - you are not allowed to arrange a date on the night
    - each date is 7 mins approx
    - when the 7 mins is up, the guys move to the next table
    - if you like someone, you tick the box beside their name (secretly)
    - I collect all the sheets at the end and cross reference them the next day
    - If two people both like each other I give them each others numbers!

This is gonna be really fun! I usually organise gigs'n'comedy shows so I guarantee this will be a night to remember!

Shy? Don't worry...nearly everyone is :) it's not that serious anyways. Think of it as a good excuse for a non-drinking night out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Out of interest, how many have PM'd you bout this?

Speed dating aint my bag, baby :)

I got a few alright :) not enough to make a night out of it yet but I'm hopeful!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭Fabio

It's difficult I'd say as some people opn these baords, shock shock...do NOT live in Dublin!

I see your point my friend, but I live in Dublin, thus, I am organising the speed dating in a Dublin venue. I did say that in the original post :)

That said, if there are any people interested in setting up a speed dating event in their home county, feel free to make yourself known!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,999 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

well seeing as 1/4 of the population lives there seems as good a place as any to have it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭Fabio

My point was that it may suit that particular quarter of the population but by no means does it suit the other three-quarters.

Anyway, I know it's practical to have it in Dublin and wouldn't have the time to go about organising something similar here in Cork so fair play to the OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭cailinoBAC

I'm not sure how well this would work. I mean, if people are going speed dating and then considering going on events, they probably don't want to meet the same people. Plus, with speed dating events, usually it's sorted out by age, so I wonder if you're working with too small a group of people. Maybe it's better to organise some more casual events. Probably the same people will go along, and if anything happens, it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,999 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

where would suit better? Cork!? i know what your saying but its hard to please all. You should have them in Athlone , the heart of ireland, central to everyone!

cailinoBAC wrote: »
    I'm not sure how well this would work. I mean, if people are going speed dating and then considering going on events, they probably don't want to meet the same people. Plus, with speed dating events, usually it's sorted out by age, so I wonder if you're working with too small a group of people. Maybe it's better to organise some more casual events. Probably the same people will go along, and if anything happens, it happens.

Yeah, I think you're right. I haven't really gotten enough of a response to make a night of it. Maybe it'll be something to organise a little bit down the road. I still think it's a good idea though.

I will definitely be organising an event in the New Year so hopefully I'll see y'all at that.

Thanks to all who replied so far! Happy Xmas!

• Advertisement
Advertisement